Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unreal Engine 4.7.6

Hi guys,

So I lost my Unreal Engine installation and I cannot download it again, there is something wrong with Epic Launcher as it cannot download 4.7.6 but it can download the latest version. Would someone be kind enough to upload their unreal engine installation somewhere? I know it's going to be a huge upload but if you can compress it and upload it then it will be great. I don't know if it will work but I will try to make it work.

Thanks again!
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

If you bro can tell me where the installation folder is, maybe I can try uploading it for you later (not sure how long though, depends on my internet speed and the size of the archive).

EDIT: I maybe found it in "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.7\" folder, but damn it's very huge (11.8 GB). Now bro I am really not sure I can upload it. Atm I try to compress it first, hope the size is small enough.

@"BrutalAce"

It is a pretty big installation and even after compressing it will go around 2 gb so it will take a while . btw i don't if you have installed versions other than 4.7.6 , but by default it adds the latest version for download in the library and then you have to select the version you want to download from the drop down arrow

[Image: file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb...oATVMa1lzY][Image: file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb...aotHm0GttU][Image: file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb...s69MQHavk0]

if this doesn't solve your issue then let me know i could upload it but will take a day or two
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

@"robhal"

You might have two versions of UE bro otherwise I don't think it should be that big but see if you can do something and thank you Smile

@"Ecchi Gamer"

No that didn't fixed my issue, I think there is something wrong with Epic servers, they give connection error when I try to download 4.7.6 but if I download 4.22 then it download just fine.

@"BrutalAce"
I don't think so bro because the last time (which was already quite awhile) I open the UE launcher (to compile some image files) it only list one engine in there. Anyway, I just finish compressing the folder (took me about 2 hours) and the 7z archive size is 3 GB (split into 4 parts), I will try to upload them later if you still want me to.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"BrutalAce"

It is actually around 11.8 gb since i have moved it to different systems and also at times re installed the windows And it does work for me when i move it to a new system and try to run it even without the epic launcher @"robhal" its actually going to be very big but it won't be much of a problem for me because i usually leave my computer running most of the time , i already started it to compress it before going to work it'll get uploaded by tomorrow most probably
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)
[+] 2 users Like Ecchi Gamer's post

@"robhal"

Okay bro, I will appreciate that. I guess UE 4.7.6 is too old now that they are ignoring it because I can download newer versions just fine. Actually I lost my laptop's bios and my hard drives are in raid 0 mode which means I cannot make them work on another computer so until then I have no way to access that data. Let me know when you will upload them and thank you again.

@"Ecchi Gamer" 

I see then I might be wrong because I see the download size to be 4.8 GB but I think it uncompress it, anyway I don't want both of you to work on the same thing so any one of you with faster connection, please do that whenever possible and let me know. I guess @"robhal" already compressed it so let him do the upload but I appreciate the help. I think I have to keep back up of this installation now, you guys do the same just to be safe.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"Ecchi Gamer"
I actually already finished compressing the folder (see my previous post above yours), but I haven't uploaded the archive yet. So if you have already started uploading it from now, it means @"BrutalAce" doesn't need to wait for mine (unless maybe there is something unexpected happens thus your upload is failed).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

yeah i missed your reply by few minutes , i haven't started uploading it . i am at work right now i'll return home in 6 hours , from the compression ratio that i was seeing it would be around 1.5-1.8 gb , could go up in the end. As for who should upload it depends on whose net is faster i get around 150-200kb upload but i intend to upload it on mega.nz anyways as ace mentioned that he is having troubles downloading this version and even if there wasn't much issue , the download from epic game launcher isn't much stable and i often have to download or move it
[+] 2 users Like Ecchi Gamer's post

If anyone wants it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/524t6wa1qohsm5....7.7z?dl=0
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 2 users Like addysun's post

@"Ecchi Gamer"
I had been uploading the files (also to MEGA) from this afternoon, already halfway done but then now I see that addysun have already provided the download link from his Dropbox. Anyway it's good to provide some backup like this just in case we can't download from Epic's server anymore (maybe they have deleted their own files by accident lol). Also I want to ask, we can run the UE app without the Epic launcher, right? So by that logic, I think it's enough to just delete the launcher installation folder (which should be located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher" folder) and then run the app directly from the exe (should be this one here, "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.7\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe"), correct? I actually have been waiting for this solution as I don't want to keep that shitty game launcher (which also double as their storefront), but I was not sure whether I can run the UE app anymore after I get rid of that Epic Launcher.

@"addysun"
Wow I suppose your internet speed must be faster than light bro Big Grin because I have already seen your link by the time mine is just halfway done. Anyway, thanks for the upload.

@"BrutalAce"
Anyway bro, like I said above that my upload is already halfway done when I see that addysun's download link, so it gonna be a waste if I stop there, thus I continue uploading till all are finished. Here is mine
https://mega.nz/#F!JIIRxShC!gIaWLDQQDNbSJZYAxjM1bg
[+] 3 users Like robhal's post

@"robhal"

I got gigabit internet and dropbox is faster than mediafire.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 2 users Like addysun's post

@"addysun"

Thank you! I was trying to bug you last night then I posted here, thank you again for the upload Smile

@"robhal"

Thank you for your help too bro! I say just keep doing that upload and have it there in case any of us need it later, I will also keep addysun's file as back up now because I tried to download it again from UE Launcher and it simply doesn't work despite the fact that it's still listed in their downloadable versions. I can also confirm that UE4 still works without that stupid launcher, actually I did this long ago I just renamed the launcher exe file to something else so it doesn't launch every time I run UE4, now I just removed that piece of crap from my system, don't know why can't they simply give us direct downloadable links so we don't have to deal with this launcher.

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Appreciate your help as well Smile

Now I can get back to modding Smile
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

Well i guess i am the last one to upload it https://mega.nz/#F!6JsAwIrI!aor2ArCikY6D9V89oCX7Gg

@"addysun"

Damn gigabit internet i guess thats how you stream your videos on twitch
[+] 3 users Like Ecchi Gamer's post

Hi Guys I'm new to this but I've unpacked the Pak files StreetFighterV\Data\Content as they're still in the .uasset format, & wanted to know how I can run this in Unreal as it states I need a lower Engine & the plugins Dracom & SerialCode won't let me carry on.
Can this be done? I just want to see how the game is working so I can learn more about FX in Unreal.
Thanks