Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-18-2018

@robhal

Yes bro I am also waiting for this patch to see how they will deliver it, hopefully they will go back to manifest file so users won't face trouble anymore otherwise we'll stick to old options. I think FrostHaven should switch back to old version of PMM so users will have an option to pick and it also has convenient way of renaming files so in case anyone will face load order problem they will be able to rename files within PMM but maybe he's busy right now so there is no update from him.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 04-18-2018

@BrutalAce
It's a good thing bro that we have three methods to install mods, thus if one is failed there are still others. Hope the same too bro. Btw if I recall correctly, the method used by the old version of PMM is the fancier way of the "manual copy to Paks\~mods folder" with nice UI and convenient way to rename, right bro? But indeed it's still better than what I do atm after finish making mod and want to install it:
1. Open PMM
2. Drag the mod folder into PMM window to "install" it (it does still install the mod correctly but since the current SFV v3.020 doesn't read the dlc.manifest file so this step actually does nothing, but this is imo the most convenient way to make pak file)
3. Copy the pak file into Paks\~mods folder
4. Launch the game

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-18-2018

@robhal

Yes bro old PMM was just fancy way of doing the manual installation but since users are so used to of PMM they will certainly prefer that instead of copying the files manually, that's the reason why old PMM also had load order issues but since it had fancy way of renaming files too, it made it easier for users to rename the mods without leaving the program.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - MiChOcO - 04-18-2018

@BrutalAce@robhal It's not installing mods the problem, I've been using that ~mods method before MM, but like I said I always have weird messages instead of the new content displayed at each new update, and once MM is synchronized with the new version, everything is back to normal. That's why I'm waiting for his move  Big Grin

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-20-2018

@BrutalAce

i am having trouble finding the right materials for making cloth transparent 
i tried to use the same material that i used for kasumi hair
i slowing increased the intensity of black color in the alpha layer and the cloth goes from solid\opaque to being invisible
i want to make it close to being transparent like this
[Image: doaxvv_kasumi___nemophila_ssr__2_hairsty...bw8s04.png]

Is there any specific material that i could use to make it like this

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-20-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

Okay lets solve your problems one by one.

1) For lips, you have to fix them by manually replacing the bad weights with correct weights. You can open the mouth using Blender's pose mode to see which vertices are bad and then fix them one by one by correcting the weights.

2) For Goku eye issue, the solution that's coming in my mind is not use Goku's eye model, use eyes from your source model and adjust their UV on Goku's texture, does it make sense ?

3) For Kasumi/Sakura hair issue you don't have to assign single vertex to a dedicated bone, I haven't done something like this so I don't know why UE4 is not giving you the option but I suppose one vertex is not enough for UE4 to form a collision hull.

You can fix clipping issues by making more hulls, for example you enabled collision on 7th (last) bone right ? try enabling collision on 6th bone too and see if it fix the issue. If not then make sure your kinematic bodies are big enough, here you need two kinematic bodies (chest and pelvis), make sure they are big and covering the entire chest and waist areas so the hairs won't go through them.

In case you make two hair bones (6th and 7th) then make sure you disable collision between them, any hair bone(s) shouldn't collide with each other because that will create the elastic/spring effect.

4) For your Kasumi Bikini transparency issue, unfortunately I don't know any material in SFV that support semi transparency. Most of these materials come from hairs and they support opaque or full transparency, there is no semi transparency. I also don't know any costume in SFV that has transparent clothing so it means there is no such material, I might be wrong but I am pretty sure. I hope they create such a material in future though, will be really useful.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 04-21-2018

@Ecchi Gamer
Hmmmm. Semi-Transparency....
....Maybe Rashid's Viewitful Joe visor?
Worked for these colored lenses.
Z0C_05_E06_Visor.
[Image: 20180420194003_1.jpg]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-21-2018

@sleepy_scrub

Never thought about that costume, good find Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-21-2018

@sleepy_scrub

OMG!!!!

Your a lifesaver bro  it actually worked
thanks alot

@BrutalAce

one more question guys
i want to rename to Z0C_05_E06_Visor to one of cammy's default materials so that it could have color customization , Assuming if that is actually possible 

cammy's materials  start with   CM_CMY_01_E03_Cloth  
what kind things are important
do i have to keep the number of characters\Alphabets  in mind
or can i just replace  all  of  Z0C_05_E06_Visor  with   CM_CMY_01_E03_Cloth   in  hex editor and 
also rename the file to CM_CMY_01_E03_Cloth

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 04-21-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

Mmmm I don't think you have to rename the material for color customization to work.

Customization is from what I've seen controlled by the order of materials you setup within Unreal. 
Example: If so-and-so character's 3rds material group is 'PANTS' And you put "SHIRT" in slot 3 instead, once you go to the ColorEdit tool all of the pants color sliders will now affect the shirt.

Now you do need to hex edit file paths within the material instance so that it links to your textures, but I'm guessing you've gotten that far already.

Let me know if that works.

@sleepy_scrub

Ohh so customization is base on material order
thanks i'll give it a try and let you how it turned out

Customization work on material order and how many color slots a material support. If you open the material in hex editor and find CustomizeColor0, CustomizeColor1 and CustomizeColor2 words then that material support up to three customization slots. If you replace that material with another that only support one customization slot then rest of two colors won't work no matter how much you modify your mask file or edit the color preset file.

Also I prefer to edit the material file according to the character I am working on, it's personal preference but the more organized you are the better, also some characters don't have material order numbers like E00, E01, E02 and so on, UE4 adjust them with Alphabetical order so your name should be adjusted so that the material will go the right order.

For example you have materials with these names.

Accessory
Belts
Clothing

And you want to replace Belts with Visor so how will you do that if there is no E00, E01 and so on ? You have to change the name so it will go to the right order, in case of this example make Visor either Belts or Bisor, both will work but you have to give it a name with "B" so it will come between Accessory and Clothing.

@BrutalAce

the Z0C_05_E06_Visor has only CustomizeColor0
what color should the mask have to utilize this

Red.

@BrutalAce

Thanks for the help
well I guess I'll get started with part 4 of that xna tutorial