Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How to do costume conversions ?

@"manofpeace"
Open both folders of Cammy EFS mod and Cammy's original C1 side by side to compare them, then copy the missing from Cammy's original C1 folder to Cammy EFS folder.
For example: after comparing, Cammy EFS mod folder don't include all files from DataAsset + Material + Sound folder, so copy all those three folders from Cammy's original C1 folder first. Then you make the pak file and proceed to follow the tutorial again.
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

(06-11-2018, 03:55 AM)robhal Wrote: @"thundr51"
Sorry for late reply, but anyway I have made my own "Karin C9-Ingrid swap to Kolin C3" and surprisingly I also see the same issue in char select screen (like in your screenshot above), but I still proceed to the actual fight and actually the swap is just fine there (no problem at all with either Ingrid hairstyle or original Karin hairstyle). So I suggest you try the same too for your own swap, possibly it has no problem as well.

See, the issue here is because the original file "DA_Z20_PreviewCostume_03" in Kolin C3 doesn't have the file/folder reference for "DA_Z20_MaterialPreset_03" because Kolin C3 originally doesn't need this file, while in Karin C9 it has "DA_Z04_MaterialPreset_09" file (which is renamed to "DA_Z20_MaterialPreset_03" for our swap) for determine which hairstyle we gonna use with/without the costume code. So the solution is I copy the file "DA_Z20_PreviewCostume_04" from Kolin C4 to our swap folder, and rename & hex-edit it accordingly to our current swap.

Anyway, here is my swap if you want to check it
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3nf8ulhc6...olin+C3.7z

@"robhal"
Thanks for the explanation and the swap, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.  I've had the same issue when converting other stuff but the files were missing, so I had to add them.
[+] 1 user Likes thundr51's post

@"robhal"
Just as a fyi, Chuns 7(school) and 8(nostalgia) can be easily swapped with no 4 leg issue. You mentioned in the swap thread that you hadn't tested it.

Still haven't cracked that BB girl yet Sad
[+] 1 user Likes thundr51's post

Hi everyone, I'm totally new in modding , and my English is a little weak,so Please forgive me if I make any errors Cry 

In the last few days,I was trying swap Cammy nude mod (By BrutalAce) to Menat & Falke ,and now the body is working,but their weapons were gone (ball & stick disappeared) ,I have tried everything I can do to fix it up ,but I failed . Anyone has any idea for this?? I really appreciate it Big Grin  Big Grin

@"Allen_Jo"
Hi there, and welcome Smile

Since Cammy doesn't have any weapon on her own, so when she is swapped to Menat or Falke, she also won't have any weapon (crystal ball or staff) as well. So the summary is your swap works just fine.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(06-24-2018, 01:14 PM)robhal Wrote: @"Allen_Jo"
Hi there, and welcome Smile

Since Cammy doesn't have any weapon on her own, so when she is swapped to Menat or Falke, she also won't have any weapon (crystal ball or staff) as well. So the summary is your swap works just fine.

@"robhal"
Thanks for your time , there is only a little pity for me Sad Sad  . Anyway , thanks again  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 
[+] 1 user Likes Allen_Jo's post

so i was trying to swap BrutalAce's Chun Li WW mod https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-638899706 from C03 to C08 but i guess i failed since her normal C08 was still there

i tried doing a swap with her first costume and it did work so yay but does is there a list of what costume slots are swap-able and which ones are not?

@"youngmoist"

Swaps don't work on some slots but they do work successfully on C1 to C4, that's pretty much guaranteed for every character. @"robhal" can tell you better about rest of the slots.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"youngmoist"
Basically all costume slots starting on C10 and up, those can't be swapped out or in. Here is the list (copied directly from the first post of my thread)

Quote:NOTE3: Atm I can't swap Chun-Li's B-Girl costume because the files are weird, no solution yet. Also the same situation with her Vacation + Sleepwear + Undercover + SpecialForces + Training + Wedding + June Crossover costumes.
NOTE4: Same reason like NOTE3 above, I also can't swap Cammy's Dolls+CannonSpike and Karin's Work costume.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

(07-17-2018, 03:03 AM)robhal Wrote: @"youngmoist"
Basically all costume slots starting on C10 and up, those can't be swapped out or in. Here is the list (copied directly from the first post of my thread)

Quote:NOTE3: Atm I can't swap Chun-Li's B-Girl costume because the files are weird, no solution yet. Also the same situation with her Vacation + Sleepwear + Undercover + SpecialForces + Training + Wedding + June Crossover costumes.
NOTE4: Same reason like NOTE3 above, I also can't swap Cammy's Dolls+CannonSpike and Karin's Work costume.

so i read through ur swap guide to see any other exceptions to costume slots but i couldnt see if the Chun's Suzaku and RedBull outfits are swap-able, are those swap-able? that costume was what i was originally trying to swap over

@"youngmoist"
I didn't mention those costumes because they aren't usable for us PC users; and anyway since they occupy the C10+ slot (Suzaku is C19 and RedBull is C21), they can't be swapped either.

Recently I've been trying to swap several Ibuki mods to other female characters, but when I'm done, there's always a square behind the character, which only happens when Ibuki swaps to other characters, so I guess it's probably the Ibuki"s kite that caused the square problem, and whether there's one Ways to solve this problem, thanks first......

@"Angel's Modz"

I didn't got tagged/alert for some reason. I am gonna reply you when I get back from work.

@"Allen_Jo"

The square is indeed her kite, not sure if there is a way to fix it though. I haven't nodded Ibuki yet.

@"Angel's Modz" lol sorry for missing out...

I hope you figured the issue out.

@"BrutalAce" I was able to convert several MODs successfully. But I had a problem with some MODs, for example the ( Chunli Sparring Costume ) ( https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-622354858 ) that you have fixed the problem after Coddy recently, when I try to convert it to C1 or C2 it restores the problem after Coddy