Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

MvCI PC Modding Tutorial - Custom Model Workflow 4k 60FPS

@Fewtch

Here

Sorry, I think I moved the file to another folder which caused the issue, I will edit the original post as well.

https://mega.nz/#!W91xSBZS!lfzU7TY0BwVjo...qEOvkXvvlU
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

(12-26-2017, 07:37 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @tabs

Your most welcome.

Let me know if you face any other issues with APEX, I will be happy to help Smile

Btw just a small tip, You can do all the fine tuning right in UE4. Once you import your APEX file click on "Physics Properties" drop down to adjust various properties like bend resistance, self collision thickness and other stuff, you don't have to switch between UE4 and 3DSMax over and over unless you want to add/modify collision hulls or APEX weights.

welp, managed to run into another issue w/ APEX- this time it might be a MVCI specific thing.
basically, whenever i apply APEX physics to an item it makes it stop reading textures ingame. in UE4 it's fine but ingame it's the usual gray checkerboard pattern.
when i remove the APEX the textures will load properly but once applied nothin' happens

@tabs

That shouldn't happen, are you sure you're assigning the mesh to the right material ? for example if you have assigned your mesh to say SHOES material and then applied APEX on it then it should replace SHOES material/slot in UE4 too, it cannot replace any other material and you cannot use any custom material name that isn't in original material list, you have to assign it to one of the existing material names.

(12-29-2017, 06:54 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @tabs

That shouldn't happen, are you sure you're assigning the mesh to the right material ? for example if you have assigned your mesh to say SHOES material and then applied APEX on it then it should replace SHOES material/slot in UE4 too, it cannot replace any other material and you cannot use any custom material name that isn't in original material list, you have to assign it to one of the existing material names.

yeah, i'm doing that and still no dice. have tried renaming meshes/merging to pre-existing meshes as well and it doesn't work.
also did a quick test and just doing it to a regular mesh without editing anything causes the same results, so pretty sure it's a mvci quirk at this point

@UncleFestor have you checked DuckCharaPartsAsset file?I believed that was the "index" file you speculate last time.
When I open it in hex editor I see it contains the list of mesh and texture file so if we can edit/create that file then may be we can add extra textures/materials
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Monkeygigabuster's post