Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - ChubbyT - 01-01-2019

Thanks for the reply @Ouji !

I was originally following Ecchigamer's tutorial but I got stuck in the UE4 workflow so I still didn't cook the project. Here is a picture to show the problem I get when I do create physics: 
https://ibb.co/wcfcR19

And when I double click the mesh, the model is almost invisible as shown in the following picture:
https://ibb.co/LzDwhyd
I added the red rectangle to show where the model is.
I exported the character following UncleFestor's tutorial, and I'm not trying to add any physics.

EDIT: Pictures don't show for some reason, I'm not used to forums.

EDIT2: So I fixed that problem by going back to blender and finding out that my armature was really huge compared to my model, so I scaled the model up and I got no problems in UE. However in-game, in character selection the character looks huge and not moving (I can only see the shoe) and in-match I can still only see the shoe but it's floating and it's like transparent. Any ideas? (I did import in UE with the scale of 0.393708 )

EDIT3: So after more tries on blender, I got the model to be smaller(and not transparent) but it's far from being small enough lol, and I still have the problem of T-posing.
https://ibb.co/SKNcrR2
https://ibb.co/sbyd8Gp
https://ibb.co/Zcpz8zW (ken looks confused lmao)
I also don't know why she looks tanned.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-01-2019

@ChubbyT Poor Ken, lol. But yeah I think your issues relate to the Skeleton file and the materials. Before cooking your character, make sure to create Material Instances from the Materials you imported into UE4. You can right click them and create Material Instances from them. After that, rename the Material Instance files to the names of the actual materials. You can get rid of the actual materials afterwards. Your character should be grey after you assign the Material Instances to the mesh. That should solve the colour relates issues.

The weird character size is due to the Skeleton file generated after you import the mesh into UE4. Make sure you rename the Skeleton to CMN_Skeleton and MOVE it to the CMN folder in UE4. After you cook the mod, just get rid of the Skeleton file. Actually, the only thing you need to keep after you cook the mod for a simple mod is the Mesh (Z26_01 for Sakura's C1 I think) and your texture files (something like Z26_Color...etc) Refer to the original names.

@Ouji I have been doing all of that since the start. I'll have to drop modding for now and comeback in a month or so. I have spent more time trying to make mods than to actually play the game lol.
All I found for now is that reducing the size in blender will reduce it in-game which led me to this: https://ibb.co/7JSsCXh
I can't get the exact size right, but even if I do I will have problems with the skin color, the t-pose, and the chest and hair models being out of place. I can't pinpoint where I messed up and don't have much free time to start from scratch again. The textures on the clothing that I've worked on are the right ones which makes this even more confusing.

@ChubbyT PM me your Blender file and UE4 project if you still wanna continue modding, and I'll see how I can help.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-01-2019

@ChubbyT

Your CMN folder doesn't have Skeleton folder in it. You need to move Z26_01_Skeleton to the Skeleton folder there and then rename the file to CMN_Skeleton. That might be the reason for T-Pose error. Also how you're fixing the armature size? Did you used my FBX file?

@Ouji 

Your Evil Ryu mod got featured on EventHubs, congrats Smile

But honestly I don't get these people. When we put mods behind Patreon, they cry that mods should always be free and when they get them for free they bash them with tons of criticism like they paid for them. How can you criticize something that hard when you get it for free... These guys will never be thankful for the amount of "Personal" time a modder puts into mods, people call me mean but now I don't think twice before telling them to make their own mods if they don't like the stuff we make.

Anyway, good job on that mod. Atleast Kage looks less horny with that lol.

@BrutalAce Thanks for telling me about it, but yeah these guys are both hypocrites and one of the most judgemental groups of people I've ever seen (at least online). People who just got into modding, like myself, appreciate the hard work and dedication modders like yourself and others prove and show time and time again. Don't let the negative press put you down.

I'll keep it short and simple for those people and/or the press. If you don't like the mods you get for free, make them yourself or at least suggest some things someone could improve rather than bashing them to the ground. Anyways, love your art, mate. You're an inspiration. Keep it up Smile

Edit: I love how they didn't even tag my account and tagged someone else's Twitter lol. Feelsbadman. At least I know I can do better than a simple mod like the one they featured, lol.

@Ouji I’ve always wanted to do some modding, it’s just that next month is quite busy for me so I can’t put much time into it. I’m suspecting that importing a psk file into blender might be the problem. Anyways like I said I’ll get back to this in a month hopefully. Thanks for helping though, I appreciate it.

@BrutalAce I did put the CMN_skeleton file in the CMN folder in all the attempts I did. I didn’t use your FBX files (though I probably should have) and used another mod files and got the psk using umodel which I then imported directly in blender (using an addon). Next time I’ll try using your files instead and hopefully I won’t run into the same problem.

@ChubbyT You're welcome. If you have any further questions, hit me up. Oh, and about the CMN folder structure, I think it should go like this CMN>Skeleton>CMN_Skeleton like BrutalAce mentioned.

@Ouji so that’s one mistake I was doing. I feel dumb but the t-pose isn’t the only irritating problem I’m facing. I’ll try again tomorrow if I find free time.

EDIT: I'M DONE LOL https://youtu.be/9LYg1lZvbKk
So now I'm sure I messed too much with the armature on blender. I'll pay more attention to that next time. Thanks again guys! and thank you @BrutalAce and the others for all the ressources and help you are giving, it's really inspirational.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-03-2019

@ChubbyT I'm confident you'll be able to make great mods once you have the time Smile

For future reference, the character's movements relate to both the Armature and the character's weights.
I think Ecchi Gamer explains how weight transfer works better than I can do, lol.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-04-2019

Guys, I figured out how to import PSK directly into Blender with minimum problems.

1. Enable the add-on as you would for any other
  2. Navigate to 'File', 'Import' and 'Import Skeleton Mesh (.psk).

Pre-Import, just tick 'Don't invert root bone'.

[Image: image.png]

Post-Import, you only need to change about the imported PSK is:

• Set the object shading to 'Smooth'.
  • Change the size of armature to '0.0255' or '0.0254' for X,Y,Z (had to figure this out through experimentation. It worked for me, but double-check for your case by cross-referencing a traditional mod or FBX)
[Image: Screenshot-50.png]
  • Delete the these bone-groups through 'Pose Mode'. 

Edit: Make sure you delete the extra UV you get after importing.
Finally, you export it normally as you would for any other mod and go do your thing in UE4 Smile

Edit 2: This works with the new plug FBX exporter, but if you'd like to use the old one, do NOT scale down your armature. 
Don't forget to import the FBX into UE4 without scaling it down if you're using the old plug-in.

Edit 3: I realised that this method may corrupt the second/third UV channel, so keep that in mind.

Download (Right-Click to Save)
Official GitHub

Example of a quick mod I made that removes C2 Kage horns and belt using this method. They're the same size, innit?
There are no issues with either the physics or anything of that sort.

[Image: Screenshot-49.png]

Now, when I lose my students' access to 3ds, I won't have to worry, lol.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-08-2019

Anyone knows how to export physics file from uasset to make it something usable in UE4? thx

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-08-2019

So I've tried to follow this tutorial to create a physics mod for Ibuki C4, and stucked at step 4 for the new version doesn't seems to have this function anymore, what should I do? 

Also, how to do a thigh physics? Thanks in advance.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-08-2019

@Eugene Check out Brutal Ace's updated tutorial. He explains a lot. It has pictures so you can get an idea on how to do custom thigh physics. To be honest though, none of the character's have thigh physics, even Chun, as thighs are considred kinematic (static) physics by the game engine. It might work, but I have no clue. It might be similar to the jiggle physics explained in Brutal's tutorial.  

Also, by new version, do you mean a new UE4? Street Fighter V uses 4.7.6. Using any other version won't help you out.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-09-2019

(01-08-2019, 10:42 PM)Ouji Wrote: @Eugene Check out Brutal Ace's updated tutorial. He explains a lot. It has pictures so you can get an idea on how to do custom thigh physics. To be honest though, none of the character's have thigh physics, even Chun, as thighs are considred kinematic (static) physics by the game engine. It might work, but I have no clue. It might be similar to the jiggle physics explained in Brutal's tutorial.  

Also, by new version, do you mean a new UE4? Street Fighter V uses 4.7.6. Using any other version won't help you out.

Cheers mate, I just downloaded version 4.7.6 of UE. Yet somehow when I open the physics asset an error "Warning: Physics Asset has no skeletal mesh assigned!  For now, a simple default skeletal mesh (SkeletalMesh /Engine/EngineMeshes/SkeletalCube.SkeletalCube) will be used.  You can fix this by opening PhAT, selecting the appropriate skeletal mesh in the content browser, and using (Asset -> Change Mesh) before saving this asset." popped out, and it shows a box instead of the character's model, how do I solve this?

edit: I just solved my problem, but I got another one. I've edit the physics of Ibuki C4's breast and leg physics according to the tutorial, and tested that physics in game, which in result crashed my game in the character selecting screen once I had Ibuki's C4 chosen, here's the file. Thanks for reading this.