Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Animation Modding

Has anyone had any experience with swapping animations via Umodel->3dsMax->UnrealEngine

Ive gotten Cammy's Win_01 pose to work over her taunt but there are issues
the animation is capped at 30fps, Ive read I must change the scene time in 3dsMax to 60fps, I thought I had done that but I still get the same problem
there seems to be translation issues, as she slides about halfway throughout the pose, I believe this might be linked to Root-Motion but I do not have it enabled and force root lock is not available in the UE 4.7 animation settings but instead found in Animation Blueprint settings.

I'm beggining to think this may not be possible, it sucks because I've gotten so close

(08-18-2019, 07:40 AM)x7mv400 Wrote: Has anyone had any experience with swapping animations via Umodel->3dsMax->UnrealEngine

the animation is capped at 30fps, Ive read I must change the scene time in 3dsMax to 60fps, I thought I had done that but I still get the same problem
there seems to be translation issues, as she slides about halfway throughout the pose, I believe this might be linked to Root-Motion but I do not have it enabled and force root lock is not available in the UE 4.7 animation settings but instead found in Animation Blueprint settings.

I'm beggining to think this may not be possible, it sucks because I've gotten so close

sorry not now but interesting Topic (maybe you can fill it up with pictures ?)

@"x7mv400" It's more complicated than you think. Will write up a tutorial soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

I tried modding animations a long time ago (at the end of season 1). I had the method for a few days. It involved using umodel to extract the anims, importing them into 3DS for editing, exporting them to be imported into a UnrealEd SFV project, then when the animations were set to be additive and local the built files worked. Somehow.

Then the Akuma update hit, filenames were all changed and the method stopped working and I couldn't fix it myself. The only thing I managed to save was a couple of down_aomuke poses since those are easy to edit. I still have the files and they still work fine in the game, but I don't know how to make them anymore.

Was this method deliberately nerfed with the update or was it collateral damage?

(08-18-2019, 07:40 AM)x7mv400 Wrote: Has anyone had any experience with swapping animations via Umodel->3dsMax->UnrealEngine

@"x7mv400" Hmmm, this is interesting. How did you do this? Just renaming the files?  I have the software you mentioned, I think this is a great mod, but I'm mostly curious how you know which animations are which.

@"Ouji" Hmm I've looked at you're tutorial, and it seems you know about animation. I was curious about an issue concerning a swap I did with Juri to Seth. Located here. It's seem when she's not in an "special" animation, (like a super move) her face moves forward too much. But when she does a super move, her faces fixes itself, but only for to revert back to a "wrong" state after the move. It's good during the character select also.

Show Content\"wrong" pic:

Show ContentWhat it looks like when it correct itself:

Do you think it's an animation quirk, similar to putting a model too small on a animation designed for a larger model? I've looked at C1 Seths hair and besides the bang, his head mostly leads right into his hair. I'm wondering if the (idle) animation is just assuming this is the case and moves the head too much to compensate. But the super move animation doesn't. That's my theory anyway.

Tldr: Basically what I'm asking is do you think this is animation problem, that just needs the animations themselves to be modded to fix, or is this a mesh  problem that can be fixed by changing the mesh or skeleton?( I've seen this problem every time I swap from Juri to Seth, this is just the most prevalent and noticeable one). Your tuturiol is really a pleasant surprise since i thought only mesh and sound editing was possible. Still don't quite understand it to my liking, but I'll keep trying.

(03-16-2020, 02:59 AM)TripKing Wrote:

@"x7mv400" Hmmm, this is interesting. How did you do this? Just renaming the files?  I have the software you mentioned, I think this is a great mod, but I'm mostly curious how you know which animations are which.

@"Ouji" Hmm I've looked at you're tutorial, and it seems you know about animation. I was curious about an issue concerning a swap I did with Juri to Seth. Located here. It's seem when she's not in an "special" animation, (like a super move) her face moves forward too much. But when she does a super move, her faces fixes itself, but only for to revert back to a "wrong" state after the move. It's good during the character select also.

Do you think it's an animation quirk, similar to putting a model too small on a animation designed for a larger model? I've looked at C1 Seths hair and besides the bang, his head mostly leads right into his hair. I'm wondering if the (idle) animation is just assuming this is the case and moves the head too much to compensate. But the super move animation doesn't. That's my theory anyway.

Tldr: Basically what I'm asking is do you think this is animation problem, that just needs the animations themselves to be modded to fix, or is this a mesh  problem that can be fixed by changing the mesh or skeleton?( I've seen this problem every time I swap from Juri to Seth, this is just the most prevalent and noticeable one). Your tuturiol is really a pleasant surprise since i thought only mesh and sound editing was possible. Still don't quite understand it to my liking, but I'll keep trying.

That's a problem with face animation. Seth and Juri faces are too different, so you need to swap the FCE animation files (located here -> XXX (Character)/Animation).
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

(03-18-2020, 12:19 PM)Leonaura Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:59 AM)TripKing Wrote:

That's a problem with face animation. Seth and Juri faces are too different, so you need to swap the FCE animation files (located here -> XXX (Character)/Animation).

@"Leonaura" So it is the animation then. Does that mean I have to swap Juri's entire animation folder? EditSadNevermind you said FCE files, my eyes just skipped over that part for some reason) It's not specific to her slot, but to the whole character. Thus if I swap it to Seth now it applies to Seth whole character, right? That would fix her but in theory break all other Seth slots, correct? 

Also I'm still curious why the face fixes itself while in a super move, then breaks when it goes idle. Curiously when I view the costume idle animation in the shop (Seth Nostalgia) It doesn't break at all.

Show ContentShop Nostalgia View:

(03-18-2020, 08:52 PM)TripKing Wrote: @"Leonaura" So it is the animation then. Does that mean I have to swap Juri's entire animation folder? It's not specific to her slot, but to the whole character. Thus if I swap it to Seth now it applies to Seth whole character, right? That would fix her but in theory break all other Seth slots, correct? 

Also I'm still curious why the face fixes itself while in a super move, then breaks when it goes idle. Curiously when I view the costume idle animation in the shop (Seth Nostalgia) It doesn't break at all.

Show ContentShop Nostalgia View:

About your first answer, no, you only have to swap the FCE animation files. And yes, affects the whole character. You can include the FCE animation files swap as an option (specially for some cases). 

I don't know about the shop preview, but the super moves uses their own face animations. And that's common to all the characters.
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post