Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replace one character with another (Moveset, Animation, etc..).

Well, since @"sleepy_scrub" asked this recently:

Quote:Procedure if I wanted to swap one of the new characters over Fang is the same as a normal costume swap right? Except I have to do ALL of the files, including animations?
I'd love if there was a faster way to do it. No point in buying the characters tonight if the bundle is cheaper and comes out tomorrow...

.. I tried to do this. Like he said, the problem is we have to swap all the files inside each folder, and change one or two lines (for example, ID_CMN_Char_D_Z35 to Lucia on her Personal file, or change only the location of that files) to change the name and all of that.

I was worried about this because maybe the swap includes the padlock for that character, BUT NO.

Show ContentREPLACE F.A.N.G with LUCÍA:

As you can see, the size is a completely mess, but is completely functional (At least, I can enjoy her using this method, although I can only do this offline - What would happen if I use her online?).

Maybe @"robhal" or @"TiggieWhite" have more information about this.

UPDATE:

OH
MY
GOD

Joy Cry Joy Cry Joy Cry Joy Cry

This is what happens if you swap all the files, EXCEPT the SkelMesh folder:

Show ContentI've laughed at this for ten minutes:

UPDATE 2:

Okay, I finally did it! It's no so hard or tedious (it's easiest than normal swaps), but I don't know if this crosses the line of legal and illegal, you know Undecided I'm a little worried about that~
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Leonaura's post

Kind of not sure but I strongly recommend to not take this kind of mod into online match.

And about the "UPDATE 2" note, do you mean that now you have a fully functional Lucia moveset swap without the deformed model size (like in the first two screenshots)?

(08-08-2019, 05:34 AM)robhal Wrote: Kind of not sure but I strongly recommend to not take this kind of mod into online match.

And about the "UPDATE 2" note, do you mean that now you have a fully functional Lucia moveset swap without the deformed model size (like in the first two screenshots)?

YES!

I swapped only the first costume, I didn't fix the name, and I didn't swap the voice files... but all of that have an easy solution! Big Grin

I only have one problem: she doesn't show any weapon when she uses her weapon fury, and I don't know the reason yet.
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

Good to hear that, and congrats as now you can play the new char (although only in offline gameplay) Smile

About Lucia's weapon, I am quite that the weapon itself is located her Prop_01 files as there is file/folder reference for "/Game/Chara/Z35/SkelMesh/Common/DataAsset/DA_Z35_Prop_01" in her costume DataAsset files.
FYI, some characters who have access to some kind of weapons (like Cody, Menat, Vega, etc) or have something outside their own models (like Karin's butler guy, Sagat's tiger pet, etc) also has the similar Prop_01 file/folder reference as wll.

@"Leonaura"
congrats, you made the "Crack Mod", better not do that though...
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 

(08-08-2019, 08:23 AM)robhal Wrote: Good to hear that, and congrats as now you can play the new char (although only in offline gameplay) Smile

About Lucia's weapon, I am quite that the weapon itself is located her Prop_01 files as there is file/folder reference for "/Game/Chara/Z35/SkelMesh/Common/DataAsset/DA_Z35_Prop_01" in her costume DataAsset files.
FYI, some characters who have access to some kind of weapons (like Cody, Menat, Vega, etc) or have something outside their own models (like Karin's butler guy, Sagat's tiger pet, etc) also has the similar Prop_01 file/folder reference as wll.

I abandoned the online matches when I won the silver rank, everything I do is for the offline. At least, I can try the new characters (although I'll end up paying for them, as I paid for the others).

In Lucia's case, her weapons are located on ''CM_Z35_01_E01_Weapon'' and ''Z35_01_Tonfa''. I swapped all the files located on her Common folder (the reason why she seems so broken on the first two images of this post was that I wasn't swap that folder in first place). Surely, I was wrong on some lines but I don't worry too much either about that.

@"TiggieWhite"

Sad