Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Season 4 Character Predictions

It's almost that time again. 

There's so much to go over this season. 
Is Verbegen right, are we getting 8 characters this season with two free ones?
Is X-Kira right, is Rose coming back?
Is Honda the only SF2 character they're going to shaft and not bring back into SF4?

Current Predictions for me:

E. Honda (It's street fighter, the vets all deserve a pass)
Rose (X-Kira seems sure)
C. Viper (there's no other good pick from SF4 if we're being honest)
Sodom (only alpha character never to be done in 3D)
Oro (one of the last 3rd strikers not to be done in 3D ever)
Original character (Dev team obviously wants to make their own guys at least once a season).

Not sure about Rose. X-Kira says Tarot Card will be a move, but maybe they're giving Menat a new move instead? He said he didn't wanna leak characters only to have Capcom switch them out anymore so maybe it's a red herring...? 

Also my one wishilist pick (other than Abel, and he ain't coming back since they redesigned him into Laura) is probably... Noemblu? If turning Abel into a Brazilian super model worked out, I'm guessing cute girl T. Hawk is the only way he ever comes back. So that's what I'd want, probably.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

I only want Makoto and Fei Long to come back in S4, so that's only my prediction (or should I say "my wish").

Not a prediction, at all, just my wish list:

Decapree - fully playable, Rose, Makoto - if anyone from SFIII returns, I'd rather the only good thing about that game, which is, Makoto, aside from the art, I'll give you that. C.Viper, Juli - the other doll and Poison; Wouldn't actually mind Oro, the best second thing out of SFIII only for his part of the story - he trained/helped the Matsuda's and is tightly connected with Gouken and Akuma - so I wouldn't mind Gouken either.

What I'd mind is another big "dumb" grappler, like Hugo and the likes. Couldn't care less about Honda, nobody plays him anyway, though for the sake of the only one excluded, pity one could say, he could be included along the way. Fvck Sodom and T.Hawk though, lol. And no Yun, please, don't bring back that hack of a character, leave him out of this mess, we don't need more bungas or ungas. Though Makoto it's kinda one, at least she's cute, lol.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]

@"FvckBringeR"
Bro, what is "bungas or ungas"?

(11-25-2018, 07:20 AM)FvckBringeR Wrote:  Couldn't care less about Honda, nobody plays him anyway,

He'd be a good candidate for one of the free characters if that actually happens. Cause unless he's broken tier I dunno anyone who would pay for him.

I would like Poison to come back, she was good in SFxT and they took her to USF4 later. There is no reason she can't be in SFV. If not her than Roxy maybe since she's shown in Abigail's story. I would like Makoto over Rose (not a big fan of Rose honestly). Feilong would be a good addition too. My most hype character would be Guy but they washed away that possibility with Zeku and his young form but without his elbow drop and specially Senpukyaku, it's a cheap version of guy. CViper would be nice too or Elena.

BUT considering how poor was the last season in terms of characters, I wouldn't keep my hopes high. Other than Cody I didn't liked anyone else and even Cody is not as strong as he was predicted so we don't need just filler characters, we need good interesting and well balanced characters that will be a valuable addition to roster otherwise we'll just have more Falke and Sakura like characters who have good design but nothing more.

@"BrutalAce"

Yeah Cody really disappointed me though I couldn't put my finger on why. He really doesn't have a lot he can do until he's in V-Trigger.
Not only do I not want Rose I feel like she would be terrible in SF5 anyway because zoning is so weak and fireballs have so much recovery. 

But so far balance on seasons 2 and 3 have been weird. Abigail ended up as a fan favorite even though people were pissed when he dropped. People were super hype for Cody and Sakura and when they were low tier that went away immediately. Now that hype has died down G doesn't even seem that good. Blanka seems like the actual winner of Season 3, which is kinda hilarious.

Guess I would like to see Rose, Roxy and Juli. Juni would be nice to see since shes the only doll without a 3d model in the game. Maybe Remy too.

@"sleepy_scrub"

Cody is not a bad character to be honest, he is well balanced and have all the tools to counter different situations with good hit confirms and damage however the only issue he is facing like majority of roster is that he is outclassed by top tiers, he is not on their level so until the issue of top tiers is fixed new characters have little to no chance except if they make another overpowered top tier character.

Also I don't think zoning is bad in this game, since season 2 Capcom is trying to focus on making zoners strong, all grapplers received huge nerfs and general meta change with universal nerfs like command grabs buff zoners indirectly. It's just Ryu and Ken who are weak in zoning with Sakura being the latest and I don't even consider Falke as zoner so Guile, Sagat and Akuma are still very strong in zoning and space control.

G never looked interesting to me to be honest, I pick Zeku and Cody over him any day if it's about interesting character except his dialogues and some moves and fun to watch. People got too hyped about him.

@"robhal", it's just an expression, brother. It means, people not too fond of thinking playing characters that don't require much ability or thought to be able to do well. Think about s2 Balrog, or Abigail. My 4y kid has won ranked matches with him, just mashing around w/e button her small hands could afford, and it wasn't at rookie level, mind you. She actually won against silvers and even above, but ofc, she's lost way more times than won, but you get the idea, right?
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post

(11-25-2018, 07:24 AM)robhal Wrote: Bro, what is "bungas or ungas"?
@"robhal"
I'm assuming it's a reference to like Caveman speech? As in this is caveman-level dumb...? Who knows, I can't keep up with Twitter slang, it's probably means something else but whatever.

@"BrutalAce"
Again I don't think Cody is bad he just feels...off. He's really different form SF4, he feels more like a zoner to me now.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

I want Poison and Dudley. I'd definitely do mods for Poison and C Viper.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 1 user Likes addysun's post