Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] Color edit tool explained

TUTORIAL: Color edit tool explained (Original tutorial maker: KrizmKazm)

Download link for the tool:
https://mega.nz/#!5FwwyapR!-vR_rHJE25d4k...j39WmBK9Qc
[+] 3 users Like BrutalAce's post

Hey Guys,

I wanted to post this here for visibility. I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why some of my color changes were reverting to default whenever i saved, closed, and reopened the coloredit tool.

Quote:rhymeswithaddy
19 hours ago
Have you ever seen this issue where you change a color, for example Falkes staff color, then save the changes and close the editor. Then when you open the editor back up the colors have reverted back to their default option. It's driving me mad.

KrizmKazm
KrizmKazm
18 hours ago
Did you rename the file path of your mod, the name of the mod, or any of the folders while you had the ColorEdit tool open? I've done that before.  If so, you will need to re-load the file in the ColorEdit Tool to make sure you are editing the correct file.  Also make sure you're not loading one of the backup (.bak) files into the editor.  I can't think of any other reasons why that would happen.

rhymeswithaddy
rhymeswithaddy
1 hour ago (edited)
Hey @KrizmKazm I just wanted to follow up. It looks like the colors i'm talking about have 2 entries in the customizesetting file for whatever reason and I think what's happening is the color edit tool only changes one of the two entries and thats creating a weird situation. When I manually copy and paste over the second entry it no longer reverts back to default.

Just an FYI if this ever happens to you, but sometimes capcom has multiple entries for materials in their customizesettings files.
Support me on patreon!
Catch my work on my deviantart page!
Follow me on Twitter!
Watch me on Twitch!

Join us on the modderbase discord! I'm going to post more WIPs on there as well as talk shop.
https://discord.gg/NNz5fcv
[+] 4 users Like addysun's post

studying...I am gonna make Menat'Kauket 's hair silver and white pink skin

I've tried change Cody Battle Costume colors but didn't work it. I try Fluffy Mod and SFV Pak Mod Manager