Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poison skin color changes

Hmm a Dr?  might be time to page Dr. @BrutalAce

I have a feeling we won't be seeing many mods for her since everyone and their uncle is playing Lucia or Honda.  But  it's still early.  She seems a bit difficult/different so time will tell.
[+] 1 user Likes thundr51's post

(08-19-2019, 11:52 AM)TiggieWhite Wrote: She looks like a mess to me, the laugh is not something you need to worry about, you can see those unnatural seams right? not only her face, the whole body doesn't look well. you should take her to a doctor asap Sad
@TiggieWhite
Yeah I see it. Annoying but mostly fixable. That's sort of the point though, editing the mask is easier so you don't have to deal with all this.
Show ContentSpoiler:

@TiggieWhite
@sleepy_scrub

All those deformation issues happen because of Umodel's inability to handle 8 weights per vertex and smile/laughing is a complex deformation so a little bit of missing weights around the mouth cause these issues. the easiest way to fix the issue without rigging the whole part again is to apply smooth weights operation on the affected areas, select affected vertices with some surrounding area then go in weight editing mode and apply smooth weights operation a couple of times, 3 - 5 times provide decent results.

Speaking about her hand color, I still haven't explored Poison or any of the new characters, kind of occupied by Falke lol but judging from your posts I guess they messed up something on the mask file because Laura's C2 (Bonita Costume) also have two skin materials (Skin and Skin2) and her customize color file has one skin entry that control skin parts assigned to both materials so it shouldn't be an issue but I think they did a blunder somewhere.

Will be able to say more after I look through her files.

@thundr51 

Oh you will see a dozen mods for her from me, Honda doesn't interest me and Lucia is good but a new face. Poison is a familiar face and I was actually waiting for her so can't wait to mod her after I finish Falke.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

(08-22-2019, 06:37 AM)BrutalAce Wrote:  the easiest way to fix the issue without rigging the whole part again is to apply smooth weights operation on the affected areas, select affected vertices with some surrounding area then go in weight editing mode and apply smooth weights operation a couple of times, 3 - 5 times provide decent results.
@sleepy_scrub 
Oh that's a nice trick actually, thanks. 
I've fixed that before by using the blur weight paintbrush on all the face weight groups but this worked out pretty well and was a lot simpler.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

@sleepy_scrub

Your most welcome!

Blur weight paintbrush is fine too, actually that will provide the same results as smooth operation, it's just more manual. With smooth weights, you just have to select the affected area and apply smooth operation. Select all weight groups instead of active weight group when applying the operation and that will smooth out all the weights in that area. Also make sure that the area you're selecting doesn't have any doubles, if there are doubles then remove them first as they can lead to issues after smooth operation.
[+] 2 users Like BrutalAce's post