Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Updates only give some of update content?

Hi @"robhal" or @"BrutalAce", maybe you can shed some light on this to help me. I just ran SFV for the first time to get the latest update for Poison and all that, but I'm seeing that no new DLC makes it into the shop and the challenges show their IDs instead of descriptions on what to do. When I checked the Local folder, it had said big version was 4, minor version was 60, and big patch was true, along with like 5 version pak files.

I had already changed my dlc manifest so that it didn't have any pak files there and instead put them in the content paks folder. As it is now, I have moved the newly downloaded pak files into the content paks folder, set the dlc manifest to not load any files, I changed the minor version to 70 and the big patch back to false. It's still not loading everything properly even after all this AND verifying integrity of local files through steam. I'm stumped. Do you know how to fix this?

@"robhal" @"BrutalAce" Ok, so I just made sure that the version pak files were no longer in the content paks folder, but all 5 of the necessary version pak files are in the local folder with the dlc manifest saying the minor version is 60 and the big patch is true while referencing said pak files. But I'm not sure why I couldn't do it the way I was doing it before. I have it working fine now, just still confused why I can't edit the dlc manifest file the move those pak files into the content paks folder like I was doing before.
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"sonicprogrammer"

those paks are old and not needed anymore so you can delete them. putting old paks in the game folder that had a steam update will cause the issues you mentioned.

@"sonicprogrammer"
Actually you don't get the update (for Poison, Lucia and Honda) from running SFV because that is not the title update (FYI: title update is the patch we download from in-game), but you get it from Steam. So just like @"bbb" said, delete all those title update pak files and also dlc.manifest file (you can edit it manually / whatever but it doesn't matter because the game simply ignore that file for current v4.070 version), then if you want to verify that you have the correct files for current v4.070 game, select all the 69 pak files in "\Steam\SteamApps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks" folder and see the total file sizes. If the total is 32,0 GB (34.391.645.401 bytes) as indicated in Windows Explorer, it means your game has the right files.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal" @"bbb" Strange, I thought the reason I had a few duplicates of those files was because it downloaded 2 new ones along with the 3 older ones that I had moved out. It was messed up because it was loading from those files in the content paks folder. I had no idea the whole dlc manifest was obsolete, at least for version 4.070. Thanks a lot guys!
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 3 users Like sonicprogrammer's post