Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tutorials: Moveset Swap

Here's What you need for Moveset Swapping:

1. QuickBMS (Recommend latest version); Find unreal tournament bms script (a notepad file; recommend to use notepad++) to extract the files within SOULCALIBUR VI\SoulcaliburVI\Content\Paks folder;
    Extraction
    Code:
    QyNTD(BsaNlg_)q2uO96blfz%tNCy#.gKo*y7JpYe6U(TL,M#~88Pkqs/l0~x,gc
  2. U4Pak (by Panzi, Configured by Koenji)
  3. Understanding Character ID File Codes (originally listed by Koenji; most specifically on the last two numbers (eg.: 0d (Xianghua), 02 (Seong Mi-Na) & 16 (Talim))
  4. Find: Content/Battle folder of SCVI. All you need are the files within the folders: 
    • cam
    • cpu
    • hdr
    • hit
    • mot (those who don't have chrd, may gain new one, like from Voldo's)
    • nmd (r_all & weapons)
  5. Create the Moveset Swap folder for packing consist the mentioned folders in #4 (as long as the folders must be remained in Content/Battle folder), then start copy paste rename character ID File Codes
  6. Create SoulcaliburVI folder on u4pak folder & copy paste Content folder from Moveset Swap Folder to the former
  7. Drop the Moveset Swap Folder to DROP_MOD_HERE bat file, & accept it.
  8. Finally, the pak file has been created within the pak folder & ready to go to be copy paste to SOULCALIBUR VI\SoulcaliburVI\Content\Paks\~mods folder.
    NOTE: When the packing is complete, you'll notice the SoulcaliburVI folder will dissapear & replaced with Content folder within u4pak folder

Remember, if you want to swap moves to all characters rather than swicharoo each other or to one another, only one character id needed

The problem is, the posing animations when taking picture pose. I wish someone found a way to fix this issue I encountered. Battle sequences has no issues, as long you don’t use this method online or in official tournament. Most of all don't go to moveset swapped characters' move list.

NOTE: For those who wants Weapon swap, the models are separate from Battle Folder. The folder name is simple. When it comes to 2B, you'll have to hide one of her unused bucket robots first: https://sta.sh/01zjrewhhzsb

So in order to give Mitsurugi the weapon Taki uses, which of the files need to be renamed exactly?

It’s on the Weapon Folder, separate from Battle Folder

Photo 
Are you saying we can change the moveset, without changing the actual weapon? Sounds great! But I will just try to change the moveset.

The problem is step 5... I created a moveset swap folder. It is called Taki_Moveset_for_Mitsurugi. This is how it is set up: https://i.imgur.com/DqTsowL.jpg

However  there are a bunch of files in each folder. I renamed "r_all_001.nmd" to "r_all_003.nmd" in the nmd and made pak but this didn't change anything. I'm not sure what to rename, if that's what I even supposed to do.

Ignore the other folders inside Contents/Battle/nmd folder. Only r_all & weapon nmd files. I think you forgot to create Content Folder in that moveset swap folder.

Hi all,

I attempted to play with inferno's moveset with my custom char by swapping it with nightmare's moveset (since we cant select inferno's)

I followed the tutorial sifting through the provided 6 folders looking for any 013 (inferno id) and renaming them to 011 (nightmare id) 

I was surprised by how little 013 files there are, I only found three in cpu, mot and nmd folders.

The mod works as nightmare loading pose is inferno's, however, the moveset is still nightmare's

Any suggestions would help as it would actually be very enjoyable to stomp the universe as a custom inferno!

Photo 
(01-21-2019, 01:47 PM)LarsKusanagi Wrote: Ignore the other folders inside Contents/Battle/nmd folder. Only r_all & weapon nmd files. I think you forgot to create Content Folder in that moveset swap folder.

Can you please provide images of your moveset swap example? Yes, within pak I have path set to “SoulcaliburVI\Content\Battle” with all 6 folders included. I did not rename weapon001.nmd to weapon003.nmd so I just did this... Unfortunately it still did not work. Mitsurugi still uses his moveset, not taki moveset...nothing changing.

Edit: I renamed all files 001 to 003 and 003 to 001 from each folder and success! Thank you for tutorial.
[+] 1 user Likes dunkingdoughnuts's post

Your welcome. Oh forgot to mention that sharing movesets is safe, example: all female characters share a same moveset as Voldo's in one pack

I do not see a way to have the moveset of inferno x.x

(01-13-2019, 02:36 PM)LarsKusanagi Wrote: Here's What you need for Moveset Swapping:

1. QuickBMS (Recommend latest version); Find unreal tournament bms script (a notepad file; recommend to use notepad++) to extract the files within SOULCALIBUR VI\SoulcaliburVI\Content\Paks folder;
    Extraction
    QyNTD(BsaNlg_)q2uO96blfz%tNCy#.gKo*y7JpYe6U(TL,M#~88Pkqs/l0~x,gc
  2. U4Pak (by Panzi, Configured by Koenji)
  3. Understanding Character ID File Codes (listed by Koenji; most specifically on the last two numbers (eg.: 0d (Xianghua), 02 (Seong Mi-Na) & 16 (Talim)) (currently missing 2B ID)
  4. Find: Content/Battle folder of SCVI. All you need are the files within the folders: 
    • cam
    • cpu
    • hdr
    • hit
    • mot (those who don't have chrd, may gain new one, like from Voldo's)
    • nmd (r_all & weapons)
  5. Create the Moveset Swap folder for packing consist the mentioned folders in #4 (as long as the folders must be remained in Content/Battle folder), then start copy paste rename character ID File Codes
  6. Create SoulcaliburVI folder on u4pak folder & copy paste Content folder from Moveset Swap Folder to the former
  7. Drop the Moveset Swap Folder to DROP_MOD_HERE bat file, & accept it.
  8. Finally, the pak file has been created within the pak folder & ready to go to be copy paste to SOULCALIBUR VI\SoulcaliburVI\Content\Paks\~mods folder.
    NOTE: When the packing is complete, you'll notice the SoulcaliburVI folder will dissapear & replaced with Content folder within u4pak folder

Remember, if you want to swap moves to all characters rather than swicharoo each other or to one another, only one character id needed

The problem is, the posing animations when taking picture pose. I wish someone found a way to fix this issue I encountered. Battle sequences has no issues, as long you don’t use this method online or in official tournament. Most of all don't go to moveset swapped characters' move list.

NOTE: For those who wants Weapon swap, the models are separate from Battle Folder. The folder name is simple.

im very interested in making this work but i dont really understand the directions  Sad

(07-31-2019, 04:08 AM)joshiieeboy Wrote: im very interested in making this work but i dont really understand the directions  Sad

You have to follow the steps first carefully

For hiding weapons, go to here: https://www.deviantart.com/immersion456

Hi. So I swapped Mitsurugi with Seong-Mina and the movesets worked fine but the weapons are invisible? Could you try to explain how to swap weapons in more detail?

Also, does Lizardman's moveset work? If yes, is there stuff that will crash, freeze or glitch out when using his moveset; or does everything work?

I know I'm arriving way late to the party on this, and I really don't mean to be rude. But speaking as someone who has had little to know experience in modding up to this point, I hate to say it, but your tutorial isn't really super helpful. It's almost as though it written is such a way as to assume that the reader already understands a fair portion of the process, and the tutorial is just here to fill in the gaps. That said, I've followed you instructions as best I could, and here are some of the problems I've encountered along the way;

-1. Quickbms isn't super intuitive for a non-modder, or at least it wasn't for me. I had to pull up a few Youtube videos and scour these forums for other posts on similar topics just so I could figure out how to unpack the SC6 Content files to begin with.

-2. The wording in a little confusing, especially in the the transion between steps 5 and 6. After you have copied and pasted the Content folder from your Move Swap folder into the SoulcaliburVI folder that you create in the U4pak folder, do you drop that entire SoulcaliburVI folder that you just created into the 'DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE' in U4pak, or is it the Move Swap folder you were instructed to take the Content folder from that you drag and drop? The way you've worded it, it's not super clear. And if it is just your Move Swap folder rather than the entire SoulcaliburVI folder that you've essentially just created, then I must admit that I don't really understand the fuction of creating the SoulcaliburVI folder in the first place.

-3. I tried to test this mod by giving Xianghua Cassandra's moveset, but as I was going through copying and renaming files, I ran into two instances towards the end of the process where Xianghua has files in two of the folders. but Cassandra does not have those files to copy and rename. Specifically, in the nmd folder, Xianghua has a r_all file, but Cassandra does not (or at least doesn't seem to). The was in the Weapons folder. MOST characters seem to have two files pertaining to them in the weapons folder, but again, Cassandra was missing one where as Xianghua had both.

-4. Finally made my was all the way up to Step 6 (not even sure if the process would work because of the file confusion mentioned above), and I ran into a problem with U4pak. As I said previously in my second point, it's not clear which folder is the actual folder that you drop on the 'DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE'. I tried both the SoulcaliburVI folder that I created in the U4pak folder, and I also tried the original Move Swap folder. Both failed. Specifically, U4pak gave me a message reading,

"Invalid number of parameters"

Don't know what that means, don't know enough about this process to know what I'm doing wrong.

Again, my intent is not to be a jerk about this. The fact that you've written a tutorial at all is extremely helpful, even if I don't fully understand it. Without it, I'd never be able to accomplish this sort of thing on my own, and I thank you for that. To echo, joshiieeboy, I'm very interested in making this work. I've just reached a dead end, and I can't seem to make it work with the information as it is presented here. Any additional information/help that you (or anyone else) can provided on the subject would be more than welcome. Perhaps a video or something would be nice.

(03-03-2020, 05:09 PM)LarsKusanagi Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 04:08 AM)joshiieeboy Wrote: im very interested in making this work but i dont really understand the directions  Sad

You have to follow the steps first carefully

Although, on the subject of joshiieeboy, I can't help but notice that he already asked for help, clearly stating that he doesn't really understand the instructions.

… to which you replied, more or less telling him 'follow the instructions'.

Again, not super helpful.