Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pak Mod Manager (PMM)

NOTE: original post by Frosthaven.
EXTRA: to change where PMM saves mod, click here for more info.

On the suggestion of Brutal, I've cross posted this here from reddit (original thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMo...vsteampc/). Full description and changelog can be found at the provided link.

IMPORTANT! Before you install the beta, you will need to change a few things if you've used earlier versions or other methods to enable pak mods. Also remember, beta is beta. It worked on all the rigs I've set it up with, but I'm relying on you guys to yell at me if something fails!
  • Take the ~mods folder OUT of your StreetFighterV directory (we don't want any pak files loading from there anymore)
  • If you have a _Steam.pak file in your StreetFighterV's Contents/Paks folder, take it out.
  • You need a clean, unmodified download folder. Go to %localappdata%\StreetFighterV\Saved\download and delete everything but the steam pak files. Run the game and let it generate a clean dlc.manifest
  • If you are using a pmm version < 2.0 you will need to uninstall it
OK, now that you have done all that, here you go:
Preview:

[Image: cd454ae293.gif]

Download: http://cdn.fortiscoregaming.com/frosthav...02.2.9.exe (official link) --> it's better to download the latest version below
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aha493gp5p...+2.2.9.rar (re-upload)

Latest version (v2.2.11): https://mega.nz/#!wZJGCQqZ!oajiyPmmWXrPp...OCtGZ1TMcw (re-upload)
[+] 7 users Like robhal's post

I'm almost full with my main ssd © and i have a hard drive (D) which has many gb left and i was wondering is it possible to switch the pmm folder to my hard drive? I even have the game installed on my hard disk.

Hello, is it possible to change where PMM saves mods. I recently got a new pc with an SSD and want to save as much space on it as I can. I know right now it saves it into C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\pmm, is there anyway to change this?

Thanks

@"Mezzatsu"
@"Whispered Word"

I think there is a configuration file where PMM store the mods path or maybe it's the manifest.dlc file I am not very sure since I use the old manual method of installing mods, maybe @"robhal" can help you guys with this.

@"Mezzatsu"
@"Whispered Word"
Unfortunately when I am looking at the folder where PMM is installed, there is no file that looked like config file or similar. Sorry, can't help you guys further.

@"BrutalAce"
@"robhal"
Thanks for trying to help out, after BA mentioning the other mod manager I checked it out, it's not as simple but it does what I need so I'll try it out.
thanks guys
[+] 2 users Like Whispered Word's post

(12-19-2017, 11:00 AM)Whispered Word Wrote: Hello, is it possible to change where PMM saves mods. I recently got a new pc with an SSD and want to save as much space on it as I can. I know right now it saves it into C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\pmm, is there anyway to change this?

Thanks

(12-20-2017, 06:43 AM)Whispered Word Wrote: @"BrutalAce"
@"robhal"
Thanks for trying to help out, after BA mentioning the other mod manager I checked it out, it's not as simple but it does what I need so I'll try it out.
thanks guys

if you still want to try, google "DirLinker" ... on "link location" choose default pmm folder and "link to" the folder you want to use.
[Image: i74Wazd.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes fokin_juamposo's post

My antivirus says PMM is Malware,

@"Throwaway3141"
It's not PMM itself is malware, but its core component (u4pak) is sometime detected as malware by some antivirus programs. If you download PMM from the official link above, it's clean (as I had used it since a year ago and no problem at all). My suggestion for your issue is to add the whole PMM folder (C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\sfv) into your antivirus' exclusion list or "whitelist". Or you can try other methods to install mod as described in this thread.

hmm i don't know how but i try to import mod folders and it doesn't work? i select the parent folder and nothing happens?

@"mfg"
The one you select is the "mod folder" (usually the name of mod there). To make sure it's "mod folder" or not, open it to see if there is StreetFighterV folder or not, if yes it's a "mod folder".

Came here to say its not working anymore (importing). I have imported tons of non pak mods and now everytime i drag the folder inside the PMM window, nothing happens

@"tigers"
Still works fine here, infact I just tried it a moment ago. You probably drag the wrong folder or the mod folder is not "MM compliant".

FYI, "MM (Mod Manager) compliant" means if a folder wants to be classified as mod folder, it must have StreetFighterV folder inside it.

no no, i know what i am doing, but either way, the problem's fixed, i uninstalled and reinstalled PMM and now for some reason i can import again....wierd
[+] 1 user Likes tigers's post

So I'm experiencing a weird problem. I decided to click on the little cube icon on one of my mods (it was the Zeku color portrait mod) and it closed PMM. I wasn't sure what had happened and then I found that I could no longer open PMM. Then I noticed that pak files on my desktop started disappearing, even ones that I hadn't installed yet! After a few minutes, every trace of PMM had been removed from my computer. Not in the recycling bin, but actually just gone.

So after extensive searching on my hard drives, I decided to just download the program again and find all my mods...again. After installing the exe, it said it was being installed, but then closed itself. The setup exe and the application then disappeared from my desktop. I restarted and tried again. Same problem.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on here? Am I doomed to never mod Street Fighter again? Please help Sad

PS. What does that cube icon even do? Is it a "delete everything forever" button? Sounds like a weird decision.

*EDIT* Ok, of course I would find the problem right away. I think I'll leave it up in case anyone else has BitDefender. For whatever reason, that cube icon was the trigger that made BD decide to purge all PMM files from my computer. Turns out I still have my mods though so that's a plus. Smile