Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to make a swap mod

@"robhal" Hello. First of all, I would like to thank you for your constant hard work and efforts. Secondly, I have a question in regards to full character swaps. I swapped Alex with Urien successfully, but am unable to trigger Urien's undressed form (for obvious reasons). Is there a way to swap Urien's undressed model without having to mesh edit? I mesh edited his undressed model before, but the materials were messed up, and the character's colours were all over the place, so I hope you can find me a solution Sad
I'll sincerely appreciate it.

@"Ouji"
I just try the mini swap that swapping Urien C1 to Alex C1 slot, and unfortunately the thong Urien costume code (LP+MK+HP) doesn't work either. It seems that code only works exclusively for Urien's slot (unlike the universal easter egg costume code that work on all slots). If you are just looking to swap the undressed version of Urien C1 to Alex, you can use this mod (made by MrTheBull a long time ago) as the base instead
https://mega.nz/#!IcoFVIBb!_7bxSqIQkDpds...XbMwfTXabQ

And you're welcome Smile
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

Hi  and good day to everyone.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

I swapped Chunli over cammy but  chun li seems to have "4" legs...

@"Lordhaneer"
According to what I wrote in the first post of my swap mod thread (NOTE6 section), the only Chun-Li's costumes that have the "4 legs when swapped to other character" issue is her C1/C2/C3. And there is no way to fix it thru hex-editing, except thru mesh editing (deleting the extra legs).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal" 

Thank you big time for your reply!

I'm new here! So I'm sorry if my questions are out of place...

BTW do you happen to know if there's any guide on how to delete those legs from mesh editing?

@"Lordhaneer"
No need to say sorry Wink

There is no specific guide to delete those legs ofc, but you can use any mesh modding tutorial (there are some in this forum) you can apply them to delete the legs.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Can anyone please help me swap Brutal Ace's Nude Cammy (Dolls Hair Style Dry version) to C2? I did it myself but for some reason the animation isn't working properly, otherwise everything looks fine.
https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-746699003

@"nightwing100"
Messed up animation issue is mostly because you touch the physics entries (the one that usually like "xxx_CMY01_xxxx", in case of Cammy's C1 physics entries) during the hex-editing. Check your swap Mesh file and also PhysicsAsset file again.

(09-07-2018, 07:30 AM)nightwing100 Wrote: Can anyone please help me swap Brutal Ace's Nude Cammy (Dolls Hair Style Dry version) to C2? I did it myself but for some reason the animation isn't working properly, otherwise everything looks fine.
https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-746699003

Never mind, looks like BrutalAce already made one for C2 but I didn't saw it.

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=43

@"robhal"

How do you successfully swap a mod from an outfit that uses dress state to one that uses physics assets preview? I can't for the life of me get my C6 Falke uniform mod to show up properly in the character select screen for the C1 slot. Everything else is fine.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv

@"addysun"
Falke's C6 (or any mod based on her C6) doesn't show up properly in char select screen if swapped to other slots (like C1, in you case) because in its DataAsset folder it doesn't has the particular "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_06" file. Although there is the similar file in her C1 but the swap still doesn't show up properly in char select screen because the C1 version of "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" file doesn't have the entry for "DA_xxx_MaterialPreset_xx" (if you look at it with hex-editor).

Back then I made the mini swap for Falke's C6 for the first time (remember, her C6-Swimsuit was released before the C4-Professional costume), because of the circumstance I just described above, I was forced to search for some workarounds and luckily I found it. See, Menat's C4 (Swimsuit) was also released at the same time with Falke's C6, and Menat's DataAsset files have some similarity with the one for Falke (in particularly, both have the entry for "DA_xxx_Prop_xx"; Prop here is for Falke's staff and Menat's orb), then I just copied that Menat's "DA_Z23_PreviewCostume_04" file, rename it to "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" (because at that time I was trying to mini swap Falke's C6 to C1), then open that file with hex-edit and edit the entries there accordingly for what I want. If you want to see what I had change, open the file "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" (from "Falke_06-Swimsuit_swap_to_01", my mini swap mod pack) and the original "DA_Z23_PreviewCostume_04" (from Menat's C4 DataAsset folder) side by side with hex-editor.

But luckily for you because you ask the question in present time when Falke had her C4 (Professional) costume already released, thus you don't need to do the complicated workaround I did above. Now you can just copy the file "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_04" (from Falke's C4 DataAsset folder) to your C1 swap DataAsset folder, rename it to "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" and edit it accordingly to what you want (I am sure you can figure it out, judging from the fact you can do your own swap, but if you have trouble, just let me know again and I will edit the file for you).

(09-18-2018, 03:28 PM)robhal Wrote: @"addysun"
Falke's C6 (or any mod based on her C6) doesn't show up properly in char select screen if swapped to other slots (like C1, in you case) because in its DataAsset folder it doesn't has the particular "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_06" file. Although there is the similar file in her C1 but the swap still doesn't show up properly in char select screen because the C1 version of "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" file doesn't have the entry for "DA_xxx_MaterialPreset_xx" (if you look at it with hex-editor).

Back then I made the mini swap for Falke's C6 for the first time (remember, her C6-Swimsuit was released before the C4-Professional costume), because of the circumstance I just described above, I was forced to search for some workarounds and luckily I found it. See, Menat's C4 (Swimsuit) was also released at the same time with Falke's C6, and Menat's DataAsset files have some similarity with the one for Falke (in particularly, both have the entry for "DA_xxx_Prop_xx"; Prop here is for Falke's staff and Menat's orb), then I just copied that Menat's "DA_Z23_PreviewCostume_04" file, rename it to "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" (because at that time I was trying to mini swap Falke's C6 to C1), then open that file with hex-edit and edit the entries there accordingly for what I want. If you want to see what I had change, open the file "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" (from "Falke_06-Swimsuit_swap_to_01", my mini swap mod pack) and the original "DA_Z23_PreviewCostume_04" (from Menat's C4 DataAsset folder) side by side with hex-editor.

But luckily for you because you ask the question in present time when Falke had her C4 (Professional) costume already released, thus you don't need to do the complicated workaround I did above. Now you can just copy the file "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_04" (from Falke's C4 DataAsset folder) to your C1 swap DataAsset folder, rename it to "DA_Z28_PreviewCostume_01" and edit it accordingly to what you want (I am sure you can figure it out, judging from the fact you can do your own swap, but if you have trouble, just let me know again and I will edit the file for you).

Brilliant. Thanks, should be able to do it myself. I'll let you know if I can't
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 1 user Likes addysun's post

@"robhal" Good afternoon. Can you help me understand and correct character conversions?

1) My first attempt is to change Laura Loose Hair mod for Menat. 
https://www.deviantart.com/bbbsfxt/art/L...-736463613
I'm using "~mods" folder to install the mods. I used HEX editor to change all "LAR" to "Z23" in the .pak but i'm still see only Menat in her C1 costume.   Huh

2) My second attempt, this mod for R.Mika
https://www.deviantart.com/xheczx/art/La...-586301559
I fixed it with "SF5 - Ver-2-XXX MOD FIX", then i change all "LAR" into "RMK" with HEX editor, but i game i have this result:

https://sta.sh/02aa81pri0zv

I hope it's not too hard to fix. Also while I was waiting answer, I will take another attempt to fix it yourself.

@"Repinscourge"
1. About that Laura mod, first of all you can't just open the pak file with hex-editor and straightly do the swapping process. The reason is because that mod only comes with the modified files, as you can see if you browse thru the folders, it doesn't come with 4 other Texture files, all the Material files and 3 other DataAsset files. The correct step is first you will need to copy all the missing files (the one I mentioned earlier) from original full extracted SFV game folder to the mod folder, then you make the pak file (if you still want to open the pak file directly in the hex-editor). Then this is a very important thing to remember if you want to do character / slot conversion, never use the "change all" function in hex-editor because there is always possibility that you will replace something unwanted as well, always use the "replace one-by-one" function therefor you can avoid mistake because you only have to replace the LAR part with Z23 that looks like a file/folder reference, everything else can be ignored.

2. I don't have the second Laura mod and I also don't want it either because I had personal issue with the modder, but I guess you have the issue like what I just describe above (the mod only come with modified files, you need to copy the missing files first, pack the mod again into pak file, open with hex-editor, always use the "replace one-by-one" function therefor you can avoid mistake because you only have to replace the LAR part with RMK that looks like a file/folder reference, everything else can be ignored).

@"robhal" Ok, I think now I understand the meaning. But, unfortunately, I have not yet done the extraction of files from game .PAKs because I have no place to store them in a double instance. But basically all I need are the files of Laura's first costume right? Could you send them to me somehow or would it be too time-consuming?

Anyway, thank you for advice. =)