Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

XNALara to StreetFighterV Modding Tutorial

@"BrutalAce"

Watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BsLNnqMtwM0
[Image: fate_apocrypha___jeanne_d_arc_render_111...cp3cq5.png]
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

@"Ecchi Gamer"
@"sonicprogrammer"

Have you guys changed your FBX exporter in Blender ? Not sure if I told any of you about it.

@"BrutalAce"

What do you mean
I haven't changed it
 Patreon  ||   Deviantart  (Make sure to tell that this donation is for ecchi gamer in the description)

@"Ecchi Gamer" I think I am. The swimsuit was black originally, but it has one for specular that I'd apply if I knew how. I think I slightly messed up her top where it goes under her right arm though. When she goes up for the shouken when facing right, you can see that it's a little thicker height-wise than the other side. Or is it just me? 0.o

@"BrutalAce" Sure, man. I'll take one soon. I'm pretty sure there's like one thing we aren't toggling on somewhere. It's definitely gotta be small.

As for my speedy learning, I am fairly intuitive with computers/these programs from college about 10 years ago. But the big chunk of learning this came from all you guys. ^^

I did actually think about what it'd take to make a tool that'd convert psk to fbx. I'd need to know the exact possible file structure of both and then write a standalone tool or plugin for blender that could do it with all available options that modders would want. Programming ain't really my thing, but I understand the main points of what's needed. I'm so out of practice with programming and making a tool like that would've been hard for me even in my prime knowledge and ability of it. ^^; But someone out there can definitely do it. ^^
"Never give up! この道を進むのみ!" -sonicprogrammer
[Image: ryu.jpg]
Paypal || DeviantArt 

(06-13-2018, 11:19 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Ecchi Gamer"
@"sonicprogrammer"

Have you guys changed your FBX exporter in Blender ? Not sure if I told any of you about it.

Oh, I haven't done anything with the FBX exporter in blender either. Here's the picture:

https://sonicprogrammer.deviantart.com/a...1528960123
Paypal || DeviantArt 

@"Ecchi Gamer"
@"sonicprogrammer"

Okay so I think I forgot to share this with you guys, while exporting FBX file from your Blender you need old FBX exporter that used to come with Blender 2.74. All new FBX exporters have an issue that mess up bone hierarchy and that might be the reason why you guys are facing this issue. The problem is quite sneaky and tend to cause different issues with different characters.

In order to solve it first download this

https://mega.nz/#!W91xSBZS!lfzU7TY0BwVjo...qEOvkXvvlU

Then go to your Blender installation directory and find the folder scripts -> addons here you'll see a folder named io_scene_fbx, you should either delete this or back it up somewhere safe (your choice) then put the io_scene_fbx available in the downloaded archive there.

Now run Blender, export your FBX and see if it works fine. In order to be safe I suggest you make some brand new mod after you changed the exporter because it might not fix your existing saved Blender files, you can certainly try and if it doesn't fix your existing files then let me know and I'll tell you another way to fix them.
[+] 4 users Like BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce" Thanks a bunch! @"Segadordelinks" also shared something with me on DA that sounded similar to this. I'll check it out soon. Thanks to both of you! Big Grin
Paypal || DeviantArt 
[+] 1 user Likes sonicprogrammer's post

@"BrutalAce"

i tried you blender script to export a mod for ryu
when i import the character in blender it loads correctly
i don't have to scale it to the size of armature anymore

i export it using scale 1.0 and import it in unreal engine using scale 1.0

the character is really small 
almost the size of an insect
WHAT DID I MISS?

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Before exporting did you selected the armature and changed it's scale to 1.0 ? Because if you select the character mesh then his/her scale will be 1.0 but if you select armature then the scale will be 0.025. You need to make it 1.0. It will enlarge both the armature and character then you can export it.

(06-24-2018, 07:13 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Ecchi Gamer"

Before exporting did you selected the armature and changed it's scale to 1.0 ? Because if you select the character mesh then his/her scale will be 1.0 but if you select armature then the scale will be 0.025. You need to make it 1.0. It will enlarge both the armature and character then you can export it.

@"BrutalAce"

how do i make the armature scale 1.0

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Same way you scale mesh, select armature in object mode, press N to bring transform properties panel then you'll see scale values for X, Y and Z, make them all 1.0

(04-20-2018, 04:25 AM)Ecchi Gamer Wrote: where can i get the fbx file for nude cammy? awesome tutorial btw you've inspired me to start modding myself!

@"riceBoi"

that cammy mod is by brutalace
download link https://www.deviantart.com/brutalace/art...-746699003

this is going to be a pak file
how to extract it and convert to fbx so you can import it in blender
watch part 0 of my tutorial

Hello thee man, thank you for taking out time and making this tutorial for us noobs out there. Really appreciate your wrk and the uncle festor's work.

I have a question, how can I keep the original body from the game of any character or from a mod from any modder and just swap the head with any of the characters available for XNA Lara?

@"Ecchi gamer"

First of all, thaks for making these tutorials.  Secondly, I wanted to mention one thing, even though this is an older thread, that might help other people. In the fourth video (#3, at this time, you are talking about .tga files and saving them as 24 or 32 bits, and how it doesn't make a difference, but were also confused as to why there were transparency issues.  Photoshop has long had a history with .TGA files.  One nice thing about them is that they support transparency, an alpha channel, like .png files.  The # of bits you decide to save it as actually DOES matter, as that will determine if is saves the alpha channel or not.  Think of it like RGBA, where each color channel is 8 bits.  With saving a 24 bit TGA in Photoshop, you will get RGB channels, and no alpha channel.  With 32 bit saving, you will be getting RGBA, so it includes the alpha (A) channel as well.  As I use GIMP, and it does not have this issue, in PS, you have to make sure you manually set the 32-bit saving if you want an alpha channel.  You may know this now, but hopefully it can be helpful to anyone else going through this tutorial, so I thought I'd share.