Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pak Mod Manager (PMM)

@"bbb"
@"robhal"

That's what I also do but I rarely use many mods so I wasn't sure that it fix the issue in all situations.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"robhal"

I use all official paks

@"BrutalAce"

judging by my ~mods folder, I have 5 paks renamed with "a", so I had the issue 5 times and it solved it in those cases. I also added "a" in robhals eyefix to make sure it loads before other mods
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

It seems the ~mods method plus having the game fully extracted is the way to go for now.
By the way, are the old versions of PMM any different from manual installation since it does not make use of the manifest file anyway?

Used the same way @"bbb" , though instead of renaming with an 'a', I renamed most with sfv and those that need to load first left it out. It's been working pretty good so far with for than 50 mods, though I haven't test all possibilities 'till now.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"bbb"
Currently I also use the same way as you and anyone else too, and I will use your renaming trick if I get into the load order issue.

@"ClockUp"
You may want to try the simplest way first, as it's kind of painful to extract all game files seeing there are so many of them, not to mention we also need a lot of disk space too. Atm I extract them just for modding resources (especially the costume files and stage files which I need them a lot).

@"FvckBringeR"
Currently running the game with 25 mods in ~mods folder, so far so good.
[+] 3 users Like robhal's post

I dread to go through mine since I have 40 mods in the load currently.
[Image: cammy_by_slayer0fgod-d3hallq.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Noobert's post

Logged in to say that it's completely fine playing with more than 50 mods with the 'fast method', just make sure what's the proper load order then you can rename it as you see fit, @"bbb" put an "a", I used SFV- in front of all my mods, so the ones that need to go first I didn't rename it and it's all good. Just once my connection broke and sent me back to the main menu, but once I renamed overlap to SFV-Overlap, running fine and smooth, a shame that I myself can't quite enjoy the game even when high as I am now. Messing all kinds of combos and fvcking my own shimmies, lol. Anyway, report is done, thank you guys for noticing so soon and getting a way to work this fast, like I said so many times, if not for mods...
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"FvckBringeR"

So you sort of do the reverse. Since the mods are loaded in alphabetical order, putting "a" in front will load it before others, while putting "SFV" in front will load it after others, though there is an issue with doing the "SFV" way that you may need to load a mod that starts with either t,u,v,w,x,y or z first, but would load after the "SFV" mods
[+] 3 users Like BBB's post

If nothing else, here's the Steam thread where things are being discussed. Post #11 seems to have another method that they claim works.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/di...654372539/

@"Noobert"
That post #11 is about using the other mod manager tool (MM by FluffyQuack), and it always works fine to install mods since the beginning of SFV modding era because it doesn't depend on dlc.manifest to install mods, but most people kind of disfavor that tool because the process is involving of modifying the game pak files a bit.

(04-06-2018, 02:38 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Noobert"
That post #11 is about using the other mod manager tool (MM by FluffyQuack), and it always works fine to install mods since the beginning of SFV modding era because it doesn't depend on dlc.manifest to install mods, but most people kind of disfavor that tool because the process is involving of modifying the game pak files a bit.

Good to know. 

Looks like I'm on the sidelines unless PMM gets fixed. So many people talking about so many different things that I have zero clue what to do and in what order to actually do it in.
[+] 1 user Likes Noobert's post

@"Noobert"

Well the easiest way is to use manual installation right now, load order isn't a big problem and can be easily solved by renaming techniques @"bbb" and @"FvckBringeR" mentioned so right now I personally suggest that until PMM gets fixed.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

(04-06-2018, 05:05 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Noobert"

Well the easiest way is to use manual installation right now, load order isn't a big problem and can be easily solved by renaming techniques @"bbb" and @"FvckBringeR" mentioned so right now I personally suggest that until PMM gets fixed.

OK...so how does one go about doing that exactly? That's hands down the worst thing about being one of the new guys in town...the veterans tend to say things like everyone knows exactly what they are talking about. Kinda like when people talk in acronyms in game forums with zero mention of what they mean. 

Do I use the pak files for manual installation? Do I have to hunt down all the mods again and use a format other than pak files? Where do I put said files? Do I need to alter the game directory (create new folders, etc.)? Do I have to uninstall things through PMM first? 

Also assuming that I can put in multiple mods that alter the same thing and have to pick and choose each time I load the game?

I know a lot of you folks have been on SFV for a good stretch, but I just got here a little while ago.

Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Noobert's post

@"Noobert"

@"Khaledantar666" made a small guide on how to do that, this might help you Smile

https://khaledantar666.deviantart.com/ar...-738753362

It's not that hard, you just have to do some manual copy/pasting and you won't get the nice interface of PMM.
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"Noobert"
@"BrutalAce" have answered you in most simplest way imo, and here are some additional answers from me.

1. Do I use the pak files for manual installation?
Yes, just like copying the pak files to the right folder (which is disclosed below).

2. Do I have to hunt down all the mods again and use a format other than pak files? Where do I put said files?
You can just copy the pak files from your MM installation folder (C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\pmm) to "\Steam\SteamApps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\~mods" (you need to create the ~mods folder first).

3. Do I need to alter the game directory (create new folders, etc.)?
Yes, just create the ~mods folder in location as explained above.

4. Do I have to uninstall things through PMM first?
No need to, as currently the game doesn't read the dlc.manifest (located in C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download) anymore and this file is used by PMM to control which mods you want to use or not in your game, thus you can leave PMM alone for now.

5. Also assuming that I can put in multiple mods that alter the same thing and have to pick and choose each time I load the game?
If some mods alters the same thing, you can rename the one you want to be active by maybe inserting "a" letter in front of the filename so it loads first. The loading mechanism in ~mods folder is like this: the top file loads first, then the second file, then the third, and so on till the last file. That means you can alter the loading order by just renaming the file.
[+] 3 users Like robhal's post