Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Laura mods suddenly broken

Any ideas here. I just checked my mods are all loading fine (bear in mind I repack all my mods into one huge .pak file in the ~mods folder) and I notice a number of my mods are notnloading properly. It starts at the swimsuit which now is showing a somewhat broken version of the sleeveless shirt she wears over her swimsuit. The holiday outfit seems to have reverted to an off colour version of the original (from @"BrutalAce"'s holiday and the Ad style from his APB costume has reverted to the actual ad style but with messed up textures.
Have Capcom altered her files? Anyone checked yet?

PS: I reverted to earlier versions of my giant .pak file that I know were showing all mods perfectly and it still happens, so it is nothing I have done here.

So another little test. I have removed my mod pack altogether and simply tried to run @"BrutalAce" s  most recent Laura Holiday mod in her C5 slot and it doesn't seem to load properly. If I knew how to post a picture here I would but it seems that something seems to have changed with some of Laura's costume slots, at least on my pc. Sporty and Gloria slots are running mods ok but swimsuit, holiday and ad style are not. Cannot be sure about C1 to C3 as i pretty much just run physics mods and krizmkazm's slightly altered textures and stuff on C3, but nothing more major.

Could someone else try the C5 holiday mod, or these slots with something else and see if it is just me, please?

I have problems with Laura's mods too.

I tried to eliminate some parts of her holiday costume and resize her body (then export it to UE4 and to SFV), but it didn't work~ I have the same problem with all the R. Mika mods (mine or not).

It only worked in one way: editing the material files (HxD).

Show ContentSpoiler:

Without the HxD, only appears her default holiday costume (In R.Mika's case, with the last update, the game crashes with any mod) ~ I don't have troubles with the other characters.
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

@"The Nibbler"

I don't know any update that released recently and broke the mods, have you tried loading few mods together loosely (without giant pak). Try loading 4 - 5 mods and see if they load. Also try verifying game's cache and see if it fix anything. Also you installed any new mod recently after which they stopped working or they just stopped working out of the sudden?

@"The Nibbler"
@"Leonaura"
@"BrutalAce"
For unknown reason (someone can check it better than me), there are updated mesh files for Laura's C3 + C4 (Swimsuit) + C5 (Holiday) + C9 (AdStyle) inside the new v4.030 title update pak file, so for you who use the "mods folder" to install some mods for Laura's C3+C4+C5+C9 slot, you must use the workaround described in this thread (either with dlc.manifest bypass or simply playing the game with all extracted files) or you can just use MM/PMM instead.

@"Leonaura" again
For the R.Mika crash issue, sounds like you maybe have bad/corrupted files, try what @"BrutalAce" suggested with verifying game cache in Steam.

Ahh ok thank you guys.

So if I am understanding it right @"robhal", the game loads the regular paks, then the mod folder paks and then, last of all, the update pak, so these changes are overwriting the Laura files in the mods folder and ceeating the horror show mixes of meshes and textures etc?
So am I right to presume every so often an update occurs where these changed and new files in the update pak get incorporated in the main pak files and then the problem goes away? In other words, if I wait it out will this problem resolve itself?

PS: I tried the dlc manifest workaround but, for some reason, on some updates my pc goes through reapplying the update every single time the game loads and as it is one of those phases at the moment I couldn't make it work.
At least I know I am not going mad and I knowbwhat has happened :-)

@"robhal"

Surprisingly the Laura mods I have tried recently, in fact I am working on one right now don't show me any issues but then those are based on C2 so that might be the reason. Thanks for the update, I wonder what they updated on all those Laura costumes?

@"The Nibbler"

Try doing the dlc.manifest way using some an advanced notepad like Notepad++

Not sure if it will help but I always use Notepad++ and never had an issue like game updating itself again. I think the regular notepad can leave some unseen characters behind which Notepad++ avoids.

@"The Nibbler"
Yes, that's the correct load order with current game if you leave it on default. And yes, you're correct as well about all the files in the title update pak will be eventually incorporated into the main pak files (thru Steam update), so if you wait, all your current issues will be solved automatically. But the real question is "do you want to wait or not?".

About the dlc.manifest workaround, just like @"BrutalAce" said, you gotta be doing some mistake with editing the file as one of the requirements is not to use the standard Notepad app that come with Windows, you have to use specialized text editor like Notepad++ or Notepad2 (in my case here).

@"BrutalAce"
If your main Laura mod bro is on C2, no issue at all with using any install method, but if you gonna make the swap to C4 for example, for now (the game v4.030) you may have to tell the users about this situation. Yeah bro, I wonder abut that as well.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Thanks @"robhal" @"BrutalAce"

I am not sure i did anything wrong on that file. I used notepad 2 as per instructions. The re-download issue is not something new. It was happening PRIOR top this and happens every few updates and carries on presumably until the next update. It doesn't affect my playing normally and only seems to happen on my normal pc (not my arcade cabinet) but what happens is that every time i start the game it loads up, tell me it needs to install the update, then quickly restarts itself with the update installed. If i exit the game and restart it, it will perform the process again

Oh, just on the subject of this "workaround". So is the idea that ther "null" manifest file effectively tells the engine there are no steam paks to install, meanwhile it has already installed the relevant files that you had copied across to the pak folder?
[+] 1 user Likes The Nibbler's post

@"The Nibbler"
If after you edit the dlc.manifest file and then the game keep downloading the update again, it means you don't correctly edit the file. Here is my own file if you like to test it
https://mega.nz/#!VUJgSIAS!QgZzkA2uZPh91...C4fgxporHM

About the subject again, yes basically like that.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

Thank you bro! Most of the time I make my Laura mods on C2 so that might be the reason why I didn't faced any issues but I need to check my conversions as well, some of my mods are converted to C3 and one of the recent mod was also Laura APB mod has a C4 conversion too.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

Thanks @"robhal" will download and try that one.

Like I say, I have never edited that file befire and this has been an ongoing phenomena but maybe the file was corrupt already?

I assume ut is one of those files, if the worst cones to the worst, you can delete it it will be recreated, or would you need to do a steam file check to get it back?
[+] 1 user Likes The Nibbler's post

@"BrutalAce"
You're welcome bro Smile Btw, you don't really need to check your Laura mods/swaps as there is nothing wrong about them, it's just when people want to use the "mods folder" method to install any Laura mods/swaps (including yours) on C3/C4/C5/C9 slot for current game v4.030, they probably will say that the mods/swaps not working etc etc. That's what we have to explain.

@"The Nibbler"
You're welcome.

Well, if the your dlc.manifest is already corrupted in the first place, that will explain about how your game keep downloading the title update over and over again.

Yes, the title update files (dlc.manifest and those VerXXXXX_Steam.pak files) can be deleted manually, then the next time you launch the game it will download the files again (make sure to wait until the download is finished 100% and the game is restarted first to confirm the files are downloaded properly).