Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

[Info] How to install mods for SFVCE (updated for Patch v7.010)

@"DOY"
If you mean "PMM not working to install any mod", yes atm it is broken and there is nothing we can do except waiting until Capcom releases some title update patches (so that PMM can start working again). In the meantime, there are still other methods (MM or ~mods folder) to install mods.

(08-22-2019, 03:01 AM)robhal Wrote: @"DOY"
If you mean "PMM not working to install any mod", yes atm it is broken and there is nothing we can do except waiting until Capcom releases some title update patches (so that PMM can start working again). In the meantime, there are still other methods (MM or ~mods folder) to install mods.

i am more a fan of the MM Mods because of more controll what a move have inside
but the PMM Tool was well.

What Kind of reason made this tool not work anymore interest me as Programmer

@"DOY"
The reason PMM won't work in current v4.070 game is because it relies on the "dlc.manifest" (located in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder) which is atm not existed as Capcom only enable that particular when they want to deliver some new stuff (eg. costume, stage, etc) via in-game title update. You will know this when you launch the game, it will tell us that it gonna download the update.

PSA:

Today (27 May 2020) there is new game update from Steam (only the exe file, so no need to redo the official pak files extraction for now) and also from in-game (it deletes the previous two title update pak files, then it downloads the new pak files with name "Ver3035031_Steam.pak"). So for people who use the ~mods folder, make sure to do these asap:

1. Delete the two old title update pak files (Ver3015012_Steam.pak & Ver3025020_Steam.pak") that you previously moved to the "your SFV installation folder\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\" folder.

2. Move the new title update pak files (Ver3035031_Steam.pak) to the "your SFV installation folder\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\" folder.

3. Edit the dlc.manifest file (in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder) according to the instructions in first post, spoiler box #3. Or just download the already edited dlc.manifest file (for Patch v5.031) if you can't manage to edit it yourself, then put it in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder.

4. DONE, you can now use the ~mods folder to install any pak mods again.
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

Does anyone know how to fix the no colors on the Lucia CPT 2020 swap to C1 by Robhal? I try to do a character swap with the Lucia mini-swap pak but the model looks concrete colored. Kinda cool but not the look I want.

@"necc-wonder"
If you use ~mods folder install method, try looking at the solution in the post directly above yours.

Anyone know if there's a hard limit for the total number of C1 mods you can have installed at once across all characters (with one per character) using the ~mods folder manual method?

Reason I ask is because I use the ~mods folder method with the dlc.manifest file workaround, and since the latest update, even after reinstalling all .paks, some C1 mods cause issue while others do not. Some even cause issues for other character slots. For example, I have a mod for Menat C1, and if I install the .pak via the ~mods the folder the colours are screwed up, plus it additionally breaks the colours on the Laura C1 mod that I have installed, while all other C1 outfits mods that I have installed are working as intended. The problem still occurs after re-extracting and re-installing that Menat C1 mod every time.

Edit: Just tried a different mod on Menat C1 and all is fine again. Seems my game has an issue with the other mod for some reason.

PSA:

Today (29 July 2020) there is new game update from Steam (only the exe file, so no need to redo the official pak files extraction for now) and also from in-game (it only downloads the new title update pak file which is "Ver3035040_Steam.pak" if you already have the previous "Ver3035031_Steam.pak" file). So for people who use the ~mods folder, make sure to do these asap:

1. Move the new title update pak file (Ver3035040_Steam.pak) from "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder to the "your SFV installation folder\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\" folder (also make sure that the previous title update file which is "Ver3035031_Steam.pak" also in there as well; if not, then move it too).

2. Edit the dlc.manifest file (in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder) according to the instructions in first post, spoiler box #3. Or just download the already edited dlc.manifest file (for Patch v5.040) if you can't manage to edit it yourself, then put it in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder.

3. DONE, you can now use the ~mods folder to install any pak mods again.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Bro , please a method to change the unpack folder, my small ssd can't take it anymore, need help please, a option for the program, a source code, thanks in advance.

Smile

@"cockneyorphan"
Do you mean the unpack folder when you use the "extract-all.bat" from the thread here? Actually you can just run the quickbms.exe (or the 4gb version, depends on whether you want to extract the pak file larger than 4 GB size) manually, choose the sf5.bms file as the script, then choose the pak file you want to extract, then you can choose the destination folder to somewhere else (it doesn't need to be the same with the folder that the source pack file is in).

PSA:

Today (16 September 2020) there is new in-game update (it only downloads the new title update pak file which is "Ver3035041_Steam.pak" if you already have the previous "Ver3035031_Steam.pak" and "Ver3035040_Steam.pak" files). So for people who use the ~mods folder, make sure to do these asap:

1. Move the new title update pak file (Ver3035041_Steam.pak) from "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder to the "your SFV installation folder\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\" folder (also make sure that all the previous title update files which are "Ver3035031_Steam.pak" and "Ver3035040_Steam.pak" also in there as well; if not, then move them too).

2. Edit the dlc.manifest file (in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder) according to the instructions in first post, spoiler box #3. Or just download the already edited dlc.manifest file (for Patch v5.041) if you can't manage to edit it yourself, then put it in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder.

3. DONE, you can now use the ~mods folder to install any pak mods again.

PSA:

Yesterday (14 September 2020) there was new Steam update (it only downloads the new exe file) and also in-game update (it deletes all the previous "Ver3035031_Steam.pak, Ver3035040_Steam.pak & Ver3035041_Steam.pak" files that are inside the "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder and downloads the new title update pak file which is "Ver3045051_Steam.pak" that has all the previous updates combined into one big update)

So here are the correct steps to make sure you have a proper updated latest game version and can use the ~mods folder:

1. Navigate to "your SFV installation folder\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\" folder and delete asap all the old title update files (which are "Ver3035031_Steam.pak, Ver3035040_Steam.pak & Ver3035041_Steam.pak") that you previously copied or moved in there.

2. Copy or move the new title update pak file ("Ver3045051_Steam.pak") from "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder to the "your SFV installation folder\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks\" folder.

3. Edit the dlc.manifest file (in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder) according to the instructions in first post, spoiler box #3. Or just download the already edited dlc.manifest file (for Patch v5.051) if you can't manage to edit it yourself, then put it in "C:\Users\-YourUserName-\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download" folder.

4. DONE, you can now use the ~mods folder to install any pak mods again.

It's been a year since our last huge update (from Steam), and now here we are again. Currently still downloading the 27.5 GB update and with my current internet speed it will take about 11 hours to finish. So while waiting, please make sure to do the following steps if you want to ensure the mods will work after the update.

1. For Fluffy MM users
Please uninstall all mods from your FMM window list, preferable to do this before the update download process is finished.

2. For ~mods folder users
Make sure to delete the "Ver3045051_Steam.pak, Ver3045052_Steam.pak, Ver3045053_Steam.pak & Ver3045054_Steam.pak" files from your "\Steam\SteamApps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks" folder, you don't need them anymore because those title updates have been incorporated into the game main pak files (from Steam update).

3. For PMM users
You don't need to do anything, but it's unknown whether PMM will still work or not after the big Steam update because PMM relies on dlc.manifest and usually that file is gone (aka not needed anymore) after the game is updated thru Steam. So for now you all just need to wait and see.

I can confirm that PPM *seems* to still work with the Season 5 update. Don't forget to re-sync PMM after the game updates though. Smile
[+] 2 users Like KunninPlanz's post

(02-23-2021, 12:08 AM)KunninPlanz Wrote: I can confirm that PPM *seems* to still work with the Season 5 update. Don't forget to re-sync PMM after the game updates though. Smile

What! Mines still hasn’t been working after the update. :/

[+] 1 user Likes JuiceforBois1's post