Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What happened to my files?

After the recent update adding G and Sagat my mods were breaking the game again.  Things like code or strange text appearing on screens instead of the actual words.  So for that night I figured Id just live without mods and I moved my  ~mods folder out.  I figured I would mess with the 2 files that needed attention later. Generally this would be resolved by moving or updating VerXXXX_Steam.pak and dlc.manifest.  The problem is I dont have either of those in my C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download folder.  I have a folder in there called replacement.  

Also when I check F:\Steam\steamapps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Paks I have neither file in there either.  I have 69 files in my paks folder and they go from pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak      to       pakchunk68-WindowsNoEditor.pak.   I searched my PC for these files and they arent anywhere but my backups folders from the past.  The game appears to work flawless though how is this possible ?

Now this is new one that I honestly never see something like this before.

1. Have you tried verifying the files thru Steam? Maybe there are some corrupted or damaged pak files.
2. If you have done above and Steam says all files are okay, check if maybe before G and Sagat patch (v3.060) was released, probably you run the game with all pak files fully extracted and you forget about it? If so, delete all those extracted files and try to run the game with all pak files still intact.

I am having same situation as thread starter

I ended up just taking a back up file for DLC manifest that I had from prior versions and dropped it in the C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download folder and changed the version info to the current version of the game.
{
"major_version": "3",
"minor_version": "60",
"is_big_patch": "true",
"files": [
]
}

Its working now with my ~mods folder back in the paks directory.

I still have no VerXXXX_Steam.pak file at all in either directory. I dunno.......

is pak manager not working anymore since g and sagat came out?