Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - KrizmKazm - 10-17-2017

I hit a little road block working on Cammy Schoolgirl and can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.  I thought one of you guys may know what's going on.  I'm having 2 issues:

1.)  Although I already edited all of her texture files, I'm still seeing an outline where her underwear should be, and it seems flat and not modeled.  I don't see this line on any texture file, and I've worked on all of them thoroughly.  Does anyone know if this is part of her body model by chance?  The only texture I didn't edit, was the MASK because there was nothing there visibly for her skin areas.

2.)  Using the ColorEditTool (after editing texture files), I'm able to copy her skin color to the 'Stockings' slot to match her legs to her face skin color.  As you can see in the image below, if I make her skin and stockings solid black, her legs appear solid black but the face/hands are red.  This tells me her leg skin is not taking lighting the same as her face/hands.  I tried to match her legs with her face color in the SSS, so those would appear red.  I do notice the Alpha layer doesn't have the shading like the hands and face do, but wasn't sure how to edit that layer.  Does my SSS look OK for the skin color?  

Preview of problems (NSFW):
Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-17-2017

@KrizmKazm

Can I see your textures ? if possible send me the texture files so I can check them but I probably won't be able to do anything before this weekend.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - SaturnFrost - 10-22-2017

is there any information about editing menats crystal ball and any info on its textures?...I went mining for the textures for it but i couldnt seem to find a normal file or mask file,the more important files ..I only found vfx for it..
Or better yet does anyone know where the textures uassets for it would be located?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Tha Big Daddy C-Master - 10-23-2017

When I make any changes to a costume (Cammy 01) by adding a mod to it or anything else. The costume doesn't change but gets a bunch of weird colors. Does anybody have an idea what might be happening?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 05:08 AM)Tha Big Daddy C-Master Wrote: When I make any changes to a costume (Cammy 01) by adding a mod to it or anything else. The costume doesn't change but gets a bunch of weird colors. Does anybody have an idea what might be happening?

Mmmmm..... I'd need more details. What did you do specifically and what did it look like after you did it...?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Tha Big Daddy C-Master - 10-23-2017

Ok. I extracted the pak files and left one in (#53).

Anyways the costumes work, but the custom colors I made (that I've always used in the past) don't. They give me this effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYpqeMCiPxU&feature=youtu.be

Don't mind the music lol.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - TaNooki - 10-25-2017

@SaturnFrost

I don't think it has any textures because the ball is translucent. If you look at the crystal ball uasset file for the mesh, you'll see that it's not linked to any material files. You might have a better chance trying to reverse engineer the crystal ball with the textbook from the school costume because that definitely has textures:

[Image: menatgoldenpowerpreview_by_tanooki128-dbroogs.png]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-26-2017

@Tha Big Daddy C-Master
Even more specific than that.
What mod specifically are you trying to install? Playing with the game unpacked? 
When you say "when I make changes to a costume" Are you talking coloredit or are you editing the mesh....?
Are you using  mini swaps to swap costume slots in addition to something else...?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - SaturnFrost - 10-26-2017

good idea @TaNooki  I'll give that a try cus i want to give Menat a genie lamp.
Sadly,I've run into another issue with her Materials/elements not showing up in UE4 when i import them into the editor. The base body comes from the nude mod,so the materials were in a weird state when i got her,half of them transparent and about 3 of them being put to use. As soon as I go to edit the materials and export from blender to UE4,the materials/elements don't show up separated in UE4. Instead all of them join into 3 materials. The jacket of my mod also gets a funky line coming out of it when i import the fbx into UE4 once i mess with the material names/orders in blender (before that it looks fine).  Huh
 [Image: Menat_Genie_Of_Course_shit_has_to_go_wrong1.png]
[Image: Menat_Genie_Of_Course_shit_has_to_go_wrong2.png]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - SaturnFrost - 10-26-2017

Ok so a quick update to the mod issues above...I managed to get the materials to show up in UE4 by importing without materials thanks to some advice from Hecz.
The issue with the left side of the jacket still persists tho in UE4.
Edit: Fixed the shirt issue ^_^,there was some funky weight painting mess ups on my part.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Tha Big Daddy C-Master - 10-27-2017

(10-26-2017, 06:55 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @Tha Big Daddy C-Master
Even more specific than that.
What mod specifically are you trying to install? Playing with the game unpacked? 
When you say "when I make changes to a costume" Are you talking coloredit or are you editing the mesh....?
Are you using  mini swaps to swap costume slots in addition to something else...?

Unpacked.
I used the coloredit tool and I've had custom colors for a long time.  When I unpack the new files I have to add them back in there.  They go into the data asset folder with the corresponding costume.  
Now when I do it I get the effect I posted in the video.

I'm not using any costume mods except for the Swimsuit one currently for Cammy.  I'm not custom coloring that so it isn't a problem.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-27-2017

@Tha Big Daddy C-Master
It looks like the game can't find the eyelens/eye material for any of Cammy's costumes. Hmmmm.
Did you unpack the whole game or only specific paks....?
I'm pretty sure at least some of the old paks have been updated- I had to use the 4gb quickbms to unpack pak 1 after the last major update, and I never had to do that before.
So you might have to bite the bullet and fully unpack the whole game again. But that's just a guess.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Tha Big Daddy C-Master - 10-28-2017

I was told to leave one in because the game couldn't run without it. So I left in pak 53. I could leave a different pack file in the folder instead and try that.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ya-Ha - 10-28-2017

Hi everyone, I'm totally new in modding, but I wanted to understand how it works. But so far, I'm struggling to understand the workflow.
I know 3d stuff ( I really know how Maya works for example ) but 3d game, and UE4 I don't get it Angry .

I started yesterday, with a simple mod to understand how it works, so I just modify Ken' Face. First I crashed the game many times because I was not using the right version of UE.
Then I succeded to import my 3d model. But I have no shader/material. That is the part that I don't understand. Can I re use all textures and mats from the game ? or do I have to replug manually on UE.

Can someone give me some advice, Thanks

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-29-2017

@Ya-Ha

Hi,

Welcome to the forum Smile

You can use pretty much everything you have in game and you don't need to replug anything in UE, you just have to setup your project correctly so your new model uasset use the correct file references/paths. If you show me how your project looks like (preferably a screenshot of UE window) then I might be able to help you better.