Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to make a swap mod

I was able to swap Poison's C3 slot with Lucia's C3 costume, her alt colors don't display on the vs screen or ingame for some reason though

Show ContentSpoiler:

Tried doing the same thing with Laura's Gloria costume and it turned out like this

Show ContentSpoiler:

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here, can anyone explain?

@"EoxxTH"
For "Lucia C3 swap to Poison C3" issue, I am kind of not sure myself what happened there as if it can show the 1st color just fine (from your screenshot), it should also show the other colors correctly either.
For "Laura Gloria swap to Poison" issue, if you get the grey texture issue, it means usually you didn't correctly hex-edit the material files (to point to the correct texture files).

(10-26-2019, 04:05 AM)robhal Wrote: @"EoxxTH"
For "Lucia C3 swap to Poison C3" issue, I am kind of not sure myself what happened there as if it can show the 1st color just fine (from your screenshot), it should also show the other colors correctly either.
For "Laura Gloria swap to Poison" issue, if you get the grey texture issue, it means usually you didn't correctly hex-edit the material files (to point to the correct texture files).

I re-edited the swap mod for Lucia, the colors are showing up now. I think it might've had something to do with one of the DataAsset files.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Haven't tried to redo the swap mod for Laura yet. I'll let you know if I managed to fix it.
[+] 1 user Likes EoxxTH's post

Fixed the material files for Laura's Gloria costume and the textures are working now! Thanks for all the help!

Show ContentSpoiler:

Now that that's over with, has anyone ever tried swapping a character's C10+ costume to a different character?
[+] 1 user Likes EoxxTH's post

@"EoxxTH"
You're welcome, and check here for how to swap the C10+ costume
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=811

Using this guide would I be able to change a modded costume that was made for one character and change to be usable with another character? For example changing this Marie Rose costume from Sakura to say Karin? https://www.deviantart.com/tiggiewhite/a...-765732105

That's not the costume I want to swap but I tried to do swap a Karin mod and change it to work with Chun-Li and it did not work at all, Chun-Li just kept her original costume. Not really sure where I went wrong...

@"capricornrigidness"
Yes, that's what this guide used for. You can see more examples in the thread below
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=15

Well I got it working but it's obviously not meant for the character I changed it to.
Is there a way to like scale it so it fits the character more or something like that?

@"capricornrigidness"
Unfortunately you gonna need some mesh modding for that matter as hex-editing can't do such "scaling" works.

@"robhal"
Do you do stuff like that when you do your swaps in that other thread?

@"capricornrigidness"
As I can't do any mesh modding, so no. All the character swaps in there have the same scaling like their original mods.

@"robhal"
Well alright then.
Is there anybody that does do that? I want to use this costume with another character but it feels awkward like this but I guess I'll stick with the awkwardness if there's no way around it.

@"capricornrigidness"
Try asking @"Leonaura" as she also makes many swaps and she definitely can do mesh modding as lately she have been releasing many "cosplay" mods that certainly requires her to do the scaling works in order to put some characters' costume or cloth into other characters. Or you can post the request in the mod requests thread if she is busy doing something else or she can't do what you want.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"
Thanks you've helped me a lot here. 
I have run into another issue though. I did this swap for Juri and her breasts are missing for some reason. I did this same swap for Sakura and Chun-Li prior to this one and it was not an issue. Any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?
[Image: wA5QG8n.png]