Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SWAP BODY PARTS BETWEEN CHARACTERS

Hi, all! 

I've been trying to do this for several weeks. I've only done it right once, and I think it's because I don't understand the basic concepts.

But, step by step:

I want to fill the empties spaces that the characters have under their clothes:

Show ContentExamples:

In Sakura's case (her Battle Costume), she doesn't have hands neither legs or chest; in Ken's case (his Holiday Costume), he doesn't have forearms neither waist, etc.

Arrow How can I take a full body (for example, Sakura Exuberant Nude, by @"BrutalAce" or Ken Nude Mod [Physical Cock][C1+C2], by ogami4) or a parcial body (take Sakura's hand from her Story Costume or take Ken's arm from his Story Costume) to fill that empties spaces?

And, I add other question: How can I import objects in Blender and attach them to a material?  Happy Tease (I guess that is more difficult)~

The point is I knew how to do that:

Show ContentNecalli with Ryu's Hair:

.. but, honestly, I don't remember how it was, hehe Big Grin
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

It's gonna be hard to explain this in text. This should be done in a video tutorial or a full text tutorial. I'll see what I can do but right now my tutorial isn't complete.

(03-27-2019, 04:05 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: It's gonna be hard to explain this in text. This should be done in a video tutorial or a full text tutorial. I'll see what I can do but right now my tutorial isn't complete.

I'll wait for it impatiently Mesmerized

And I'll use this thread to ask other related question with this subject:

Some characters have weapons (Cody, Ibuki, Vega -Claw-, Falke, Birdie...) but some of them doesn't have their weapons attached to their meshes. Is there a way to swap other character to one of this characters and use their weapons (make them visibles)? Birdie and Vega, for example, have their weapons on their meshes (and I suppose the swap is more difficult in thoses characters), but that's not the case for Cody or Falke.

Is there any way to make their weapons visibles in those swaps?

@"Leonaura"

You mean you want to swap a non weapon character on a weapon character or you just want a weapon in non weapon character's hand?
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

(04-02-2019, 10:33 AM)Leonaura Wrote: Is there any way to make their weapons visibles in those swaps?

You're asking about Cody's Pipe and Falke's staff?

I've worked on these, you can't hex-swap them because in both cases the body meshes have a "Weapon" bone that controls the weapon (even though the weapons are separate meshes for these characters). 

If you're comfortable adding bones from one character's skeleton to another, you can copy/paste the weapon bone onto the new character's skeleton and it will work. BUT because all of the skeletons are not the same height/length the weapon will not move perfectly.

I believe the workaround was to use the skeleton of the original weapon character, delete all the head/face bones, then add head/face bones from the character you're swapping to.  

For example for B-Boy Ryu onto Cody, I re-scaled his mesh/skeleton to be as close to Cody's as possible. Then I parented him to Cody's skeleton, deleted Cody's face bones, and added Ryu's face bones to Cody's skeleton. (Same with Falke as Jianyu).

Pain to keep track of, but it did work.
[Image: 20190113052920-1.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

(04-03-2019, 01:43 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Leonaura" 

You mean you want to swap a non weapon character on a weapon character or you just want a weapon in non weapon character's hand?

The first one Blush Huh

(04-03-2019, 08:12 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:33 AM)Leonaura Wrote: Is there any way to make their weapons visibles in those swaps?

You're asking about Cody's Pipe and Falke's staff?

I've worked on these, you can't hex-swap them because in both cases the body meshes have a "Weapon" bone that controls the weapon (even though the weapons are separate meshes for these characters). 

If you're comfortable adding bones from one character's skeleton to another, you can copy/paste the weapon bone onto the new character's skeleton and it will work. BUT because all of the skeletons are not the same height/length the weapon will not move perfectly.

I believe the workaround was to use the skeleton of the original weapon character, delete all the head/face bones, then add head/face bones from the character you're swapping to.  

For example for B-Boy Ryu onto Cody, I re-scaled his mesh/skeleton to be as close to Cody's as possible. Then I parented him to Cody's skeleton, deleted Cody's face bones, and added Ryu's face bones to Cody's skeleton. (Same with Falke as Jianyu).

Pain to keep track of, but it did work.
[Image: 20190113052920-1.jpg]

It doesn't seem very difficult, but I still have a lot to learn to do that properly Sad Although I'm gonna give it a try! Probably, it goes wrong, but the only way to teach the movement is by walking!
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

(04-05-2019, 10:51 PM)Leonaura Wrote: It doesn't seem very difficult, but I still have a lot to learn to do that properly Sad Although I'm gonna give it a try! Probably, it goes wrong, but the only way to teach the movement is by walking!

@"Leonaura"

It's a pain, but once you understand the theory behind swapping reusing bones and physics and things like that it's not too bad.

What are you going for specifically?