Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is there any way to change Kolin's appearance in Story Mode?

I've tried C1, C2, C3 mods on Kolin but none of them change her appearance. I am guessing she uses a different slot for the Story Mode? Is there anyway to replace it?

That's because Kolin in general story mode is different than the playable Kolin who we use in other game modes. The code is different too as it's KLN (vs the playable version that uses Z20 as its code), but unfortunately there is no easy way to replace the model in general story mode with the playable one as the folder path is little different (it's "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01" for general story mode version vs "StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z20\SkelMesh\01" for playable version, as you can see that the general story mode version has longer path, so it's impossible to swap from the playable version directly to the general story mode version).

But there is a way (kind of complicated though) to swap them "indirectly" thru some files that control the animated scenes in general story mode, and I had done it already a long time ago. But there are some bugs/issues that I couldn't fix:
1. Kolin's costume color is different than what should be the one from Color 1.
2. When Kolin is speaking, there is no lipsync (the mouth doesn't animate).
3. It seems that all physics don't work (eg. the hair is static)
4. Some items that were held by Kolin (eg. books, chess pieces or cellphone) are floating.

If you want to try the mod despite the issues above, here is the download link
https://mega.nz/#!kJA3GC4Y!ZRqz-Q8TAvIO5...AvQM_5s_9s

OK thanks for answering. But yeah, definitely sounds complicated lol
[+] 1 user Likes yic17's post

(05-17-2019, 08:35 AM)robhal Wrote: That's because Kolin in general story mode is different than the playable Kolin who we use in other game modes. The code is different too as it's KLN (vs the playable version that uses Z20 as its code), but unfortunately there is no easy way to replace the model in general story mode with the playable one as the folder path is little different (it's "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01" for general story mode version vs "StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z20\SkelMesh\01" for playable version, as you can see that the general story mode version has longer path, so it's impossible to swap from the playable version directly to the general story mode version).

But there is a way (kind of complicated though) to swap them "indirectly" thru some files that control the animated scenes in general story mode, and I had done it already a long time ago. But there are some bugs/issues that I couldn't fix:
1. Kolin's costume color is different than what should be the one from Color 1.
2. When Kolin is speaking, there is no lipsync (the mouth doesn't animate).
3. It seems that all physics don't work (eg. the hair is static)
4. Some items that were held by Kolin (eg. books, chess pieces or cellphone) are floating.

If you want to try the mod despite the issues above, here is the download link
https://mega.nz/#!kJA3GC4Y!ZRqz-Q8TAvIO5...AvQM_5s_9s
@"robhal" 

So I get that a (Full) hex swap isn't possible since the file names aren't long enough. But shouldn't it be possible to just edit Kolin's story mode mesh in blender by replacing the mesh with say whatever you want, then mapping/assign the original story mode materials to selections on the new mesh? The texture's should be easy after that, either by hex editing or just by cooking textures already renamed to whatever names the original Story mode mesh used.

I'm not requesting you do this. I'm just asking is that possible? Or more so, is there something that would make that not work, or something I need to watch out for that is say different from if I did that with another playable mod? Like if I did that same thing but on Kolin's C1 costume, (used blender to swap) would that be any different than doing so on her story mode costume?

@"TripKing"
Theoretically, it should be possible to cook a new mesh file (with retaining the original "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure, that way we don't even need to mess around the story scene files like what I did above) to replace the Kolin/Helen model in general story mode, you can even leave the other files (Materia, texture) at usual place but the new mesh file (that we cook with the "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure) just need to have the correct Material references.

For example: you recook the playable Kolin model (that usually use the "StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z20\SkelMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure) to now use the "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure, but inside the mesh file you don't need to change the Material reference (just leave them like the original structure that use "StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z20\SkelMesh\01\Material"). I never done this before, that's why I said it's pure just my theory.

(05-06-2020, 03:41 AM)robhal Wrote: @"TripKing"
Theoretically, it should be possible to cook a new mesh file (with retaining the original "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure, that way we don't even need to mess around the story scene files like what I did above) to replace the Kolin/Helen model in general story mode, you can even leave the other files (Materia, texture) at usual place but the new mesh file (that we cook with the "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure) just need to have the correct Material references.

For example: you recook the playable Kolin model (that usually use the "StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z20\SkelMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure) to now use the "StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\KLN\SklMesh\01\Mesh" folder structure, but inside the mesh file you don't need to change the Material reference (just leave them like the original structure that use "StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z20\SkelMesh\01\Material"). I never done this before, that's why I said it's pure just my theory.
@"robhal"
Oh so we should be able to keep the materials(and textures I assume) from her C1. We just have to blender replace the mesh, recook her in the right folder structure, pack and profit?

@"TripKing"
By theory, yes Wink

It's true that several ppl seems to want her face edited.
I understand it as well