Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
 
Animation Modding

#1
Has anyone had any experience with swapping animations via Umodel->3dsMax->UnrealEngine

Ive gotten Cammy's Win_01 pose to work over her taunt but there are issues
the animation is capped at 30fps, Ive read I must change the scene time in 3dsMax to 60fps, I thought I had done that but I still get the same problem
there seems to be translation issues, as she slides about halfway throughout the pose, I believe this might be linked to Root-Motion but I do not have it enabled and force root lock is not available in the UE 4.7 animation settings but instead found in Animation Blueprint settings.

I'm beggining to think this may not be possible, it sucks because I've gotten so close
Reply

#2
(08-18-2019, 07:40 AM)x7mv400 Wrote: Has anyone had any experience with swapping animations via Umodel->3dsMax->UnrealEngine

Ive gotten Cammy's Win_01 pose to work over her taunt but there are issues
the animation is capped at 30fps, Ive read I must change the scene time in 3dsMax to 60fps, I thought I had done that but I still get the same problem
there seems to be translation issues, as she slides about halfway throughout the pose, I believe this might be linked to Root-Motion but I do not have it enabled and force root lock is not available in the UE 4.7 animation settings but instead found in Animation Blueprint settings.

I'm beggining to think this may not be possible, it sucks because I've gotten so close

sorry not now but interesting Topic (maybe you can fill it up with pictures ?)
Reply

#3
@x7mv400 It's more complicated than you think. Will write up a tutorial soon.
[Image: Sakura-Intro.gif]
                                       « All Mods - Patreon - DeviantArt »
Reply

#4
I tried modding animations a long time ago (at the end of season 1). I had the method for a few days. It involved using umodel to extract the anims, importing them into 3DS for editing, exporting them to be imported into a UnrealEd SFV project, then when the animations were set to be additive and local the built files worked. Somehow.

Then the Akuma update hit, filenames were all changed and the method stopped working and I couldn't fix it myself. The only thing I managed to save was a couple of down_aomuke poses since those are easy to edit. I still have the files and they still work fine in the game, but I don't know how to make them anymore.
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)