Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Resizing characters~

Hi, all!

I've tried to re-size some characters to fit them better with the swaps mods. In some cases, it works perfectly...

Show ContentAbigail Resize:

Show ContentAlex Resize:

Show ContentM Bison and Ed Resize:

but, in other cases, something was wrong:

Show ContentAlex Resize:

The thing is I don't know what I did wrong in this cases (the same thing happened with Zangief C1 or Sagat C3), because I repeated the same steps~
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

I tried to use Blender and...

Show ContentSpoiler:

I do t really have an answer for you but I want you to know mini Abigail is adorable and I'm dying laughing from the messed up Alex.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv

(03-14-2019, 12:12 AM)addysun Wrote: I do t really have an answer for you but I want you to know mini Abigail is adorable and I'm dying laughing from the messed up Alex.

Use that mini-abigail to create a Latex Abigail  Joy Cry  And, well, look at what happened to Juri  Cry  :

Show ContentSpoiler:

I keep trying to remodify the sizes ... BUT I ONLY OBTAIN THOSE DEFORMED MONSTERS  Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

@"BrutalAce"  @"Ouji" @"sonicprogrammer"

Thoughts?
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 1 user Likes addysun's post

@"Leonaura" Heya. Make sure to increase the size via the Armature icon rather than the object icon. Also, make sure the b_C_Base bone is directly aligned with the character you're swapping to. So if you want to decrease the size of Abigail to Ken's size for example, make sure Abby's b_C_Base bone is aligned with Ken's. Hope that helps! Smile

[Image: image.png]

Yes was about to say the same thing, make sure you resize the armature and now the mesh, since the mesh us tied with armature it will resize automatically.

@"Ouji" explained it perfectly with picture.

I tried to follow that, but...

Show ContentSpoiler:

If I use 3DSMax, I have that horryfind monsters. 
But, If I tried to do that on Blender, I have that horryfind monsters... in a enourmous big size~

The thing that piss me off is that I did it well at some point (Abigail, Leo and M. Bison have been resized in the correct way.. Abigail and Leo, reduced; M. Bison, increased, all of that using 3DSMax)~ With every step I take, I create other horrible monster  Cry

UPDATE:

I THINK I UNDERSTOOD! @"Ouji" @"BrutalAce"

Show ContentSpoiler:

@"Leonaura"

So you managed to fix it?

(03-21-2019, 08:22 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Leonaura"

So you managed to fix it?

Partially~ Finally, following Ouji's instructions, I managed to resize the character without turning him into a horrible deformed monster, and I'm glad about it Big Grin The problem now is that the character is oversize. 

In Blender I can resize the character without much trouble, but when passing it to UE4 and then to SFV, the character becomes giant.

What scale do you choose when resizing your skeleton in Blender? The scale should be 0.0254 for all X, Y, and Z axis then your character will look fine in game.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

(03-22-2019, 09:00 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: What scale do you choose when resizing your skeleton in Blender? The scale should be 0.0254 for all X, Y, and Z axis then your character will look fine in game.

I used that scale, and...

Show ContentSpoiler:

Can you see the white point in the middle of the floor? That's Ibuki  Sad

I tried with other character (Sakura). Is the glowing thing next to Ken's leg:

Show ContentSpoiler:

@"Leonaura" Make sure you export the character using these settings:

[Image: FBX-Properties.png]

When you import your character into UE4, you can basically leave the scale at 1.0 rather than import it as 0.393708 if you use this FBX plug-in, which I highly recommend. If that messes things up then maybe scale it to 0.393708 when you import it into UE4. Try both. Do NOT scale anything to 0.393708 in Blender. I'm solely referring to UE4, btw.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

(03-22-2019, 02:02 PM)Ouji Wrote: @"Leonaura" Make sure you export the character using these settings:

[Image: FBX-Properties.png]

When you import your character into UE4, you can basically leave the scale at 1.0 rather than import it as 0.393708 if you use this FBX plug-in, which I highly recommend. If that messes things up then maybe scale it to 0.393708 when you import it into UE4. Try both. Do NOT scale anything to 0.393708 in Blender. I'm solely referring to UE4, btw.

I used exact the same settings except Selected Objects (when I check that option, the character becomes invisible). BUT I HAVE EXCITING RESULTS!

I tried both methods, 

Scale 1.0:

Show ContentSpoiler:

... and Scale 0.393708:

Show ContentSpoiler:

AND YOU CAN SEE THE RESULT! IT'S PERFECT NOW BY THAT METHOD! 

I have a little question here: If I change the scale (UE4 import) to a number between 0.393708 and 1.0 (for example, 0.6), Will the character be resized correctly?

By the way, thanks both of you, @"Ouji"  and @"BrutalAce"  for your patience and knowledges! Mesmerized
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

@"Leonaura" Happy I could help! About that, I'm not too sure. Experiment and tell me if you'd like Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post