Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's EVO 2019 Prediction Time Again

So I was watching BushinStyle's stream on twitch the other night (great Zeku player, streams good house music too) and somebody asked him in the stream if he had heard anything about Super SF5.

(I've clipped it for you)
https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeLuckyCl...PTropPunch

BushinStyle relays, though I have no idea what his sources are, that he's heard:

10 New Characters (!!)
Story Mode Season 2
V-Skill 2
CA 2
V-Focus Attack (works but costs V-Gauge a-la Red Focus...?)
More V-System things
More stages

And with a few weeks to EVO, I guess it's time to make our predictions for the big SF5 announcment this year! Maybe it's Super Ultra Rainbow Edition! Maybe it's just another Abigail or Kage and that's it! Who knows! 

My prediction based off what I've been hearing around the internets:

They do announce a new expansion, probably Super Street Fighter 5 (tracks with what X-Kira has been saying, Ono is tweeting again that he's excited to show off something)

At least 3 characters (10 would blow my mind, I'd expect 5 to round out a normal season including Kage).

C. Viper likely? (game needs more Waifus, appears on this Udon swimsuit cover with the rest of the SF5 ladies from like a month ago)
[Image: street-fighter-pinup-special-600x461.jpg]

-Rose likely? (I've said all along that Menat (Rose Jr.) means Rose is out but Catalyst, the Editor of Eventhubs, claims his sources have told him she's in for sure and he's 95% sure she's gonna get in during their podcast. While he admits he's a Rose stan, I don't think he'd go on record saying that if he wasn't sure). 

Story Mode 2 likely (I again point to Ed's story mode taking place after Bison dies in Season 1, and him forming Neo-Shadaloo with Falke, Beardy, and the Gorilla, doesn't make sense to set this up and never speak of it again). 
[Image: sfv-ed-story-mode-ending-622x350.jpg?resize=622%2C350]

-More of X-Kira's predictions probably come true and piss off his haters (BushinStyle citing CA2, story mode and new stages also tracks with stuff X-Kira said was coming a long time ago but hasn't happened yet).

And now my predictions of things that people won't like:
-Expansion not dropping until end of the year (tracks with another thing X-Kira said forever ago, also if any of the system changes are true they can't drop it until after Capcom Cup or the pro players will riot).

-Characters are dropping as an all-or-nothing package deal. No more buying them one at a time, no more buying them with fight money. You buy the expansion or you don't get anybody. Though Capcom MIGHT drop 1 or 2 characters at EVO as a preorder bonus if you preorder Super SF5 now.

The hints for this are everywhere. The "we're doing things differently" post on Capcom Unity. Slowly phasing out fight money all year by getting rid of ways to earn it. Not dropping any characters throughout the year, even with other fighting games launching and taking a lot of SF5's shine.  To me the only reason to not drop characters throughout the year is if you believed releasing them all at once as a package was ultimately going to be more profitable.  

Also a lot of characters were bashed on release for being low tier or having janky animations (Falke, Ed, Cody, Sakura.... people didn't LOVE Kolin or Zeku early on either). Dropping the characters as a package means people might be more receptive to weirdo/oddball characters they wouldn't try normally. Plus who would buy E. Honda as standalone DLC, honestly? Or somebody weird like Hakan or Rufus? Or Beardy and Gorilla from Ed's ending, maybe?

Plus let's be honest, fight money as a system is probably not the best idea financially. The diehards who play ranked everyday are gonna have a boatload of fight money and not have to pay for the DLC, while the casuals are expected to somehow pony up when they just want to play Ryu and Ken (there's a reason Ryu is always at the top of character usage rankings even though he's terrible). It's literally the opposite of what you're trying to achieve by selling DLC.

So while I think Capcom going back to a more traditional "expansion disc"  DLC format is probably good for the game, I think there's definitely going to be some people with a trillion fight money hoarded that are going to be PISSED Capcom didn't give them a heads up in January to stop grinding (I would be too). 

And those are my predictions for this year. Do ya'll have any thoughts?
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

I have an English reading disorder. All I can see is ...... Only one new waifu????
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 
[+] 2 users Like TiggieWhite's post

@"TiggieWhite"

Probably two new waifus, Makoto is also a fan favorite and Rose is a must, though I'd also like playable Decapree and since capcom is hellbent on putting FF characters - even the ones the died like the chair boss - in the game, Poison'd be awesome - besides, aside from Rose, all of them are unga characters that fit quite nicely with how SFV is. Not a prediction, just my own desires, aside from hit/hurtboxes that actually make sense and a better netcode.

If the new things are only purchasable with real money, I'd spend all my FM on that godamned fighting chance and most likely get only duped survival shit, old art/drawings and maybe some colors for characters I don't give a fvck nor do I even have the slot. T__T @"bbb" and @"robhal"'d laugh at my tough lucky, lol.

And the only Karin I wanna see at Top8 is Punk's, only Akumer is Tokido's, only Guile is Daigo's and only Ibuker is Xian's. I don't want to see any Abigailers, Bipsons or Rashits either, and if possible, only one G and Zeku is enough, though I'd rather see Momochi's Ken than any other char he plays. Regretfully, I know if Fuudo's in top8 he'd be playing Birdie so he can drop out early if he's not planning on using Mika.

Not predictions, just desires.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"TiggieWhite"
Too long, lol. Guess I overdid it.  Maybe I can summarize...?

[Image: Guess-the-Waifus2.jpg]

[Image: 24-super-street-fighter-5-evo-reveal-loo...ay-hav.jpg]

[Image: Guess-the-Waifus1.jpg]

[Image: Guess-the-Waifus3.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"
Oh, thanks a lot, now I know what's happening !!!
Wait, does it mean my reading ability is equal to that of a four-year-old child (graphics only)?!
anyway, I know the 2nd one is Rose, who's the first one? It's definitely not Makoto.

@"FvckBringeR"
still too long...but, wow, Makoto ~~ I can try a lot of Hitomi's costumes on her later.....

>---<
[+] 1 user Likes TiggieWhite's post

@"sleepy_scrub"
@"TiggieWhite"
@"FvckBringeR"
Honestly I only want to see two chars featured as DLC in SFV, they are Makoto and Fei Long.

EDIT: both two were also not in SFxT (one of my favorite SF games), but fortunately I were able to port the character models from SF4 with the help from @"BrutalAce" and @"Khaledantar666".

@"TiggieWhite"
My translation skills are probably even worse so I can only translate into graphics.   Tongue
The second character is C. Viper from SF4. Do you have any guesses for which characters Capcom will  announce at EVO?

[Image: cviper-mvc3.jpg]

@"FvckBringeR"
@"robhal"

I think Makoto would be REAL strong in SF5 since damage is so high.
Personally I've always liked the characters from Super Street Fighter 2, so I would be rooting for T. Hawk, Dee Jay and Fei Long. The Dee Jay from SF4 Omega Mode was pretty fun, but I know he probably won't make it in.  Oddly I kinda want E. Honda too.

@"sleepy_scrub"
actually my guess was E.Honda + Rolanto + Rose ( Different Fighting Types + Weapons + Waifus), now I don't know... I can't guess, I even can't read....

>---<

@"TiggieWhite"
I didn't mean to offend, I only wanted to make sure you were included in the conversation.
Forums have been pretty dead lately.... nobody to argue about SFV with anymore....

Also I haven't seen that Heihachi Akuma mod from your signature anywhere. Current project...?

@"sleepy_scrub"
Oh, no no you didn't offend me at all, you've always been a thoughtful nice guy.
I mean, don't even bothered, only capcom can save this forums. It's been quiet since the day I became a member. almost a year I guess. what did capcom do last year? 4 new characters (Falke, Kage, G, Sagat ??) and some insignificant costumes. They didn't give us much to talk about, really.
I see you've been a membership nearly 2 years. I think it would be quite different here 2 years ago right?

P.S. Heihachi is a WIP. never mind, I change my signature all the time, it's only something I do as a hobby here...

>---<