Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to make a swap mod

@"capricornrigidness"
Usually, if there is issue like the 3D model or physics (anything that supposed to be animated, eg: hair, breast, bandanna, etc) are messed up, most likely it's because you replace some values that not supposed to be replaced when you hex-edit the files in Mesh folder. Try redo the hex-editing for these files from the beginning again, but this time pay attention to what value you gonna replace and most importantly DO NOT EVER use the "replace all" function/button.

And you're welcome Smile

Redid it and still the breasts are missing.
Guess Juri just isn't compatible with this mod.

Hi, I just wanted to thank you ! Thanks to your thread, I succeeded in realizing two swaps. I still have to learn how to clean the monkey face problem, now ^^
[+] 1 user Likes relou's post

For those who might need it, I made a video tutorial on how to do Full Character Swap mod.  Hope it helps.

[+] 2 users Like Remy2FANG's post

Hello guys.

I want to choose the suits that the CPU uses by default, the only way I think it is possible to do this is through changing the costume slot, am I right? I tried using xvi32 by editing an example script to change a Chun-li pak mod that is set as the third costume for the first, unfortunately nothing has changed. I do not know if I'm doing something wrong. 

I did the following:

I opened the Chun-li Pak file "without unpacking first" on xvi32 and ran the following script:

ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC /01/ BY /03/
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CNL_01 BY CNL_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CNL_ BY CNL_
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Preview_01 BY Preview_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Setting_01 BY Setting_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Costume_01 BY Costume_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Preset_01 BY Preset_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CM_CNL_EyeLens BY CM_CNL_EyeLens

As it didn't work I unpacked it and then I noticed that the files inside remain with the number 3, it seems wrong but I don't know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

And yes, despite being an experienced Python, Java and Delphi programmer when it comes to MOD I am a novice. Wink

(05-25-2020, 12:10 AM)LuizSN Wrote: Hello guys.

I want to choose the suits that the CPU uses by default, the only way I think it is possible to do this is through changing the costume slot, am I right? I tried using xvi32 by editing an example script to change a Chun-li pak mod that is set as the third costume for the first, unfortunately nothing has changed. I do not know if I'm doing something wrong. 

I did the following:

I opened the Chun-li Pak file "without unpacking first" on xvi32 and ran the following script:

ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC /01/ BY /03/
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CNL_01 BY CNL_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CNL_ BY CNL_
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Preview_01 BY Preview_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Setting_01 BY Setting_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Costume_01 BY Costume_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC Preset_01 BY Preset_03
ADR 0
REPLACEALLASC CM_CNL_EyeLens BY CM_CNL_EyeLens

As it didn't work I unpacked it and then I noticed that the files inside remain with the number 3, it seems wrong but I don't know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

And yes, despite being an experienced Python, Java and Delphi programmer when it comes to MOD I am a novice. Wink

I found my mistake, and it's pretty silly Evil Grin , I reversed the origin and destination, it would be 3 to 1 and not 1 to 3. I think I was so concerned with the details that I didn't notice. It worked wonderfully.
[+] 1 user Likes LuizSN's post

Hi All !
i made i swap from FALKE C04 To CHUNLI C04 and applied the face animation and every thing work fine except in story mode the face still have animation issue (the eye is out of the face shape)
my Q is the face animation fix work on all modes?
Thanks!

@"Chem-pro"
The usual face animation fix will work fine in normal fighting mode, but it seems there are another files that control the face animation aspect in general story mode cutscene and atm I don't know where to find those files.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(06-24-2020, 09:58 AM)robhal Wrote: @"Chem-pro"
The usual face animation fix will work fine in normal fighting mode, but it seems there are another files that control the face animation aspect in general story mode cutscene and atm I don't know where to find those files.

Thanks! Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Chem-pro's post

So I extracted all the files for sfv but now after it applies an update it crashes and never loads, how do I get around this?

Ok I under stand everything past making a scratch folder to set up the paths mine looks like this: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\Z23\SkelMesh\04 then those folders but do I need Users,Owner, and Desktop? If not how do I get them to go away?

Also HOW do I make a scratch folder to start puting the paths in?

One more question, how do I make a swap of character with a modded costume instead of the in game ones?

(10-27-2019, 03:30 AM)robhal Wrote: @"EoxxTH"
You're welcome, and check here for how to swap the C10+ costume
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=811

Just a suggestion, but can we post this link in the first post as well?  I was trying to do a character swap for costume slot C15, but did not see the link to the other post until page 6.

Thanks Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Mapsking's post

Okay, I'm confused on whether you can make a mini swap mod just based on the dataasset folder stuff or if you are supposed to take the whole costume slot folder and just adjust the data asset stuff. @"robhal"

@"wt_neptune"
Mini swap usually only need the DataAsset files (except the C10+ costumes which also requires to put in the mesh file). You can see how I make it on here
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...d=40#pid40

Ah yes I ended up going to your premade swap mega folder earlier to make a nostalgia costumes on C1 mod. I did so to try to get it to change the 0C costumes, but oddly enough, the 0C costumes were still just the original defaults despite them being overwritten by the nostalgia costumes.

How do you think it might work getting the 0C costumes to look like the nostalgia costumes but with the Eleven white skin? @"robhal"