Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to do costume conversions ?

(01-08-2021, 04:54 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Mapsking"

when I make mods, I only include the edited files for the same reason of reducing file size, and also makes it easier going back to old mods to see what I actually edited on them. However, when swapping the costume, all the files of the slot folder become necessary, so there is no choice in saving space for that. The common folder is not necessary, but certain characters that swap when they get a name change breaks the reference to that common folder, so if the common folder is not in the pak to get renamed as well, some things get messed up, but its still not necessary since you can just correct the reference to the common folder. like the eye lens line I add in my script, that is to avoid adding the common folder to the pak, but I did not think of certain characters like ibuki who have other things in there, another line of script can correct that, but I thought it easier just to tell you to add the common folder instead of more script.

As for the swap mods that don't include all the files, I believe you are referring to the mini swap? that just tells a few files to reference files in a different slot, so slot 1 pulls files from slot 2, but the issue with that is that you decide to put a mod over slot 2 later, it will then duplicate itself to slot 1, so you wont be able to have 2 different mods in those slots, unless you swap using all the files.

Another exemption to this is if you are swapping a c1 mod to ad style slot. since ad style costumes are just duplicates of c1 (or c2 on cammy) you do not need to include all files for this since the non modded files of those costumes are the same.

Good points. As I swap everything around, I'll make sure to include the original folders, it isn't that huge of a deal, besides, I prefer the full swaps. As far as the AdStyle ones go, it may break something down the road, but it always bothers me that they use the same as the default ones, seems like a big waste, so I've swapped most characters to mods that have no color customization, so that way, in the base game, you get an extra 40 costumes to play with, ha ha. No sense putting those in a C1, C2, or C3 slot, and wasting 14 colors, LOL.

@"Mapsking"

There is also the official pak tool that you can you that has the option for pak compression that reduces the size. keep in mind though that if you want to use that, you will have to use it after you use my script on an uncompressed pak and extract it. my script does not work on compressed pak. also for some reason, 7z file sizes are a lot less for uncompressed paks then it is for compressed paks.

ad style slots are good for a free slot to use for unique costume mods, as I don't like to replace existing costumes in the game, and instead just tweak them or improve them a bit with minor mods. I wish the champion edition also gave out the red bull and similar costumes so I could also use them for more free slots for unique mod costumes.  Though those ones are different then the ad style as they are actually similar to mini swaps, as they only have the small differences in their folder, and pull the rest of the files from the 01 folder. so modding c1 costumes actually mess up the red bull costumes and I have seen some of these messed up costumes when opponents use them online.

I also don't mind the lack of colours on ad style as I only use one or two colours on costumes anyways, and its easy to swap colours with the tool.

(01-08-2021, 05:52 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Mapsking"

There is also the official pak tool that you can you that has the option for pak compression that reduces the size. keep in mind though that if you want to use that, you will have to use it after you use my script on an uncompressed pak and extract it. my script does not work on compressed pak. also for some reason, 7z file sizes are a lot less for uncompressed paks then it is for compressed paks.

ad style slots are good for a free slot to use for unique costume mods, as I don't like to replace existing costumes in the game, and instead just tweak them or improve them a bit with minor mods. I wish the champion edition also gave out the red bull and similar costumes so I could also use them for more free slots for unique mod costumes.  Though those ones are different then the ad style as they are actually similar to mini swaps, as they only have the small differences in their folder, and pull the rest of the files from the 01 folder. so modding c1 costumes actually mess up the red bull costumes and I have seen some of these messed up costumes when opponents use them online.

I also don't mind the lack of colours on ad style as I only use one or two colours on costumes anyways, and its easy to swap colours with the tool.

@"bbb"

Interesting, I did not know of any official pak tool, but I talked to the developer who made FluffyQuack Mod Manager, and he told me the reasons why it supports .rar files and not .7z files, specifically, it can extract .rar files quicker than .7z files, so while the files themselves are not compressed, I compress all of my mods to a .rar file, to make them smaller, and move quicker.

On a related note, I use a script for Winrar, that works beautifully, except one minor thing. Since you seem to do a lot with scripting, I wonder if you might help me modify it slightly? It compresses a bunch of files dragged onto it, but if there is a period in the file name, it assumes it is the end of the file name, and whatever is afterwards is the extension. So, for example, if I have a folder name called M. Bison - (C1) Mapsking, it tells me who the mod is for, what slot it is, and what the name of the mod in a format I like. However, when I run the script on that, it would be M.rar. I wonder if you'd be willing to take a look at it, and see if you can help me figure out how to modify it so it will include the entire folder name?

If not, it is no big deal, I can always do it manually, but I don't really understand how to modify it, it just seems like a minor change.

Thanks, Mapsking

@"Mapsking"

the tool is here

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=834

i don't have winrar installed, I only use 7z since the amount of compression it can do it massive.

This mod of mine is 13.2GB.

https://www.deviantart.com/bbbsfxt/art/G...-837633384

with 7z, I was able to get it to only 200MB with robhal's settings.

https://i.ibb.co/jkJmdG0/HjwNGhg.jpg

as for scripting, I don't actually really know anything. If you look at my conversion script, its nothing but simple replace this with that, or find this. nothing really special.

in your situation, I would just name the folder M Bison - (C1)
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

Is there any method to resize characters in PAK file, using HxD alone?

(01-09-2021, 01:17 AM)bbb Wrote: @"Mapsking"

the tool is here

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=834

i don't have winrar installed, I only use 7z since the amount of compression it can do it massive.

This mod of mine is 13.2GB.

https://www.deviantart.com/bbbsfxt/art/G...-837633384

with 7z, I was able to get it to only 200MB with robhal's settings.

https://i.ibb.co/jkJmdG0/HjwNGhg.jpg

as for scripting, I don't actually really know anything. If you look at my conversion script, its nothing but simple replace this with that, or find this. nothing really special.

in your situation, I would just name the folder  M Bison - (C1)

Wow, that is some heavy-duty compression!
[+] 1 user Likes Mapsking's post

Hello guys lol 

I suppose I am trying to do a mini mini swap? 

I'm messing with the unpacked uasset files for the 0C via hex editing. I'm wondering if I can get Eleven Alex's costume to reference his nostalgia costume slot but I'm a little overwhelmed by all the moving parts. I'm also aiming to try to replace Eleven Nadeshiko with either base Eleven or Alex Mods'(?) Twelve model. 

Do I need a copy of all the texture + physics assets and whatnot included in the mod for it to reference anything properly for the mini swap or can it just reference base game files? 

When I tried the Eleven Nadeshiko mod at first, after finally seeing Eleven Mika, Nadeshiko was invis. That was the one where I took Eleven 01 folder and renamed and hex edited everything to fit the conventions of the NDK files. It is totally possible I edited something wrong in the hex but it is hard to hunt for the hypothetical mess up. 

I'm probably going to take a break for a sec since this stuff is kinda mentally tiring but let me know if any of you have insights. 

I'm using FMM over PMM, and I didn't have room for Blender or Epic Games anything on my PC, so that's about where I'm at.

(05-25-2018, 04:23 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: TUTORIAL: How to do costume conversions ?

Hi guys,

This tutorial is about doing costume conversions from one slot to another. Robhal already did a costume conversion tutorial but I will do one myself and will try to keep it concise.

PREREQUISITES:

HXD Hex Editor (Free to download)

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

PROCEDURE:

Assuming you have Laura Showstopper mod on C2 and you want to convert it to C1, now the first step is to open HxD and drag the PAK file into the editor window.

[Image: screenshot__150__by_brutalace-dccgi9v.png]

You should have a view like shown above. Now there are three entries that we will change, two of them are easier while the last one is difficult.

1) /02/ to /01/

2) LAR_02 to LAR_01

3) _02 to _01

The first two are easy but the last one requires some attention so we'll start with number 1. With your PAK file in HxD press CTRL+R which opens the replace window like shown below

[Image: screenshot__151__by_brutalace-dccgi9p.png]

Now type /02/ in search for field and /01/ in replace with field then click replace all

[Image: screenshot__152__by_brutalace-dccgi9h.png]

It will give you message that it replace few hundred entries

[Image: screenshot__153__by_brutalace-dccgi9c.png]

Click OK and then press CTRL+Home key to go to the top of file again. Now press CTRL+R key again and type LAR_02 in search for field and LAR_01 in replace with field then click replace all

[Image: screenshot__154__by_brutalace-dccgi94.png]

This will once again replace few hundred entries

[Image: screenshot__155__by_brutalace-dccgi8v.png]

Click OK and press CTRL+Home key to go to the top of file again.

Now we will replace the difficult part so read carefully, press CTRL+R key again and type _02 in search for field and _01 in replace with field then click on ask Prompt for replace check box as shown below then click replace all.

[Image: screenshot__156__by_brutalace-dccgi8j.png]

HxD will ask on every entry whether you want to replace it or not like shown below

[Image: screenshot__157__by_brutalace-dccgi8e.png]

You should press ALT+Y for the entries you want to replace and ALT+N for entries that you don't want to replace, now the entries that you should not replace are texture files and physics bones. For example

COLOR_02
NORMAL_02
MASK_02
SRMA_02
SSS_02

THESE SHOULD NOT BE REPLACED, if you replace COLOR_02 into COLOR_01 then you will screw up your textures. Similarly entries like

HAIR_02
RIBBON_02
LACE_02
POUCH_02

Indicate physics bone names, changing them might screw your physics animation and keep in mind that these are only example names for bones, different costumes/mods can have different bone names for example in case of Laura Showstopper I made new bones for hairs and gave them names like HAIR_A, HAIR_B, HAIR_C and so on therefore I did not ran into this issue as there was no _02 in those names but if there are bones with such naming convention then you have to be carefully.

For your reference, physics bone names are often piled up together like shown below so if you look carefully you can easily recognize that you're going through bone names. These names can occur multiple times so you have to pay attention.

[Image: screenshot__159__by_brutalace-dccgi7t.png]

Once again press ALT+Y for the entries that should be replaced and ALT+N for entries that should not be replaced. As soon as you will finish the last entry, HxD will stop giving you more replacement dialogs.

Now just save your file and if you did everything correctly then you swapped your costume/mod to the desired slot successfully.

So far this method never failed me but I encourage @robhal and others to try it out and let me know if it's good. In case you face a problem then you can ask here and I will try to help (no promises) and if nothing works then you always have Robhal to do the swaps. Hopefully this will reduce some load from his shoulders.

NOTE: Some costumes don't support conversion as robhal mentioned many times but I do know that C1, C2, C3 and C4 support conversions and that's what I mostly use myself. For character codes please refer to this guide.

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=60

i did the first parts, in the second part appeared LAR_1 cannot be finded

when i try the second step shows the message "LAR_02 cannot be found", what now? somebody help

Hi guys 
I will try change _01 to _02 and /01/ to /02/ for any characters 
but when I do that I see my character destroy color 

why that's happened to me ?
what's a mistake that I do?

This tutorial still works for the latest version of SFV?

IDID IT! it was easy thankyou Brutal you are the man