Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 05-12-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

hands/fingers always require accurate placement, if new mesh has hands above the bones then you need to bring them down until they are perfectly aligned with the bones, for other parts you can take some freedom as they don't get messed up easily but hands no.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 05-12-2018

@Ecchi Gamer @BrutalAce

moving the bones should work too. When I made Juri's hands a lot smaller in both her swimwear mods, I adjusted the bones to match the new hand proportion and the animations were fine.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 05-12-2018

@bbb
@Ecchi Gamer

Yes that works too provided you're okay with some proportional changes. Resizing hands is not what I usually do but it depends on your mod and taste.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 05-13-2018

@BrutalAce

how do you compress your mod files
recently @bbb showed me how i can significantly compress files using 7zip
using it compressed  from   700 MB to  60 MB
i used these settings https://imgur.com/adZFHVX
except the dictionary size was 1536 MB and cpu threads 8

But when i tried to use it again it said that        the system can't allocate enough memory
even if i drop the dictionary size 512 MB i still get the same error
this time my folder size about  8.47 GB 
i can compress it using winrar but as like in the past its only ganna get reduced to 2 GB which is alot for me to upload and others to download
i have 8 GB ram so 512 MB should work
could this be happening due to hard disk issues

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 05-13-2018

@Ecchi Gamer
That setting is from me, so based on my own testing (I have 8 GB RAM and 4 threads CPU), the setting "dictionary size 512 MB and number of CPU threads 2" is the best because if I set for example dictionary size to 768 MB or the CPU threads to 4 (this setting especially), it will require more memory (you can see the "memory usage for compressing" indicator on the screenshot there and it is already 5413 MB / 5 GB when we use just the setting "512 MB dictionary size and 2 CPU threads"). And since you also only have 8 GB RAM but you tried to use the setting "512 MB dictionary size and 8 CPU threads", you can see that the memory usage is raised to 24125 MB / around 24 GB, that's way way more exceed your 8 GB RAM.

@robhal

so i have to lower the cpu threads too
i did worked when i used it to compress my recent cammy mod which was around 700mb

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 05-13-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

Here are my settings

[Image: dMhDreU.png]

As @robhal said you need to lower you CPU thread count to either 2 or 1 but 1 is really slow so 2 is fine, the higher count you'll have the faster it will compress but you won't get good compression. It also indicate the amount of memory your settings will use for compression so if the amount exceed your system memory then you won't be able to compress.I have 32 GB ram so I crank the dictionary size to 1536 MB with 2 CPU threads so it ends up using 16 GB of ram which is possible with 32 GB.

I also switch between LZMA and LZMA2, both are almost same but LZMA2 is faster though sometimes I get slightly better compression with LZMA. In most cases it's good to stick with LZMA2.

@BrutalAce
@robhal

thanks a lot guys it worked out
8.47 GB reduced to 156 MB
oh thank goodness 2 GB would have been a disaster not only during uploading but for others while downloading

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - thundr51 - 05-14-2018

This may be a silly question, but here goes: Is it possible to use the swap method to put custom characters into different outfits? For example, take Tanooki's Rasta Juri (C1) and use the model for another one of Juri's outfit (C2). It seems to be the same character except for some different textures. I'm guessing I'm simplifying this a bit much since from what I can tell the "skin" file also has data for the clothes as well so a simple "swap" wouldn't work. A modification to the texture file would be needed.

I'm currently trying to do this but wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 05-16-2018

@thundr51

Nope
i doesn't work like that
you have to edit the mesh file as well

not trying to demotivate you or any thing but hex editing is just the start 
if you want to swap models with textures you need to edit it in a 3d program like blender or 3ds max
the point is if you want to do it you need to know alot more things and if your interested in learning then
here's a link to the tutorials that i made  http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=356
you should go through it but it is gonna be a long tutorial and it'll take alot your time to understand somethings but if you are interested i could help a little bit

@BrutalAce

a question regarding physics
whats the difference between physics types Default and Kinematic
i did try to experiment but didn't understand what the kinematic physics are or mean or do

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 05-16-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

A kinematic body/part is totally dependent on skeleton movement, whereas a default body is totally dependent on kinematic body. For example if you consider hairs then head is the kinematic body because it should only move on skeleton movement while hairs themselves are default body, they move based on head movement so head act as the parent and hairs act as the child.

Another example is the breast physics in which chest is the kinematic body (parent) and breasts are the default body (child). Chest move on skeleton movement and breasts move on chest movement.

Kinematic bodies also provide ways of collision for example lets say you want your character's hairs to rest on the chest then you create a new physics body for chest and set it to kinematic then that body will allow the hairs to rest on it instead of going through the chest (clipping). This chest body can work as parent for breasts and provide collision for hairs at the same time.

I hope it was clear enough.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 05-17-2018

@BrutalAce

Another thing 
those spheres that appear when i edit the physics file in body mode or also in constraint mode
are they responsible for detecting collision or not
if they are then should i scale them down a bit because sometimes they seemed to be very large and are intersecting one n other
e.g the hair sphere\hull (are they called hull because i remembered you mentioning something like this) are intersecting the chest and shoulder spheres

is this the reason why the hair sometimes start moving so haphazardly in air

also if i scale them too small they also seem to start moving haphazardly

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 05-17-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

Yes those spheres are collision hulls, they detect the collision. You can scale them down to the size of body part or whatever object you want to cover, they should wrap the object as close as possible. Unreal Engine try to detect their size based on weights but it's not very good in doing the job so you have to do that manually.

And yes that's the major reason behind bad movement, big collision hulls will start colliding everywhere so you need to scale them down to the size of object or slightly bigger than object. If you make them too small then they will get hyperactive because each collision hull has a weight and reducing their size reduce their weight as well so if you make them too light then they will fly around even with slight touch of collision.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 05-17-2018

@BrutalAce

ok that was really helpful ,so far i think i was having alot of problems with physics because of that
btw how the hell do you know all of this stuff man

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 05-17-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

No problem Smile

About how do I know all this, well I have the habit of doing a lot of experiments, I keep wasting time if you put it that way and try to figure out new stuff. Combine that with six years of SF modding and you get a mad scientist like me Big Grin