Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help needed on physics

Hoping for some advice here,

So what i was hoping to do was to try and learn how to alter physics weights (as a spare time project and a learning experience, as much as anything) and what prompted the idea is that I like R Mika's battle costume now someone has modded it with the feathers removed (i hates those) and I have rejigged the colours (that was last weeks learning experience, haha). What i wanted to be able to do was give her more realistic breast physics, more in line with @"BrutalAce" Bombshell Mika mod than the vanilla physics which seems ridiculously rigid given the outfit and size of her boobs.
So I know if I port across BrutalAce's physics files (hex edited for costume slots) I'd get the boob movement but her "head wings" become rigid (I have tried it). So is there any way of combining these physics assets to get the best of both worlds? 

Trying to read some of the guides they seem to be saying that there is no way of reverse engineering the in game physics files, so does that mean I would literally have to re-do the physics of her "head wings" (which sounds a nightmare) and breasts from scratch?

Hoping the answer is "no" but fearing a "yes"!

@"The Nibbler" You would have to do it from scratch, mate. There is no other way, as her head wings require bones not found in Ace's mod.

It'll also be challenging if some of the parts used in the Battle Costume are rigged via APEX (another Physics technique) since you would have to redo that too.

Is there no way of doing it the other way round, somehow accessing CapCom's physicsasset files for the head wings and creating fresh breast physics?

@"The Nibbler"

Those files are compiled and even if they were not compiled, it would take hell load of hex editing to combine two different physics files along with header editing to accomplish the joining. Trust me you will find making new physics file much easier than joining, it's just intimidating in start to download Unreal Engine and set it up Smile

I think this would probably be a poor example for me to start on as the physics of those head wings is not immediately obvious.

That said @"BrutalAce" , I noted your guide for creating physics files and it said it was necessary to download a specific version of the Unreal Engine (something like 4.7.6 or 4.6.7 or something like that) but when I registered and tried to download it I was only given options for what are clearly two far more recent builds. Would they be okay?

@"The Nibbler"

Yes but it's always good to start from a small project first than something very ambitious. I actually learned editing physics by making a breasts physics mod.

As for Unreal Engine, no the latest versions won't work. You need 4.7.6, you can select an older version of Unreal Engine by using the launcher. This video should be able to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW63QOA_12c

Ahh, when i tried the "add versions" I hadn't noticed the drop down list!!
[+] 1 user Likes The Nibbler's post