Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any way to convert .psk to .fbx without 3ds max?

I gathered everything I need to make simple mods without the need for 3DS Max (hopefully). I wanted to test a model with a swimsuit but ran into the problem where I need to convert the mesh's uasset into an fbx file for blender. The problem is that  Unreal 4.7.6 isn't even loading it no matter what I try. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? It seems like it hates any uasset file outside of what it produces itself...  Huh
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 

Ok, so I learn that I simply can't do what I was trying to do. But now I find out that I absolutely NEED 3ds max if nothing else just to simply convert a psk file into an fbx file. Getting my hands on 3ds max is a nightmare thanks to the developers, so is there no other way to convert from psk into fbx?
Paypal || DeviantArt 

No son, that's why you need this old grandpa BrutalAce and his FBX pack. That's what my pack has, most of the FBX files from game. If it's missing the costume you need then let me know and I'll do the conversion for you.

Luckily I got 3DSMax 2016 from my work so I have that but if you want to do it yourself then downloading the software from "somewhere" is the only solution, I don't promote this and I won't tell you how but unfortunately that's the only reliable solution to overcome this problem, as far as I know there is no other program that can convert PSK to FBX reliably because the author of UModel only made his import script for 3DSMax and Maya and buying these super expensive programs just for conversion is stupid.

Or you can try obtaining the student license somehow which is probably easy or not, I am not sure.

@"BrutalAce" So if I want to change clothing on a character model that a modder made, I'll need the program to convert that psk, right? That good 'ol FBX pack is only good for the models from the original game?
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"sonicprogrammer"

Unfortunately yes, in order to convert any mod to FBX you still need 3DSMax. My pack only cover original costumes.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

Ok, thanks for clearing it up for me. ^^
I've actually got a way to do it now, so I'll be experimenting with it more soon. Big Grin
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"sonicprogrammer"

If you found a way to avoid 3DSMax for conversion then let us know too Smile
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce" Ah, trust me, if I do I'll tell everyone. I meant that I got 3ds max. ^^

Oh hey, @"BrutalAce". What do you think of this?
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Exten...al_psk_psa

I'm not sure how it handles grabbing materials like that other max plugin does, but maybe this could work?

There's this too. This linked to the first one I sent you.

https://blenderartists.org/t/importing-s...skx/610820
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 1 user Likes sonicprogrammer's post

@"sonicprogrammer" I am also puzzled by this question. Since 3ds max is the only thing I do not have enough to start making full-fledged SFV mods from scratch.

The problem with the Blender is that it just closes when I try to insert .psk files larger than 2Mb.

@"BrutalAce" I'm using your Modder Starter Kit with FBX plug-in for Blender, but i'm lack of full body models to make something simple like bikini =) Never would have thought 3ds max would be so necessary. Well that still UE4 came to me for free.
[+] 1 user Likes Repinscourge's post

@"Repinscourge" It's true. Someone would need to know the file formats for both and make a standalone tool that would convert if we don't want to use 3DS max to do it. Pretty high-level stuff.
Paypal || DeviantArt 

(10-01-2018, 11:37 AM)Repinscourge Wrote: @"sonicprogrammer" I am also puzzled by this question. Since 3ds max is the only thing I do not have enough to start making full-fledged SFV mods from scratch.

The problem with the Blender is that it just closes when I try to insert .psk files larger than 2Mb.

@"BrutalAce" I'm using your Modder Starter Kit with FBX plug-in for Blender, but i'm lack of full body models to make something simple like bikini =) Never would have thought 3ds max would be so necessary. Well that still UE4 came to me for free.

@"Repinscourge" 
[Image: 9a6a822397dda144db72156eb0b7d0a20df48634.jpg]
i never use 3ds max, still can work everything i need out. 
did you try the newest version of this addon?  https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa
my blender never closes when i import .psk over 2mb. something different between Windows and Mac?? I dont know....

you know there are some free nude mods on DA or on Google. or you can use the whole DOA body, like what i do.
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 
[+] 2 users Like TiggieWhite's post

@"TiggieWhite" ... 0_0 Or... handy-looking plugin I had no idea existed. ^^;

I think I'll give that a shot sometime. And further kudos to your resourcefulness in finding great practical Kuroneko facial expressions for various situations. ^^

Thanks for showing us this!

Did you know about this, @"BrutalAce"?
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"TiggieWhite" Wow! Thank you very much  Big Grin

I saw this topic, but was somehow skeptical about this plugin. Actually, I installed it, and made the import of the first models that were on hand. Would you mind telling me what import parameters you are using?

This is what the model looks like in my Blender 2.79:
Show ContentSpoiler:

It is much larger than the base field (inside the white circle) and the armature is mirrored along the Z axis. Let's say I made changes to the body shape, do I need to export the armature with it?

@"sonicprogrammer"
[Image: TIM_20181002172123.gif]
yeah~ this is fun, i have a emoji pack......

@"Repinscourge"
well, at least you can import it now.you know what, i don't have the import issue like you do, so i still use version 2.67. and it works fine.
when i import a psk, i just uncheck "autosize bones", otherwise some bones like fingertips will be missing. that's all.
and yes, it's pretty large. but my armature is not mirrored, in your case, you need to flip your armature back. then scale the armature to 0.0254. that will do.
then you export your mesh with the armature into a fbx file. then you throw it into ue4, this time set the scale to 0.393708. (don't ask me why not scale it to 0.0254 x 0.393708 in the first place, i didn't test it, maybe you can try)
that's it.
[Image: Yshtola.gif]

Major Hobby : Update Signature
                                  >---<
DeviantArt   Heart   Patreon 
[+] 2 users Like TiggieWhite's post

@"TiggieWhite"

I think this looks better.
Show ContentSpoiler:

I set the scale parameter as you wrote to 0.0254, but Bleder writes only to the digit 0.025 it's ok?

Okay, I think now that I have solved the problem with the import of PSK. Do I need to export mesh and armature in .FBX separately? Sorry for some noob questions, but i'm not used to all this =)