Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mesh-mods with Stickers

@"Vergilfox" Any thoughts as to why this happens? I can import Seong Mina's hair to Blender after increasing the scale of the ponytail just fine, but when I use those same scaled bones rigged to a new mesh, the bones revert back to their unscaled state when going from 3DSMax -> Blender.

@"GCHAOS" 

I've tested it by myself and I must say that you are right, there is a problem with those hard edges.

Keeping in mind that the game loads all nude parts separately, there must be something we are missing out...

I've been investigating it but without success at the moment. I'll tell you if I manage to resolve it.

By the way, the skeleton is the one which is into the red frame.

@"Tetraspore"

I don't get to fully understand what you mean. Would you mind being more especific?

@"Vergilfox" All of the images are using the same rig. I needed to get a longer ponytail, so I scaled the ponytail bones on seong mina's hair . When I go from 3DSMax to Blender using seong mina's hair, it displays correctly with increased size pony tail bones. When I go from 3DSMax to Blender using the custom hair mesh, it displays incorrect ponytail bone size-- but it's the same exact bones, the only thing changed is the mesh selected to export. In 3DSMax, the mesh and rig are all correct and scaled correctly and functioning. Does that help make it clearer?

(12-24-2018, 01:31 AM)Tetraspore Wrote: @"Vergilfox" All of the images are using the same rig. I needed to get a longer ponytail, so I scaled the ponytail bones on seong mina's hair . When I go from 3DSMax to Blender using seong mina's hair, it displays correctly with increased size pony tail bones. When I go from 3DSMax to Blender using the custom hair mesh, it displays incorrect ponytail bone size-- but it's the same exact bones, the only thing changed is the mesh selected to export. In 3DSMax, the mesh and rig are all correct and scaled correctly and functioning. Does that help make it clearer?

That is a little bit strange, are you sure that the mesh is correctly rigged?. 

If you upload both .fbx files I could take a look, although I'm not an expert in 3DS at all

(12-24-2018, 02:31 AM)Vergilfox Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 01:31 AM)Tetraspore Wrote: @"Vergilfox" All of the images are using the same rig. I needed to get a longer ponytail, so I scaled the ponytail bones on seong mina's hair . When I go from 3DSMax to Blender using seong mina's hair, it displays correctly with increased size pony tail bones. When I go from 3DSMax to Blender using the custom hair mesh, it displays incorrect ponytail bone size-- but it's the same exact bones, the only thing changed is the mesh selected to export. In 3DSMax, the mesh and rig are all correct and scaled correctly and functioning. Does that help make it clearer?

If you upload both .fbx files I could take a look, although I'm not an expert in 3DS at all

Yep, absolutely sure it's rigged, the final screenshot is showing it in 3DSMax bending appropriately.

Mind you, the front/bangs are just rigged to the head at the moment but here are the files

Seong_Hair_Scaled_Pony.fbx
Shura_Hair_Scaled_Pony.fbx

If you want to try and recreate this from scratch too, select the "r002_hairB01__swing" bone and all of its children, scale in all directions (X,Y,Z) at the pivot point to 215.6 from 100.

(12-24-2018, 03:53 AM)Tetraspore Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 02:31 AM)Vergilfox Wrote:

Yep, absolutely sure it's rigged, the final screenshot is showing it in 3DSMax bending appropriately.

Mind you, the front/bangs are just rigged to the head at the moment but here are the files

Seong_Hair_Scaled_Pony.fbx
Shura_Hair_Scaled_Pony.fbx

If you want to try and recreate this from scratch too, select the "r002_hairB01__swing" bone and all of its children, scale in all directions (X,Y,Z) at the pivot point to 215.6 from 100.

I can't reproduce the problem with those files because it throws too many link errors, it's really confusing. Why don't you try duplicating the ponytail mesh, edit as poly and scale it, and then rig it to the correct bones?.

Two reasons

I need the ponytail bone scaled for the length. The normal skeleton doesn't match up at all with the new mesh, that's why it needs some tweaks. Scaling bones is fine when modding, rotation and translation are not.

It also works just fine, I don't have any link errors when exporting, and I can get the seong mina one all the way into the game a-ok

Thanks for all your help thus far, I'll keep trying.

I think I have an idea for a way to work around this strange problem, I'll report back in a few hours!

EDIT: Ok so it worked, I need to clean up my rig and scale it larger but it did work. Here's what I did.

1. Import Seong Mina's hair
2. Scale ponytail bones to size I need (make note of the scale integer)
3. Rig Shura's hair with Seong Mina's hair bones
4. Reset to bindpose with ActorXImporter script
5. Copy the Skin Data to Mesh using Skin Utilities on the far right tab on the right panel
6. Convert Shura's Hair mesh to Editable Mesh
7. Copy the Skin Data from the Skin Data Meshes created in step 5 to the new Editable Mesh converted in step 6
8. Export to FBX
9. Import into Blender using your settings
10. Follow your steps with Blender up until before the final export
11. Select the armature and enter pose mode
12. Select the ponytail bones
13. Take the integer from step 2 and move the decimal two spaces to the left (for example, 215.6 -> 2.156) and use the new integer to scale the ponytail bones
14. Follow these steps: https://nixart.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/...n-blender/
15. Export to FBX
16. Finally, import to UE using your settings.

"Segadordelinks"  @"Vergilfox" @"Tetraspore" 

I'm trying to find a method exporting mesh into UE4 via 3DSMAX only. However the result is not very satisfactory.
Here is what I do
1. Set the "Mesh scale" in Mesh Setting of ActiveX Importer for 3DSMAX to "0.1"
2. Import the PSK file and export it as fbx file in default setting.
3. Import the fbx file into UE4

As a result, the mesh lower than Hip (including Hip mesh) can be shown as a proper scale but has a serious Normal problem. When set the mesh and root bone into different scale in 3DSMAX, this problem can be improved but CAN NOT  be solved.

[Image: 6f78da1076283704.jpg]

On the other hand, mesh higher than Hip (including the stomach) is not in the correct scale

[Image: c745091076283684.jpg]

BTW, I have not test changing "Import Uniform Scale" when importing into UE4, yet

@"GCHAOS"

The normals problem is due to the way the models are exported from UModel, which breaks the vertex normals. So the only way to resolv it is setting the vertex normals manually, importing all meshes that are implicated. The only problem with this method is that although you manage to average the vertex between models and smoothing the joints, the result isn't perfect because you would need the original vertex normals setting of the meshes.

For example:

You can import the hip and the thighs and use the Edit Normals modifier to average the vertex normals with a treshold of 0,01 or 0,1 until you reach the result expected, but in game won't be perfect because the thighs exported from umodel has different vertex normals orientation, but, even so, the result is good enough.

Regarding the other parts like stomach or chest, is strange that the problem is due to scaling issue but I'll try to test it in the next days.

@"Vergilfox"
Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for your explain. About the Normals, I heard that model can be edited using HEX tool, and normals also can be modified.
However, that's already beyond my capability though.

@GCHAOS: You asked me how I treat the normals in my mods (there are still issues, though).

In Blender I enter in Edit mode, select all vertex and click in Remove Doubles. Many times the normals will look a bit odd now, just continue.
When exporting I select Smoothing: Face.

In UE4 Editor when importing I select Compute Normals and Mikk TSpace (the default options). So if I'm right, I'm letting UE4 handle the normals.