Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

[Info] How to install mods for SFVCE (updated for Patch v7.010)

(02-23-2021, 05:24 AM)JuiceforBois1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 12:08 AM)KunninPlanz Wrote: I can confirm that PPM *seems* to still work with the Season 5 update. Don't forget to re-sync PMM after the game updates though. Smile

What! Mines still hasn’t been working after the update. :/

Mine was working as of yesterday, but only after I re-synched it. I'll check it again to see if it's still working or if something has changed.

Edit: Yup, PMM is still working fine for me after the update. All mods load as they should.

@All:
The first post is updated with all relevant info up to Patch v6.001 (Dan release). And before someone ask, yes all install methods (MM / PMM / ~mods folder) still work fine.

If anyone uses ~mods folder and sometimes see randomly when you put this one more PAK mod in there then it breaks other mods not loading anymore

What always fixes it for me is just copy and paste that exact same PAK in the same folder don't even need to rename it so 2 of the same file

Then every mod works again lol weird
[+] 1 user Likes cleanminimal's post

Another big update incoming (28.2 GB, downloaded from Steam), so if you guys use the ~mods folder install method, be sure to delete the "Ver3056001_Steam.pak, Ver3066003_Steam.pak & Ver3056010_Steam.pak" asap from your "\Steam\SteamApps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks" folder.

Hey,
Thank you for this exhaustive guide, I try to get into Street Fighter V mods and this clear a lot of things.
That being said I still have a question, I don't know how to chose between the 3 options.
What are the main differences ?
Which is the easiest ? Which is the most likely to continue working without doing anything after an update (if there's one) ? Are there mods that are only working with only one solution ?

Thanks in advance !

@"Urgo"
You're welcome Smile

And about the difference of all three method, it's just how you setup the installation process. The easiest is gotta be "~mods folder" method as you don't need to install any tools / programs and only need to move/copy some files (all mentioned in the guide) beforehand, that's it.

All methods need some little maintenance after game update, and all of them are described in the guide.

About "Are there mods that are only working with only one solution ?", this is so rare but I recall there is one mod to change the background pic of the "CAPCOM/SFV logo" splash screen and that must be installed with "MM or ~mods folder" method (PMM can't be used for this mod).

Thank you for the quick answer !

So what are the advantages of the PMM and MM methods (if there are some) ?

The main mods I would like to use are one to switch to the Japanese names and some skins, so nothing as exotic as that !

@"Urgo"
There is one advantage of using the mod manager (PMM or MM) method, it is the installed mod is guaranteed to load in the game. The reason I say that is because with ~mods folder there are some occasions that one or more mods can randomly not load in the game. Of course there are some solutions like renaming the affected mod (usually by adding the "a" letter in front of the filename) or add/remove some more mods, but those ways still are not guaranteed. The only way of you can guarantee with ~mods folder method is by running the game with fully unpacked files (like I told in the NOTE2 section of the ~mods folder method installation description in the first post).

But please don't let the "random occasion of mod stop loading" part scare you to not use the ~mods folder method, I use that method as well and my mods work fine. If they randomly stop working, I can just do the solution above (renaming the affected mod or add/remove some more mods).

Hey, thank you very much. It was indeed very simple !
I had a weird stuff happening though, for one costume, I renamed the .pak before using it, and when I tried to use it with the original name it didn't load up. Only when I reversed it to the changed name, it worked again. Is it normal ? Is there a way to fix it ?

Also, what happens if I don't delete the "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file before a major update ?

And an off topic question, I can't find a mod to swap the names of Boxer, Claw and Dictator, the only link I found is dead and I can't find it here, any idea where I could find that ?

@"Urgo"
That's the random thing I mentioned before. Sometimes if the mod doesn't load, just rename it to for example: "aJuriLegacy.pak" or "aaJuriLegacy.pak".

If you don't delete the "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file before a major update, some issues will happens like wrong character/costume/stage name, the DLC characters/stages don't show up, etc etc.

About the mod to swap the names of Boxer, Claw and Dictator, I happen to have it. Here you are
https://mega.nz/file/9Z4FAAIA#ljhu4pXT_k...qeZZmpemAk

Perfect, thank you very much !
[+] 1 user Likes Urgo's post

And I did it ! I didn't see the update and I didn't delete the "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file.

I still didn't launch the game since the update tough.

What do I have to do to fix it ?

@"Urgo"
Should be nothing major happens if you forgot to delete the "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file after you have updated the game. Just delete the said file afterward and it's done.

Thanks for the help !

I tried launching the game after deleting the file, my mods were still working but I still redid the first two steps (~mod folder method).
[+] 1 user Likes Urgo's post

With the new patch update v07.010 the PMM stopped working, I uninstalled the mods, installed it again and synced the mods and it didn't work.
Has anyone managed to make it work?
What can I do?