Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FULL SWAP — MODDING QUESTION

Shocked 
Good day to everyone! 

First of all, thank you for accepting me in the forum. I had been reading and watching from the shadows for a while, learning about how the mods works and so on... and I decided to create something by myself, and contribute with something.

I wanted to ask about a full swap between two characters. I understand the tutorial (http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=53) and I can follow it to a certain level, but I have three problems that I don’t know how to solve. My intention is to make a full swap between Ryu (C3)—Ken (C2) (and use the mini swap mod to transfer C2 to C1) and one between Sakura (C7)—Ken (C3) (and use the mini swap mod to transfer C3 to C1). Interestingly, everything goes well in terms of animation and models ... until I tried to correct a minor problem (Sakura-Ken), and the thing has become complicated.

1.- The only problem I had in this case is that Ryu's colors go crazy. I tried to change them with the Color Editing Tool, but they do not work. I attach an image so you can see what happens.

Show ContentRYU-KEN:

2.- Here, I have found most of the problems. I’ll attach images of each of the situations that I have encountered.

Show ContentSAKURA-KEN:

Sometimes, and trying to fix this two, I have a third problem with Sakura: she disappears completely, in the character selector screen and in matches. I can control her, but I have an invisible doll.

I don’t know how to solve either of the problems. I could ask for a request ... but this is already a personal struggle.

And excuse my english  Sad  I'm trying, but is not my first language.

UPDATE:

I managed to make the swap with two characters, but not in the way I wanted or with whom I wanted, after several attempts with other characters and costumes (even so, it will be silly, but I'm excited to contribute something, even if it's something minimum). Until someone helps me with the other two, this is what I have.

1.- Ryu (C1) in Ken (C2) still doesn't work well, but I managed to get it between Ryu (C2) and Ken (C2).

Show ContentRYU (C2) to KEN (C2):

2.- I keep trying the swap between Sakura and Ken, but, for the moment, I had to settle with Sakura -C1- for Laura -C1-. The eyes are a little weird, but I feel good about that.

Show ContentSAKURA (C1) to LAURA (C1):

It may be silly (there is already a mod of Sakura -Nostalgia- by Laura -C1-) but I'm surprised I did something like that.
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]

(01-10-2019, 07:10 AM)Leonaura Wrote: 1.- The only problem I had in this case is that Ryu's colors go crazy. I tried to change them with the Color Editing Tool, but they do not work. I attach an image so you can see what happens.
2. - Here, I have found most of the problems. I’ll attach images of each of the situations that I have encountered.

@"Leonaura"
In terms of Ryu to Ken, be aware that Mini-Swap files  have their own customize setting files (which control colors), you'll have to hex your swapped Ryu C3 Customize setting and add it to the mini swap to get what you want. Because of the mini swap you're still using Ken's colors, which is probably why Ryu is blonde in the one screenshot you posted.

For Sakura, greyed out materials like her eyelens typically mean a file path is wrong or something is missing, I'd check your work.

Quote:sleepy_scrub

@"Leonaura" 
In terms of Ryu to Ken, be aware that Mini-Swap files  have their own customize setting files (which control colors), you'll have to hex your swapped Ryu C3 Customize setting and add it to the mini swap to get what you want. Because of the mini swap you're still using Ken's colors, which is probably why Ryu is blonde in the one screenshot you posted.

For Sakura, greyed out materials like her eyelens typically mean a file path is wrong or something is missing, I'd check your work.

Problem's Ryu solved! You're right about the Mini-Swap, I didn't think about it  Blush  Thanks for the help!

Show ContentSpoiler:

About Sakura, I tried to simplify things and swap C3 to C3, but all I have is the invisible doll again. I'll PM you  Blush

@"Leonaura"
I'm liking the swapping chars Idea.
Got me working on swapping Bboy Ryu onto Cody, I'm kinda diggin' it.

[Image: 20190114021539-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

(01-14-2019, 10:44 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: @"Leonaura"
I'm liking the swapping chars Idea.
Got me working on swapping Bboy Ryu onto Cody, I'm kinda diggin' it.

[Image: 20190114021539-1.jpg]

It's great! Cody's weapons fits perfectly with that outfit  Shy Shy

Mm.. I think the swap between that outfit with Balrog (or Ed) could be great to.