Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

[Info] How to install mods for SFVCE (updated for Patch v7.010)

Intro:
Back then we could install any mods for SFV with relatively no issues at all, but starting with patch 1.05 and now patch 1.06 Capcom changes their way to deliver some patch changes. Some people say it's good to have this way as we don't need to download the whole game files just to have a new contents or some changes; while others say Capcom did this deliberately to prevent them from modding / using some particular contents in the game. Regardless of that, I open this thread not for discussion of pro and contra of Capcom's new game patch strategy, but I just want to put some clear info about installing mod again in game 1.06 (hope Capcom doesn't do anything drastic again for patch 1.07 and beyond).

Background story:
As we already know, there are two ways to install mod in SFV, the Mod Manager (MM for short) way and the PAK way. Both ways have their own pro and con (again, won't be debatable in here), as in the end ultimately both ways deliver the same end result, to have SFV game with some mods installed. Like I said above at the intro, both install methods work just fine so far, well until in patch 1.06 Capcom has decided to put some specific changes (especially important for character mods) in form of "Title Update". This "Title Update" is actually the same as other game files in pak format, but what make it so special is that this particular patch pak file is located in different folder with the game regular pak files and what make it worse for mod makers and users is because this patch pak file is put on the highest priority of all pak files. While ofc it's important to have it on the highest priority so the game will load the new and updated files inside the patch pak instead of loading the old files inside the regular pak, this "highest priority" stuff also has some impacts for some mods as their modded files are no longer loaded by he game because there is another file with even higher priority which take all the glory from some mods.

So in the end we as modders and mod users have to ensure our modded files get loaded by the game again instead of those files inside the patch pak. Fortunately the workaround had already been discovered by moddah (his way is good for modders) and then simplified a little by kalevra (his way is good for mod users). Now all mods that broken with patch 1.06 work properly again.

Okay, enough with intro and background story above, let us see what this thread is originally meant to be.

Step by step instructions:

#1 For people who prefer the PAK (with PMM) method: --> will work again with SFVCE v7.011
Show ContentSpoiler:

#2 For people who prefer the MM (loose files) method:--> still work fine with SFVCE v7.011
Show ContentSpoiler:

#3 "~mods folder" method for people who don't want to use either MM or PMM (or in case of PMM get broken by certain updates):--> still work fine with SFVCE v7.011
Show ContentSpoiler:

Little advise or suggestion:
If possible, please don't mix up any of those installation methods above (unless you know exactly what you are going to do), because soon or later you gonna get issues from mixing up any install methods.

Little tutorials to either:
How to pack a mod into a .pak file - for method #1 or #3
How to unpack a .pak file so we can use the mod in MM - for method #2

Credit:
1. moddah, for discovering the workaround to bypass the patch pak file.
2. kalevra, for simplifying moddah's way above.
3. @"FluffyQuack", for updating MM to v1.769 to support SFV "dlc.manifest" patch system.
4. Frosthaven, for his PAK Mod Manager (currently the v2.0 or later that has new way to circumstance the weird pak file loading issue).
5. @"bbb", for always updating the fixed dlc.manifest file each time there is a new in-game title update.
[+] 4 users Like robhal's post

Hi Sir,

Finally i can use your mod CPT2018_swap_DBI, but now all words become alien language.

Can i have latest code for dlc.manifest?

e.g.:
{
"major_version": "3",
"minor_version": "51",
"is_big_patch": "true",
"files": [
{
"name": "Ver204351_Steam.pak",
"hash": "e4d8a51f83ac76f2b790b96a7896d281"
}
]
}

@"terry5695"
There is no "dlc.manifest" file for current patch v3.060. For your issue, I guess I have been telling the fix to many people here over and over again, so I suppose there is no harm to tell again to one more person Wink Anyway about it, please check your "\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks" folder to see if there is "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file or not, and delete that file if it's indeed there.

Is this information all still relevant for v03.060 season 3 2018?

I still seem to be having no luck using PMM.

EDIT: Ah dw just found out that PMM is currently not working- I'll go back to my research before posting for help again.

Did this update fix PMM?

Also the ~mods method has now broken a lot of text

@"Village"
Actually, it's the reversed one as the v3.080 update broke PMM instead again.

Do you always remember to delete the "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file from the "\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks" folder everytime the game get updated from Steam?

(09-26-2018, 02:50 PM)robhal Wrote: @"Village"
Actually, it's the reversed one as the v3.080 update broke PMM instead again.

Do you always remember to delete the "VerXXXXX_Steam.pak" file from the "\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks" folder everytime the game get updated from Steam?

That's unfortunate , wasn't there like a file capcom needed to add back in to fix it?

Also I didn't know that, thank you fixed the issue right up!

@"Village"
Currently there is no way to make PMM work with v3.080 patch, you just need to endure longer and use either MM or ~mods folder method instead.

And you're welcome Smile

Finally gotten round to giving this another go. Downloaded that manifest file @"robhal" , moved the two steam pak files across to the paks folder and................ still the same!! Went back and checked the "download" folder and there is only the dlc.manifest in there but for some reason those laura slots are still broken!

Very odd!

@"The Nibbler"
That's weird because atm I do have the same thing, and the Laura mods installed in my game (for now one of them is Laura APB mod on C4 slot) show up just fine.

Please check the dlc.manifest file again in the "download" folder, are you sure that what you see there is exactly like below?
Code:
{
  "major_version": "4",
  "minor_version": "30",
  "is_big_patch": "false",
  "files": [
  ]
}

Just checked and it looks EXACTLY like that (using notepad 2).

The steam paks are only in the paks directory. All that exists in the download directory is the manifest.dlc file and another directory called "replacement" with a file called assets.pak.

I do use PMM to pack and unpack .pak files (though I disable everything i add to it, i just use it for that functionality) so I wonder if that is doing something that is causing the conflict?

@"The Nibbler"
That's correct about the state of the "download" folder and its subfolder content.

I use PMM as well to unpack and pack into pak files (exactly like what you do), so it shouldn't be any problem. Btw, when you launch PMM, does it always show the "synchronizing packages" message all the time (as indicated with the "auto-sync on startup" checkbox on the top right corner of PMM window)? If not, then everytime you edit the dlc.manifest file manually (or you copy the already edited file, such as mine), you have to tell PMM to do its synchronizing packages process manually by clicking the sync button that also on the top right corner of PMM window.

I would like to say thank you robhal for being so helpful with everything. I am seriously a noob when it comes the mods but have been trying to start from scratch to get all of this together. I have tried getting the PMM but each time I follow your link it goes to a 404 error page. I have then tried going through the MM route but the mod manager will not open. It seems like it tries because it opens a new window, goes black, then disappears. I have a feeling it is not compatible since the settings only go up as far as windows 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@"Effixx"
That PMM v2.2.11 download link is not from me, so I am not aware if the link is already dead. Anyway, thanks for informing me thus I have re-uploaded the file again to my own MEGA account. Here you are
https://mega.nz/#!wZJGCQqZ!oajiyPmmWXrPp...OCtGZ1TMcw

About MM issue, sorry I don't know about it as I don't use Win8 or Win10 (still using Win7 here).

(05-12-2019, 02:32 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Effixx"
That PMM v2.2.11 download link is not from me, so I am not aware if the link is already dead. Anyway, thanks for informing me thus I have re-uploaded the file again to my own MEGA account. Here you are
https://mega.nz/#!wZJGCQqZ!oajiyPmmWXrPp...OCtGZ1TMcw

About MM issue, sorry I don't know about it as I don't use Win8 or Win10 (still using Win7 here).

it still not work any more