Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 02-15-2018

SOOOO I tried to get cute with Black Panther and set up his V-Trigger so on activation the claws on his hand/feet glowed:
(Like so):
[Image: NECALI_GLOW_CLAW.jpg]

Tried mighty but couldn't get it work exactly the way I wanted (colorable, based on the costume slot). 

From what I can tell, Necalli has two glowing pieces, the scars and the hair.
The scars are part of the skin and work easily on V-Trigger, but they ONLY glow bright red. Not colorable. 
Now Necalli's V-Trigger hair IS colorable, but getting the transformation to work on V-Trigger activation is the tricky part.

From what I could tell running my tests, V-Trigger transformation seems to be a mix of the default physics file and bone names.
My best guess is when you activate V-Trigger his physics file tells the mesh to hide anything attached to the default hair bones and show anything attached to EX-Hair bones. 
(I did rename the bone attached to one of his claws to a regular hair bone and got it to disappear on V-Trigger). 

So my idea didn't really pan out- I would need to rename the claw bones to hair bones to make them work. And you can't do that without changing the physics asset file (which you can't do or else V-Trigger transformation doesn't work at all). 

Figured I would document this for if anyone else decides to work on Necali.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 02-25-2018

@bbb
That's because there is an updated color preview file for Menat C2 inside the v3.010 title update pak file (but I am not sure what thing is updated though). I suppose you use the ~mods folder install method, right bro?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - allthewaythrough - 03-01-2018

Can anyone identify this nsfw Cammy mod? I need it for educational purposes. Wink
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/6678635

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Pai_ - 03-05-2018

That guy does not release mods, just shows off.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - FvckBringeR - 03-09-2018

So, I was messing with the ini files, then I got to the download folder and saw the backup manifest, dlc manifest and both 303 and 310 steam pak. Is that normal? To have both 'patches' at the same time?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 03-09-2018

@FvckBringeR
No problem with both patch pak files in the same folder as they contain different files thus there is no conflict.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - SpanishGamer911 - 03-10-2018

Not sure if this is the correct section to ask.

I need someone who has Juri & her school alt. If i remember correctly, there was a tool that allows people to take really nice & clean screenshots in game.
Kinda need one of juri in color 8 of her school alt. If possible.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Pai_ - 03-10-2018

If someone can record themselves in 3DSMax creating a new simple clothing item (belt, skirt), adding it to the body, adding a new color texture to it, and porting it to Unreal showing the naming, renaming etc. I will really appreciate it. I think we need some better tutorials.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 03-11-2018

Was toying with an old Fang mod the other night.
Tried his V-Trigger 2 and that... did not work.

[Image: 20180310215557_1.jpg]
Lookin' like he swallowed plutonium.  Big Grin
There's a few things going on here (obviously the glow is probably tied to alpha on one of his textures,) but I also noticed he has a VTrigger2 Material asset he didn't have before.
I'm guessing Capcom redid all of his meshes to add the rolled up sleeves for the V-Trigger 2?
I'll have to investigate...

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 03-11-2018

@sleepy_scrub
I check the mesh files (for all FANG's C1-C4) by comparing them with the old files from v2.090, and there is nothing change. These are the files that get added/modified for FANG:
Added: MaterialPreset (DataAsset) and SkinVT2 (Material) for C1/C2/C3, SkinVT2 (Material) for C4
Modified: Costume (DataAsset) for C1/C2/C3/C4, MaterialPreset (DataAsset) for C4

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 03-11-2018

@robhal

Hmmm. I wonder how they set this up then..? Thanks.

EDIT: Glow on his hands controlled by the alpha on his MASK file.
Replacing my modded mesh with the default one made V-Trigger 2 work correctly? Still convinced that's the issue. Maybe I have some bones named wrong or something.
 [Image: 20180310235626_1.jpg]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 03-15-2018

Hello @BrutalAce its been a while
how have you been doing?

I'm finally free from my studies , well at least for two or three months
So started playing games and continued modding from where i left
there is much that i don't know and i want to learn it quickly as possible (like creating physics)
but i don't wana rush anything until at least i'm a little better weight painting\rigging

i think i got the basics but still the meshes that i work on seem to lack in some area's
So i'll continue working on some simple meshes for a while to try to improve it

i know i don't know much but seeing how Khaledantar666 Modded Momiji got me really hyped and i gave it a shot
i tried to rig an entire base body myself and the result was an abomination!!!!!!!!.lol

Well it didn't went too bad i nearly manage to rig the entire body right expect for the face (specifically the eyes,mouth and jaw)

i have been watching different tutorials on youtube to learn more about it
its just that the face portion is so connected  and the internall structure is so complex
SFV and DOA characters have different mesh structure for eyes and mouth

I Don't know how much portion to weight to a particular bone

so anyways.... any advice or tutorial or anything you could recommend would really help

Also there's the eyelens issue for SFVAE 
i found a fix by robhal but i doesnot work for sakura
[Image: screenshot__3__by_ecchigamer-dc5x83e.png]

do you how to fix this

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 03-15-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

I am suffering from some health issues but doing okay for the most part. Glad to see you're back, I thought we won't see you again Smile

About rigging the whole body, it's a complex thing and takes time to master, @Khaledantar666 is a seasoned moder so he can do that with ease. I recommend that you first get better in proportional editing inside Blender, try to align objects as close as you can like resizing bodies without deforming them badly, a good way to learn that is by putting clothes on character, preferably form fitting clothes so you have focus on accuracy. Once you're good in proportional editing then you can start resizing bodies. First try to resize an outside body without the face, you can rig entire body and join original face with it, like I did with Chunli Seashell Bikini in SF4AE and SFxT, I used body of Juliet from Lolipop Chainsaw and joined Chunli's face on her neck.

For rigging external faces, that should be done without the body. Use only the face without any other part so you can work on it easily, all other parts can be joined later (like neck). Since it's face you cannot resize it according to source face because that will just mess up the original look of the face, you can however resize the source face according to target face so you can transfer weight accurate.

example. if you're rigging lei fang on chunli then try adjusting chunli's face according to lei fang's face and then transfer weights.

Keep in mind that face rigging require manual rigging work too, like cleaning unwanted weights from eyes, lips etc so no matter how good you adjust the objects, you can't achieve good results without some cleanup.

EDIT:

For eyelashh issue, just include the eyelash material in your mod or wait for Robhal to include Sakura in his fix mod. Also sorry for some errors in typing, I am doing with mobile.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Khaledantar666 - 03-15-2018

@Ecchi Gamer I totally agree with @BrutalAce what he explained is an excellent starting point, what remains to know about body and face rigging are "case per case" scenarios requiring knowledge based on experience

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 03-16-2018

@Khaledantar666
you're right it takes a lot of experience before someone is good enough to rig entire body
it just gave it a try with the things i know and results were just ok , almost what i expected

by the way i gotta say that momiji mod was fantastic
looking forward to your future work

@BrutalAce
Sorry to hear about your back , hopefully it gets better soon

As for me i just really need to shut myself away from things so that i can fully focus on studies
it will probably happen again after 4-5 months when my next exams draw near but
only for a maximum period of 2 months

i won't let go of gaming and modding that easily unless

i do really bad in my exams and my parents obliterate my computer and me
or i end up dying in a natural disaster
or i end up dying in a war
or i end up dying in any other way

but until that doesn't happen you'll find me active on this forum

Also, i stepped up the game from a simple two piece bikini to something a little more difficult

[Image: screenshot__61__by_ecchigamer-dc61ms3.png]

Sakura - Asari SSR 

the proportional editing was almost ok
but the textures are not exactly what i wanted to get from it in some area's but in the end i just had to accept these because they weren't what i was focused on
the legs area was a little bit difficult for me because this was first time , hopefully i'll get better

just like you said next thing that i'll try will have some more tight clothing and i'll try to get it as right as possible