Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Low FPS

here are my pc specs:

Processor : I7 8700k @3.70ghz
Ram: 8gb ddr4
Video card: MSI GeForce gtx 1060 6gb

I manage to get 60fps when things are at a standstill and characters aren’t in Action, but once things get moving fps dips to 50-40fps, sometime as low as 35fps

Installed npc removal mod and helps a bit but not much.

All settings are on low except textures and shadows on medium. Vertical sync turned off along with all settings on nvidia control panel set for performance .

Any suggestions ?

@"Rowteree"  that´s strange my friend, i have ryzen 5 2600 same ram 8gb and amd rx 550 4gb, i hit almost 60 fps...make sure you aren´t running another programs

(12-25-2018, 10:24 PM)Nameless Wrote: @"Rowteree"  that´s strange my friend, i have ryzen 5 2600 same ram 8gb and amd rx 550 4gb, i hit almost 60 fps...make sure you aren´t running another program
rig has no problem hitting 60fps. Just has a difficult time maintaining through out gameplay. Checked background programs, suspended some stuff in the background. ran a bit smoother, but not like my other games

@"Rowteree" GPU scaling And reducing image scaling ingame worked for me, idk what could be wrong in your game

(12-25-2018, 11:30 PM)Nameless Wrote: @"Rowteree" GPU scaling And reducing image scaling ingame worked for me, idk what could be wrong in your game

i bumped up the resolution to 4k, but my graphics card renders it as 2560x1440.

set all the settings to low minus shadows on medium. Scaled in game down to 50. Much more stable fps at 60 sometimes dipping to 50 every now and then. I can live with that.

took days but finally got it  Big Grin

I dont know for you but I have a pretty similar proble. I tried to tweak settings but I had the same issues at very high settings or very low.

And finally I solved the issue by unchecking the core 0 in the windows task manager > process > affinity

Try to put back better settings in game and then try my solution. Tell me if it worked for you.

@"SethGravijah" what processor do you have?

(12-27-2018, 09:14 PM)Nameless Wrote: @"SethGravijah" what processor do you have?

Man if you have any better solution for my problem, you would made my day!

My Config :
CPU : Athlon Phenom II X4 850 (pretty old, 2011)
RAM : 4Go DDR3
GPU : GTX 1050 (2017)
Win7

@"SethGravijah" have you ever touched the ini files in the streetfighterV folder located in Users/"yourusername"/Appdata/local/streetfighterV/saved/config/WindowsNoeEditor?

if you dont have them or is empty

go to your game folder (where your .exe is) and copy the Scability.ini and Engine.ini located in

streetfighterV/intermediate/config/CoalescedSourceConfigs

I can Upload my files if you want (so you can tweak them for your own needs xD)

let me know man Smile

@"Nameless"

Ok so I checked the AppData ini folder, I have the files but they're mostly empty. I copied pasted the 2 ini from the gamefolder in the first one. They're indeed far bigger.

At this point I didn't know if I had to tweak these files and on which setting, but just in case I launched the game to see if anything changed. Nothing changed and...

When I checked back the 2 files, the game has re-inited them back to empty state. o_O Is that normal ?

@"SethGravijah" yes thats normal, 

im gonna upload my files so you can put them in the Appdata folder (not in the main game folder)
you can modify the values easily

https://www24.zippyshare.com/v/fFE4lO1j/file.html

when you´re done changing the values to your needs save the file and right click/properties check the read only option so the game wont change the values 

also:
[AntiAliasingQuality@0]  (the number after the "@"means low,medium,high like this 0 is low, 1 is medium, 2 is high, and 3 is max)

hope this can help you man  Smile

@"Nameless" 

I tested your files w/o any personal change (it's Xmas run ATM, not a lot of free time ^^) : it gives a tad better graphics ingame than my classic settings, and frame rate looks pretty the same.

Yet that's no big surprise. As said before, my main problem (big frame drops at some times) occurs whatever the settings quality. I can put the game 1080p with all settings at max, or 480p with all details à 0 : I'll have either stable 60fps or stable 45fps depending on if the "problem" is occuring or not.

Here's all infos I gathered on this problem :
- For the moment I noticed it only in SFV and Megaman 11 (is it CAPCOM software related ?)
- GGRev2 is working perfectly fine 1080p 60fps
- Problem occurs whatever the settings (max or min)
- Disabling core 0 in windows CPU affinity fix the issue (which is weird because the core was far from being overflown)
- Problem doesn't occur on my I7 Win10 laptop, only with my AMD Win7 desktop
- On Internet I read tons of messages people getting same issue with non CAPCOM games on Win10
- Lately I tidied a bit my desktop computer and things got worst, before I had only 5fps drops now it's 15 !
- if the problem is not active in game, usually it pops in each time I press pause button and then return to game, the 15fps drop then happen either for few seconds, either for an infinite period of time
- NVidia drivers are up to date.

Well... kinda weird. ^^

@"SethGravijah" well at least you can try to put stages mods to replace the original ones, it helped me a lot with my other system

well back here again. Maybe adjusting my settings was a placebo effect, cause im still having same issues

running at 2560x1440 resolution. Scaling down to 50, all settings to low except shadows on medium. Thought it might have been cause i was running the game with only 8gb of ram. spent $100 and bumped ram to 24gb, same problem. There's no possible way my gpu is running that hard. I checked the benchmark readings and the gpu is only at 16% load. Still dipps to 38-45 fps when the characters models on screen are in action.

all drivers updated, just such a weird problem. Ran the re2 one shot demo and that game is graphically superior to sv5 and ran perfect at 60-65fps preferred max settings even exceeding 120fps on lower settings

what gives? setting affinity processor 0 seems to do nothing for me

Guys, seeing how my rig is way less powerful than yours, but I don't have any trouble at all, I'll give some cents;

1 = forget constant 60 fps, SFV isn't a game thought for pc at first, and it's even less stable in Ps4/Pro, so yea, you'll only get 60 fps on grit stage with default characters even if you boost your pc to the highest of tiers. Unfortunately, it's just how the game is, it's simply and really not optimized in nor for any platform;

2 = you can always get more fps if you disable v-sync and the buffers, also, in nvidia painel, if you let pre-rendered frames at 1 it'll help, too. Not that much of difference, though;

3 = install the game on ssd, there's a slightly boost in the game's performance there;

4 = tweak your ini files, not only the scalability, but engine and gameusersettings, too. I'll leave my own here, so if anyone wants, feel free to edit yours, too; note, I can run the game in 4k, record the game at 4k with very few fps going up or down - and they usually happen at intro scenes, KO's and special finishes, like ending a round with a CA or Ex move;

Show ContentSpoiler:

Note that -1 completely turns off the feature and w/e you leave in others setting must be the same one in (GroupQuality), also, see that I turned off the v-sync here, but at my nvidia panel settings, it's on along with 3buffer. Don't recommend you turn off completely v-sync, though.

5 = most of the stages lags/have some fps drops, so if you use the less gimmicks and sunny days by @"robhal" it will improve the performance offline - online depends more on your opponent than you, unfortunately. Like I said before, The Grid is the only stage that should have constant 60fps, but even there it drops with the scenes I mentioned above, CA ending etc/

6 = don't ever forget to turn your machine to the highest performance both at control panel and nvidia panel - most problems like those are directed related to this;
-
If neither of this helped you, I'm really sorry, maybe there's something wrong with sli or anything related to it, also, clean your team cache at least once per week. it helps a bit, too. Good luck!
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]