Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Modding Discussions

it is interesting to see that Soul Calibur 6 also use UE 4.17 just like Dragon Ball FighterZ
Luckily I already had the ue.17 installed on my computer
Although I haven't bought the game,i will download the pre-load files to extract and study the files
if any prrogess happens,i will buy the game later
[Image: XraiYnJ.jpg]

Do we know for sure it was exactly version 4.17 they used for making the game?

@"FluffyQuack"
I think UE 4.17.2 will be fine

@"Monkeygigabuster"

Well i already download 4.17.2 as soon finding out about things
and also gave it a try using the similar procedure as sfv , the folder structure was a bit different then sfv
it seems the meshes in my case the one in the creation folder use materials in two different locations just my assumption
anyways i tried to cook it in ue but it failed to cook files , oh well never been very good at figuring things out hopefully some one else whose not as dumb as me will eventually figure it out

btw, dbfz uses ue 4.17.2
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

(10-21-2018, 02:35 PM)Ecchi Gamer Wrote: btw, dbfz uses ue 4.17.2
I can confirm that since I made a lot of DBFZ mods using UE 4.17.2

Anyone know if this Tekken 7 texture tutorial works with SC6? Since it seems to use a similar layout.
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...1#pid12321

Cheers!

To change visual effects you just need to replace VFX files from Chara folder (without any HeX):

[Image: 4E98A5BE48273751C63FCCFB3FEB3FDF752E74A0]

Download
[+] 1 user Likes Natsu-Ken's post

Anyone having any issues extracting textures?
I "acquired" a copy of the game to look for assets but Umodel is crashing on certain textures. (Certain normal maps in particular, like the one on LizardMan's face). 

I suspect my copy of the game is janked.... anyone else having similar issues on the final release?

Looks like the development team was a bit sloppy when converting data from earlier SC games into SC6.

Body texture from SC5: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...2-body.tga
Body texture from SC6: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4..._COLOR.tga

Zoom in and you can see there's extra noise on the SC6 version of the texture. I'm not sure quite sure how they could have done that mistake. Did they import DDS textures from SC5 and re-encode them? I'd be surprised if they didn't have access to assets in some kind of intermediate, lossless format.
[+] 2 users Like FluffyQuack's post

(10-22-2018, 12:03 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote: Anyone having any issues extracting textures?
I "acquired" a copy of the game to look for assets but Umodel is crashing on certain textures. (Certain normal maps in particular, like the one on LizardMan's face). 

I suspect my copy of the game is janked.... anyone else having similar issues on the final release?

You have to load Paks files in Umodel in order to see all files (as some extracted files still have encription)

ANyway, I just purchase SC6 and I have already extracted all the files.I will try to cook mesh tonight.

@"Monkeygigabuster"
I had no idea Umodel could open Paks, lol.  That did the trick, thanks.

Well, I noticed something within the extracted files, specifically in the SoulcaliburVI folder:

[Image: Jk80tf4.png]
There's an UPROJECT file there. This had me curious to see if it was true that SCVI was made with Unreal Engine 4.17.2. I installed that version, and I opened up the UPROJECT file, prompted with a message saying that the project was made on a different version of UE4, and had to be copied and updated to the installed version. Take this as you will.

(10-22-2018, 11:33 AM)Spectator Sly Wrote: Well, I noticed something within the extracted files, specifically in the SoulcaliburVI folder:

There's an UPROJECT file there. This had me curious to see if it was true that SCVI was made with Unreal Engine 4.17.2. I installed that version, and I opened up the UPROJECT file, prompted with a message saying that the project was made on a different version of UE4, and had to be copied and updated to the installed version. Take this as you will.

Well i tried your logic with sfv KiwiGame.uproject file and it said the same thing even though we use 4.7.6 to mod the game for sometime now
nonetheless our assumption was based on the fact that umodel was able open uasset files with version 4.17 at least thats what i thought
 but now that i rechecked it , it can also open the files with version 4.16 ??? what does this mean ?
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

(10-22-2018, 12:02 PM)Ecchi Gamer Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 11:33 AM)Spectator Sly Wrote: Well, I noticed something within the extracted files, specifically in the SoulcaliburVI folder:

Well i tried your logic with sfv KiwiGame.uproject file and it said the same thing even though we use 4.7.6 to mod the game for sometime now
nonetheless our assumption was based on the fact that umodel was able open uasset files with version 4.17 at least thats what i thought
 but now that i rechecked it , it can also open the files with version 4.16 ??? what does this mean ?

Well, this could all be a coincidence, but if the assets can be opened up with earlier versions of UE4, then we can't really say for sure which version SCVI was compiled with. Assuming it was true that SCVI was in the works potentially as early as 2014-2015, we would have to go back quite a ways to find the right version.

But in all honesty, it might not make much of a difference, if modding works just fine with 4.17.2, because like you said, SFV mods seem to be working on a different version, anyways.

The only version number in the uproject file (it's just a text file by the way, so you can open it with any text editor) is ""FileVersion": 3" That doesn't sound like it represents which UE4 version the developer used.