Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

MvCI uexp texture exporter/injector

So here's a script to export the MipMaps from the .uexp files. It'll also inject them. This is similar to the scripts for Tekken7 & MKXL, where you'll need to edit the inject.bms script with the name of the file you're working on PRIOR to injecting the edited mips. Remember, because they're already mips, when you save them, do so WITHOUT generating MipMaps.

export_P is for textures from the _P .pak

Please Note:  This tool is a WIP. I still have to add in normal map functionality. 

MVCI_Uexp_Texture_Exporter

It's EXTREMELY likely there will be incompatible characters. Please let me know if you come across any characters whose files won't extract.
[+] 5 users Like UncleFestor's post

Tool Updated
[+] 1 user Likes UncleFestor's post

(09-30-2017, 08:07 PM)UncleFestor Wrote: Tool Updated

Can you post some kind of tutotial for this? Other users may be familiar with old Tekken tools but I confess that most of us are not.

It's not an old Tekken Tool. I made this for MvCi. To inject textures you need to open the Inject.bms file (It's a simple text file) snd edit the line it says to, with the name of the file you're working on.

I watched your other tutorial, thanks for that!  
Super helpful, but it goes a lot more in depth than what I'm trying to do.  All I'm wanting to do is edit costume colors, so I don't need to extract any meshes, and am just trying to export the textures to get started.

I see within a character's folder, there are additional folders for 2P, 3P, etc.  Does this mean there is basically a separate texture file for each of the 4 colors?
unlike SFV where there is one Color texture file, then different colors are applied to different material slots to create the different color sets?
Meaning, if I want to edit 4 colors for Dormammu, for example, would I be extracting and editing 4 different textures?  Just trying to get an idea of the process...

I started with a random folder, just to see if I can get a texture extracted.
I copied /014/014_COLOR.uexp, and placed it in the INPUT folder, then ran the script for MVCI_Texture_Exporter_Color.bms, but ended up getting some errors:
Error: Incomplete input file 0: C:\Users.....\MVCI_uexp_Tuexture_Exporter\input\014_COLOR.uexp

I'm assuming I'm running the wrong script, or on the wrong file.  I see 4 different 'texture export' scripts and many different .uexp files.  How do you know which of the 4 scripts to run?

Just use UE4 it's far easier, and I already posted a tut on how to do that.