Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extracting Characters~

Hi, all!

Fast question (I'm on fire!) : Is there a way to extract only the default costume in that characters that have a secret costume? (Demitri with his evil form, Dante with Gigalmesh, Zeku with his young appearance...). When I export some costumes (ED-C6, KEN-C6, for example) I only see the secret costume.
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

@"Leonaura" Heya. Usually, the characters are complete when you export them. Basically, they include both variations (that's in terms of costume).

[Image: image.png]

Usually, the 'secret' costume is assigned a single (or multiple) materials, so when you input the Easter Egg code, a few materials disappears and others take their place. Does that make sense? Smile
So what I'm saying, you can easily delete one part of the costume via Blender (as they're assigned separate materials) if you solely want either the secret costume or the original one.

I think the same applies to Zeku too.

Sadly, I don't think there is any other way.
[+] 1 user Likes Ouji's post

(02-27-2019, 01:45 PM)Ouji Wrote: @"Leonaura" Heya. Usually, the characters are complete when you export them. Basically, they include both variations (that's in terms of costume).

[Image: image.png]

Usually, the 'secret' costume is assigned a single (or multiple) materials, so when you input the Easter Egg code, a few materials disappears and others take their place. Does that make sense? Smile
So what I'm saying, you can easily delete one part of the costume via Blender (as they're assigned separate materials) if you solely want either the secret costume or the original one.

I think the same applies to Zeku too.

Sadly, I don't think there is any other way.

Oh! I didn't know anything about that  Dodgy I have to learn how to use Blender (I was using 3DSMax) Cry

Well, time to get back to work! If I have to learn to use Blender, I still have a lot to do~

Big Grin  Thanks a lot, @"Ouji"!
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

@"Leonaura" Happy to help~ I thought 3DS works similarly though, lol.

I'm gonna use this thread to ask other thing about the default costumes and the easter egg costumes.

I wanted to create a mod using Leo's costume, deleting the lion parts and the weapons. In 3DSMax and UE4 everything seems to be fine. I can see the model perfectly: 

Show ContentSpoiler:

When I export the mod from UE4 and move it to the SFV folder, the head disappears completely.

It's because that costume make the Alex's head disappears when you select the default costume, and, when you input the easter egg code, the game hides the lion mask and reveals Alex's head? Is there a way to solve this and use only the mod costume?

And I have this problem with some costumes, but no with others ~ I don't understand why Sad

@"Leonaura" Yup, you can fix the issue if you duplicate his normal head, assign it to both the Leo head material and the Alex head material, duplicate the Alex face texture files for both (if the material files call for separate textures) and rename them according to what the material files call for.

So basically,

Step 1- Duplicate whatever you need to appear with/without the Easter Egg codes.
Step 2- Assign whatever you need to the materials Leo head uses.
[IF the Leo's head material uses a different set of textures, you should do this. If not, just ignore it]- Step 3- Either you duplicate the texture files, rename them to match what's written inside the material files (which you can view via a Hex Editor) OR change the texture references inside the Leo head material file to match the one Alex head material uses.

Hope that helps Smile

(03-04-2019, 10:47 PM)Ouji Wrote: @"Leonaura" Yup, you can fix the issue if you duplicate his normal head, assign it to both the Leo head material and the Alex head material, duplicate the Alex face texture files for both (if the material files call for separate textures) and rename them according to what the material files call for.

So basically,

Step 1- Duplicate whatever you need to appear with/without the Easter Egg codes.
[IF the Leo's head material uses a different set of textures, you should do this. If not, just ignore it]- Step 3- Either you duplicate the texture files, rename them to match what's written inside the material files (which you can view via a Hex Editor) OR change the texture references inside the Leo head material file to match the one Alex head material uses.

Hope that helps Smile

FINALLY, I DID IT! Mesmerized

Show ContentSpoiler:

I still have to edit the HxD file for the texture, but this was the hardest part for me!
[+] 1 user Likes Leonaura's post

(03-04-2019, 10:47 PM)Ouji Wrote: @"Leonaura" Yup, you can fix the issue if you duplicate his normal head, assign it to both the Leo head material and the Alex head material, duplicate the Alex face texture files for both (if the material files call for separate textures) and rename them according to what the material files call for. 

So basically,

Hope that helps Smile

@"Ouji"
I applied that method to do the same with Zeku's face (his new costume):

Show ContentSpoiler:

THANKS AGAIN! Mesmerized
[+] 3 users Like Leonaura's post