Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pak Mod Manager (PMM)

@hybridmink

BD must be detecting that cube program and PMM as virus or something, it's deleting them. No idea what that cube program does since I never use PMM. Where did you get this cube icon file from ?

(01-24-2018, 06:46 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @hybridmink

BD must be detecting that cube program and PMM as virus or something, it's deleting them. No idea what that cube program does since I never use PMM. Where did you get this cube icon file from ?

This is what I mean by "cube": 

[Image: cube_by_hybridmink-dc11cd0.png]

@hybridmink

No clue about that icon. I was thinking that it's some separate exe file that triggered BD buy this is some function of PMM, maybe someone more experienced with PMM can help you.

Anyone having a problem with the mod manager (v2.2.11) not working/loading? I just downloaded the program but when I start it all it does is show the loading circle with "Synchronizing packages" and just stays on that.

@hybridmink
PMM is not just for installing the mod with ready-made pak file straightly from the mod author, the tool can also be used for making your own pak mod and extracting the installed pak mod (to get its raw mod files). Now for it can make and extract pak file, PMM needs one component called "u4pak.exe". Now most issues around PMM (including yours) is caused by that "u4pak.exe" file is detected as malware by some antivirus and security software. I have been using PMM (also also u4pak for manually making pak file without PMM) for quite a now and no major issue so far (my antivirus is Avast if you ask).

To answer your question on "what is that little cube icon used for", it's for extracting your installed pak mod (which in turn it uses "u4pak.exe").

@Black_Storme
Sometimes I get that issue too, all I do to fix it is just close PMM and restart it again.

Hey uh everytime I use PMM it tries to download the last update of the game, then updates, and then none of the mods work

Anyone have an idea about what that is about?

@Village
You are doing the wrong order, here is the correct steps:
1. Run SFV and let it download the update first, when it is done, close the game
2. Run PMM and let it auto-synchronize (or if manual, just press the sync button on upper right corner) all your mods in the list
3. Run SFV to check out all your installed mods. DONE.

(02-14-2018, 02:20 PM)robhal Wrote: @Village
You are doing the wrong order, here is the correct steps:
1. Run SFV and let it download the update first, when it is done, close the game
2. Run PMM and let it auto-synchronize (or if manual, just press the sync button on upper right corner) all your mods in the list
3. Run SFV to check out all your installed mods. DONE.

doesnt work
when i run pmm it just reinstalls the update, even after i launch it without the mods and it was update

@Village
Then I don't know any further to help you. I always do those steps for my SFV here and they always work.

Wait can someone help me please I have been trying to download PMM the new one and it keeps crashing saying the update has failed while it shows me a Setup log.
I cannot install it and I have no idea what to do.

It keeps saying Update has stopped working.