Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UassetTool program - I need help

Hello! I need help, there are a lot of smart people on this site))) maybe someone knows what’s the matter, I tried everything all over, nothing happened, It is not possible to convert the SSS dds file to UASSET, after storage in Photoshop, the file is not converted, other files are converted without problems. 

Dead forum, no one will help  Sad

@"Alex85"
Download Unreal Engine (if this is SF5 make SURE it's version 4.7 or your files will crash the game), you can cook TGA files to .uasset through that. Make sure you set it up right, watch some of the tutorials on the site for more info.

I can't speak for everyone but people won't always answer questions that are already covered in the tutorials over and over.
For example, don't be shocked if no one answers when you ask "why isn't PMM working today?" when a hundred other people have already asked that. Sometimes you've gotta read the threads if you really want info.

(10-14-2019, 01:52 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Alex85"
Download Unreal Engine (if this is SF5 make SURE it's version 4.7 or your files will crash the game), you can cook TGA files to .uasset through that. Make sure you set it up right, watch some of the tutorials on the site for more info.

I can't speak for everyone but people won't always answer questions that are already covered in the tutorials over and over.
For example, don't be shocked if no one answers when you ask "why isn't PMM working today?" when a hundred other people have already asked that. Sometimes you've gotta read the threads if you really want info.

Thanks for the answer, i read all the topics but didn’t find anything, Unreal Engine, is this a umodel program?

You can also convert from DDS to UASSET by using a HexEditor:
https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD

1.)  Open the UASSET you want to replace, as well as your new DDS file, in the Hex Editor.

2.)  In the DDS, go to offset 80 and select everything through to the end of the file.  Note the 'length' of your selection at the bottom of the window, you'll need that next.  Right-click > Copy.

3.)  In the UASSET file, go to offset 4A4 and select down to highlight the same length block you saw above (so you'll just have C1 83 2A 9E not selected at the end of the file). Right-click > Paste Insert.

As long as those block lengths match, you should be able to save and test in game.

(10-14-2019, 08:30 PM)KrizmKazm Wrote: You can also convert from DDS to UASSET by using a HexEditor:

1.)  Open the UASSET you want to replace, as well as your new DDS file, in the Hex Editor.

2.)  In the DDS, go to offset 80 and select everything through to the end of the file.  Note the 'length' of your selection at the bottom of the window, you'll need that next.  Right-click > Copy.

3.)  In the UASSET file, go to offset 4A4 and select down to highlight the same length block you saw above (so you'll just have C1 83 2A 9E not selected at the end of the file). Right-click > Paste Insert.

As long as those block lengths match, you should be able to save and test in game.

Did everything as you wrote, pack the file in the pack is what happened)))

(10-14-2019, 08:30 PM)KrizmKazm Wrote: You can also convert from DDS to UASSET by using a HexEditor:

Am I doing something wrong?

(10-15-2019, 10:35 AM)Alex85 Wrote: Am I doing something wrong?
You're working off this tutorial, yes?
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=57

Few things.

(Checks your video) It doesn't look like you copy-pasted properly? In your video the DDS length you highlighted to copy was 155570 but that wasn't the length you pasted over..... the total length should match up when you hit paste. But I haven't used that method in a while.

Quote:Thanks for the answer, i read all the topics but didn’t find anything, Unreal Engine, is this a umodel program?
Second,
Unreal Engine is the game engine Street Fighter was developed in.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Stud...index.html

Basically if you compress files/textures using the same filepath and folder structure as SF5, you can replace files and trick the game into thinking your stuff is the original. That's sort of the core principal of modding Unreal Engine games.

If you're just trying to black out a single SSS file doing it w/Photoshop and HxD is probably fine.

Once you start working with multiple sets of textures (or modeling at all) dragging textures into an Unreal Project and then cooking them (there's a button you can hit that compresses everything into .uasset format) would probably be more effective.  It's a whole thing, you're going to have to watch one of the video tutorials to get a clear picture of it.

Third,

Let's back up here, you're just trying to black out the SSS file? What's your end goal?
When I've modified SSS to get darker skin tones on coloredits, I've usually colored the red parts dark brown or grey instead of blacking it all the way out.  (But blacking it out does work).

Also, while I don't normally do it this way I wonder if the easiest way to disable the SSS file is to just rename it? Just put _OLD at the end of it and the game shouldn't be able to find it I think...?

(10-17-2019, 05:10 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:35 AM)Alex85 Wrote: Am I doing something wrong?
You're working off this tutorial, yes?

Few things.

(Checks your video) It doesn't look like you copy-pasted properly? In your video the DDS length you highlighted to copy was 155570 but that wasn't the length you pasted over..... the total length should match up when you hit paste. But I haven't used that method in a while.

Quote:Thanks for the answer, i read all the topics but didn’t find anything, Unreal Engine, is this a umodel program?
Second,
Unreal Engine is the game engine Street Fighter was developed in.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Stud...index.html

Basically if you compress files/textures using the same filepath and folder structure as SF5, you can replace files and trick the game into thinking your stuff is the original. That's sort of the core principal of modding Unreal Engine games.

If you're just trying to black out a single SSS file doing it w/Photoshop and HxD is probably fine.

Once you start working with multiple sets of textures (or modeling at all) dragging textures into an Unreal Project and then cooking them (there's a button you can hit that compresses everything into .uasset format) would probably be more effective.  It's a whole thing, you're going to have to watch one of the video tutorials to get a clear picture of it.

Third,

Let's back up here, you're just trying to black out the SSS file? What's your end goal?
When I've modified SSS to get darker skin tones on coloredits, I've usually colored the red parts dark brown or grey instead of blacking it all the way out.  (But blacking it out does work).

Also, while I don't normally do it this way I wonder if the easiest way to disable the SSS file is to just rename it? Just put _OLD at the end of it and the game shouldn't be able to find it I think...?
the Unreal Engine program is too complicated for me, I tried to rename the file, this method does not work, and in the UASSET file from 4A4, which row should I choose? on this site it was shown in a screenshot that from 4A4 to the lowest and do not touch C1 83 2A 9E, okay if it doesn’t work, then it’s not fate)))

(10-17-2019, 03:36 PM)Alex85 Wrote: I tried to rename the file, this method does not work, and in the UASSET file from 4A4, which row should I choose? on this site it was shown in a screenshot that from 4A4 to the lowest and do not touch C1 83 2A 9E, okay if it doesn’t work, then it’s not fate
@"Alex85"

We'll skip Unreal for now then (though it's not that bad once you watch the video tutorials).

The 4A4 thing isn't up to date anymore it seems (that's how Moddah wrote it, but I guess the files have changed since, BrutalAce's tutorial is more current).

Read this tutorial from BrutalAce:

To summarize:
On your edited file, select from block 80 to the bottom,  then copy. Take note of the length column you get here. For Cody it will read 155570 (you did this right in your video). 

On the file we're pasting to, go down to the bottom, start highlighting from BEFORE the last 4 values (so DO NOT highlight C1 83 2A 9E)  and go UP until you MATCH the value in the length column (for Cody, that's Length 155570). Then you paste the hex values from your edited file to the new one.

[Image: hex-thingy-2.jpg]

So in Cody's case the correct offset is apparently 481. The important thing is that the length of the selection on the second file matches the length of what you copied in the first, otherwise you're not copy-pasting the whole file.

Tested:
[Image: hex-thing-test-done.jpg]

End result (plus some coloredit tool: ) 
[Image: 20191020031734-1.jpg]

[/quote]
Am I doing something wrong?

[/quote]

Sorry about that, I didn't know the 4A4 starting point was outdated.

As sleepy_scrub mentioned, your block lengths did not match up. Your first selection in the DDS was 155570 (which is correct), but the block you selected in the UASSET was 15554D. It looks like you were very close though, just need to the block length to be at 155570 in the UASSET, rather than worrying about stopping at block 4A4. The block lengths must be the same.
[+] 1 user Likes KrizmKazm's post

(10-20-2019, 10:37 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 03:36 PM)Alex85 Wrote: I tried to rename the file, this method does not work, and in the UASSET file from 4A4, which row should I choose? on this site it was shown in a screenshot that from 4A4 to the lowest and do not touch C1 83 2A 9E, okay if it doesn’t work, then it’s not fate
@"Alex85"

We'll skip Unreal for now then (though it's not that bad once you watch the video tutorials).

The 4A4 thing isn't up to date anymore it seems (that's how Moddah wrote it, but I guess the files have changed since, BrutalAce's tutorial is more current).

Read this tutorial from BrutalAce:

To summarize:
On your edited file, select from block 80 to the bottom,  then copy. Take note of the length column you get here. For Cody it will read 155570 (you did this right in your video). 

On the file we're pasting to, go down to the bottom, start highlighting from BEFORE the last 4 values (so DO NOT highlight C1 83 2A 9E)  and go UP until you MATCH the value in the length column (for Cody, that's Length 155570). Then you paste the hex values from your edited file to the new one.

[Image: hex-thingy-2.jpg]

So in Cody's case the correct offset is apparently 481. The important thing is that the length of the selection on the second file matches the length of what you copied in the first, otherwise you're not copy-pasting the whole file.

Tested:
[Image: hex-thing-test-done.jpg]

End result (plus some coloredit tool: ) 
[Image: 20191020031734-1.jpg]

Thanks!