Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to do costume conversions ?

@"BlueDragonKaiser"
Next time, please use the mention / tagging feature (like what I did for your username in many of my posts here), so that I get notified for your reply, otherwise you may wait forever because there is possibility I don't see your reply.

Anyway, you did the wrong step there. Before you open the "RMK_GymClassV2.pak" in hex-editor, you will need to extract the said pak mod (RMK_GymClassV2.pak) first and copy the missing files, then you make the pak mod again (from the "RMK_GymClassV2" mod folder which now has all the required files), then finally you open the new "RMK_GymClassV2.pak" in hex-editor to do the swapping process in this tutorial.

@"robhal"
Sorry about that. I finally got it to work! The step I was missing was the rebuilding of the pak mod with the files you mentioned. I didn't know I had to that. Thanks for you help! The only thing now is that her Red Bull and Ad Style costumes have weird textures. Not sure what to do about those.
[+] 1 user Likes BlueDragonKaiser's post

@"BlueDragonKaiser"
Good to hear the success Smile About the weird texture issue for R.Mika's Ad Style costume, that's because it shares the same texture files with her C2 (story costume), so if you use mod (eg. the Gym Class mod swap) on the C2 slot, it will mess the Ad Style costume as it is based on her original C2/Story costume. Luckily I also have made the fix sometimes ago, here you are
https://mega.nz/#!pdgTyACB!hMfYM9xBzn-V5...D0SE94hCqU

As for the Red Bull costume, I can't use that slot so I don't know the issue.

Made this account especifically to thank you, it works like a charm. ^^
[+] 2 users Like BrendaMarzipan's post

(05-26-2018, 05:26 PM)robhal Wrote: @"BrutalAce"
Bro, I have tried the tutorial and it work well Smile My choice of hex-editor is Hex Workshop (the one you gave me a long time ago to backport the SFxT DLC costumes from XB360) and I use your latest "Nude Cammy Shaved" mod as the first test after I saw @"CeeBee88"'s post about his issue with converting the mod from C1 to C3. After I follow the instructions from the tutorial and save the converted mod, I even go thru my usual way of "renaming and hex-editing all files manually" to see if my files are matched with the one produced from your tutorial, and I have to say they are 100% perfectly matched. But although I must admit your method is faster than my usual way and easier too (we don't need to rename the files anymore as all things are handled thru hex-editing), there are still couple of things I need to add as opinion:

1. When doing the first part (in my case, from /01/ to /03/), it also changes the part related to Ryu's C1 SRMA file. Till this day, I still don't understand why in some other characters' costume material files they have reference to Ryu's C1 SRMA file but I usually don't touch it, thus after the replace all function is finished I go back to find those Ryu's part and rename them back to 01 again.

2. Your method will only work for the mod that has all files (modified or not) packed into the pak file, such as your Laura Showstopper mod you used as example. As such this tutorial won't work straight away on the mod that only contains the modified files (like most mods from bbb or Segadordelinks).

Now for @"CeeBee88" that has issue, the glitch in actual fight is usually caused by he change some values that shouldn't be changed (usually the third part, where we have to review each changes). Then for the "character select model has no hair physics", my tested swap has the same issue too but it's not actually an issue caused by incorrect hex-editing but because in Cammy's C3 there is an additional file (DA_CMY_PreviewCostume_03) and in there it lists the physics file as different file (CMY_03_PhysicsAsset_Preview) where the C1 doesn't have that similar file either. There are couple ways to fix the issue "character select model has no hair physics when converting Cammy's C1 to C3" but I will disclose it later instead. Guess this isn't needed anymore as you has written even more detailed post regarding the issue and its solution Big Grin

@"robhal" & @"BrutalAce"  thank you guys for putting all these details here.  A couple years ago I tried creating an application to automate the costume slot conversions to no success.  After reading your posts, I definitely screwed up step 3 for the physics stuff.  Because I definitely don't understand what should or shouldn't be changed with the "_01" suffix.  I'd be happy to try again to automate this and give back to the community.  Since the application will be as ignorant as I am, lol,  helpful pointers of how I can identify textures, bones, and other stuff to avoid would be handy. Also, if there are some basic mods for me to start on, and make sure the initial version works would be helpful too.  I'll post the code to Github and make it open source to the community (people can download directly or build it and know there's no funny business in there).  Thank you guys for all your hard work, making my favorite game even better.
[+] 2 users Like jbreaka's post

Smile 
My code repository is here. I'm leveraging u4pak to extract and repack since SFV runs on Unreal Engine 4.  Hopefully, I get a basic working version in a little bit.  My plan is to make it command line/terminal, and my hope is to have this offload a lot of the work @"robhal" and team do.  It'll do 2 functions:
  1. if you just run it no args it'll prompt you for inputs (base version for ad-hoc usage)
  2. pass arguments and you can do bulk changes
[+] 1 user Likes jbreaka's post

@"jbreaka"

You're welcome to take any of my mod and experiment on that. A word of warning though some higher numbered costume slots like 6, 7 and so on have different codes for characters and some files are inconsistent for example Laura's C6 (Sporty) costume has her main model file named as Z0E_06 but her color files are named as DA_LAR_CustomizeSetting_06 so they are using Z0E for some files and LAR for others so conversion will not be as straight forward as some initial costumes.

(01-08-2020, 04:05 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"jbreaka"

You're welcome to take any of my mod and experiment on that. A word of warning though some higher numbered costume slots like 6, 7 and so on have different codes for characters and some files are inconsistent for example Laura's C6 (Sporty) costume has her main model file named as Z0E_06 but her color files are named as DA_LAR_CustomizeSetting_06 so they are using Z0E for some files and LAR for others so conversion will not be as straight forward as some initial costumes.

I see.  It's not as simple as knowing when to change numbers, you have to know individual character codes for specific ranges for certain characters as well.  Ok.  After i get slot 1 and 2 swapping successfully, I'll reach out to you for a list of rules/quirks you've noticed that don't follow a simple number swap.  Thanks in advance!

@"jbreaka" & @"BrutalAce"
You can see the complete list of all chars' code in the post below
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...4#pid20364

And don't worry about the inconsistency between the main model file name and the color file name as actually what matter the most is the file name in DataAsset folder, so if for example you swap the mod to Laura C6 (Sporty costume slot), you can just use the LAR char code for all file names and it will work (100% I can guarantee this).
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"jbreaka"

I have already made an automatic script to do costume conversions

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...4#pid19634

you are free to use it if you want to make a better UI or if you think you can improve it in anyway
[+] 3 users Like BBB's post

(01-08-2020, 06:43 AM)bbb Wrote: @"jbreaka"

I have already made an automatic script to do costume conversions

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...4#pid19634

you are free to use it if you want to make a better UI or if you think you can improve it in anyway

You rock!  I didn't realize you guys already had a tool.  It looks simple to maintain and use.  The only enhancement I can think of that I could offer, would be embedding the conversions and analysis (ie. the tool determines which character and slot the PAK is and the user only provides the new slot), but I'm not proficient in XVI scripting.  I would have to create an application using Java/Scala to do so.  I'll give it a shot.

@"jbreaka"

Thanks Tongue

yeah, I was thinking that it would be good if the tool can detect the character and costume automatically, and just select the costume name to convert to from a drop down list, so the user would select story, swimwear, school, ad style, etc. and the tool would automatically read from the list what the slot number and character code will be.

Now this is more fantasy of an idea, but it would be cool if the tool can check the mod if it contains all files in the pak and if it sees its missing files, to automatically extract the mod, and copy files from a specified location where the user has placed their extracted main game (or even better if it can just go to installation files and extract the files from the specific original games pak) and add them to the mod and repak it before conversion. But I know thats asking too much Tongue

btw, my scripts have 2 categories. (C9- to C9-) and (C9- to C10+ or 10+ to 10+). I will release a third one on the weekend that is a bit more complicated that is for (C10+ to C9-)
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(01-09-2020, 01:46 AM)bbb Wrote: @"jbreaka"

Thanks Tongue

yeah, I was thinking that it would be good if the tool can detect the character and costume automatically, and just select the costume name to convert to from a drop down list, so the user would select story, swimwear, school, ad style, etc. and the tool would automatically read from the list what the slot number and character code will be.

Now this is more fantasy of an idea, but it would be cool if the tool can check the mod if it contains all files in the pak and if it sees its missing files, to automatically extract the mod, and copy files from a specified location where the user has placed their extracted main game (or even better if it can just go to installation files and extract the files from the specific original games pak) and add them to the mod and repak it before conversion. But I know thats asking too much Tongue

btw, my scripts have 2 categories. (C9- to C9-)  and (C9- to C10+ or 10+ to 10+). I will release a third one on the weekend that is a bit more complicated that is for (C10+ to C9-)
I was actually wondering about that "missing files" piece.  Since the one I'm trying to write has u4pak embedded inside, it's technically capable of doing that.  If it could determine which files it needs to get, it could extract and repack, theoretically.  I would just have to understand the process of how one makes the determination that additional files are needed, where they would come from, and which ones to grab.

My latest commit extracts the pak to disk, renames the extracted files & folders, and repacks.  It's ready for some preliminary integration testing *crosses fingers*  If all goes well, I'll slap on a command line interface and make an alpha release.

@jbreaka

How about if a list was composed of all files in a costume and the tool would read from that list, so if the tool auto detects the costume is C2, it will check the C2 list of files and see if any are missing from the pak and then collect them. There is a chance that a material or something that is from the original costume isn't actually used anymore by the mod for that same slot, but even if that unnecessary file is included, it shouldn't cause harm to the mod.

(01-10-2020, 01:25 AM)bbb Wrote: @jbreaka

How about if a list was composed of all files in a costume and the tool would read from that list, so if the tool auto detects the costume is C2, it will check the C2 list of files and see if any are missing from the pak and then collect them. There is a chance that a material or something that is from the original costume isn't actually used anymore by the mod for that same slot, but even if that unnecessary file is included, it shouldn't cause harm to the mod.

Sounds pretty straight forward and doable