Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pak Mod Manager (PMM)

@"robhal"
For some reason the dlc.manifest file would reset itself, so I set it to read only and it works again. PMM gives me a mysterious [object Object] pop-up but mods show up just fine.
edit: Okay, the mods work now but you can't change them after setting the file to read only. XD

@"allthewaythrough"

Try editing the file in Notepad++ instead of regular notepad, I am not really sure if this will change anything but I never faced that resetting problem, maybe once long ago but not with recent patches.

@"allthewaythrough"
I concur with what @"BrutalAce" suggest, some text files are using special format that the regular Notepad (from Windows) can't save them correctly, so you will want to use the special one like Notepad++ or Notepad2 (which I use this) for this matter.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

So bro have you tried using mods online with PMM and edited manifest file ? I just talked with FrostHaven on Twitter and he said that manifest revert back to original when you go online. I have yet to test this myself but in case you did already then I can inform him.

Manual ~mod folder method is still working fine.

@"BrutalAce"
Unfortunately I haven't finished downloading the update yet bro, so I still can't confirm on the "PMM have been broken by the update" matter, but I will be sure to try it asap.

PSA:
It seems that SFVAE patch v3.020 really have broken PMM as it can't be used anymore (source is here), so atm we only have two other options:
1. the ~mods folder, works fine for now but eventually you will run into load order problems later with dlc (source is here).
2. using Mod Manager (by FluffyQuack), this is currently the best way to install mods as you won't "run into load order problems later with dlc" (the above issue), but people perhaps can be confused on how to install mods with this app, so here is the tutorial video explaining everything (provided by @"KrizmKazm" a long time ago)

(04-04-2018, 04:38 AM)robhal Wrote: Attention: according to some reports (I can't confirm yet, as I am still downloading the update), the latest v3.020 update broke all mods installed with PMM. Frosthaven (the author of PMM) is already aware of the issue and working to fix it, so while waiting here is the workaround

Quote:1. Open dlc.manifest and change major version to "3" and minor version to "100"
2. restart pmm
3. restart sfv

Source is here

I was talking to Frosthaven last night and although this work around does re-enable mods, it also prevents you from playing online. The game now does a version check.

You can modify the file after starting the game but you still will not be able to join battle lounges, and the game may (emphasis on "may") actually only match you with players of the same "version", meaning those who have modified the manifest file.

Capcom appears to be making an effort to prevent online play by modded games, probably to prevent use of unreleased characters and the like, but it's causing a big problem for cosmetic mods.

@"BrutalAce"
I can't make the modded dlc.manifest (manually or by using PMM) to work with mods. Here is the interesting thing (this info is for @"WendigoRunner"), when I delete the dlc.manifest and run the game, it doesn't download the default dlc.manifest file and straightly logging into the game. It means the current SFVAE game is just like when SFV game was still before patch 1.05 (this point is where Capcom introduced the dlc.manifest).

So if the game doesn't check the dlc.manifest, it means that PMM is out for good no matter how hard Frosthaven want to try fixing PMM. Luckily we still have other two methods to install mods, right?

@"robhal"

Yesterday when I talked with FrostHaven, he said that Capcom dropped the DLC streaming method of manifest file, that's what he used to fix load order problems and his technique was to make mods work like DLC which is now gone. I don't know how this can be fixed but we still have two old ways of using mods, as for PMM I think he should revert back to old version of PMM that wasn't using the manifest file, some problems will occur for sure but at least people will get a convenient way of installing mods.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
Oh right, I forgot about the old version of PMM. You should tell him this idea bro.

I've found that manually moving the pak files into the ~mods folder still works without any apparent side effects. This is far from convenient, but it's effective.

(04-04-2018, 05:24 PM)robhal Wrote: @"BrutalAce"
I can't make the modded dlc.manifest (manually or by using PMM) to work with mods. Here is the interesting thing (this info is for @"WendigoRunner"), when I delete the dlc.manifest and run the game, it doesn't download the default dlc.manifest file and straightly logging into the game. It means the current SFVAE game is just like when SFV game was still before patch 1.05 (this point is where Capcom introduced the dlc.manifest).

That's a pretty wild change. I strongly suspect that this is to prevent the use of characters that are not yet publicly available. They tried to prevent this in the past with their unintentional rootkit. What they're doing now is much more reasonable.

I'll just be glad that they haven't completely nuked modding the game.

By the way, what are those "eventual load order problems with dlc" Frosthaven mentioned in his Twitter anyway?
I currently have around a dozen mods installed with the old folder method and still hadn't noticed any issue.

@"ClockUp"

When file "A" should be loaded before "B" but "B" gets loaded first, that's load order problem. Maybe the mods you're using don't have such conflicts but eventually some mods cause that, I know guys who are using over three dozen of mods so they are more affected by this, if you're like me and use 10 - 12 mods at most then you're good but when you install a lot of stuff then this will happen.

@"robhal"

I will try to remind him bro.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"WendigoRunner"
Yes, that's the simplest way to use mods indeed. The side effect is the "load order problem" which you or anyone will have it eventually later.

@"ClockUp"
About the load order problem, that's what @"BrutalAce" said but there is also the weird thing where we install some mods that 100% don't conflict each others but suddenly one or more mods stop working. It can be solved by using the mod manager tool (now is only MM) or we play the game with fully extracted files together with putting our mods into Paks\~mods folder.

I've always been using the ~mods method. I sometimes encounter the load order issue, but that's easily fixed by renaming the pak file that stopped working with an "a" in front of the name.
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

@"bbb"
That's new info for me bro Smile Btw, do you play the game with all official pak files still intact or fully extracted files (no official pak files, except mods)?