Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Model Swapping Tutorial

In this tutorial, we are going to swap one item from one character to another. The example I will do is give Lili's ruffled bikini skirt to Nina.

first thing you need to do is extract all of the games pak files which is located in TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks.

you will need a tool which can be found here, provided by moddah and aluigi

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8d2lods3y...ngTools.7z

1) Put the .pak files in the quickbms folder

2) Click on extract-all_4gb_files.bat

3) When prompted, press RETURN to extract without encryption 
(it will ask you before each pak, so 3 times for Tekken7)

4) Find your extracted files in the "out" directory

Once the extraction of files is complete, we will need to browse its content for the files we want to swap around.

There are 3 files we need to swap. the CI file which is the main mesh file, the CCI file which controls the colour customization of the mesh, and the CUS_ITEM which is the icon for the file in customization.

First we must decide what item we want to swap, and what item to replace. In this example, we will take Lili's ruffled bikini skirt and give it to Nina by replacing her Hot Pants item.

to do this, we need to download FluffyQuack's renaming tool here

http://www.fluffyquack.com/WIP/UassetRenamer.exe

first we collect the 3 Lili files we want and the 3 Nina files we want to replace, and place them in the same folder as the renaming tool

the CI file we will get from TekkenGame\Content\Character\Item\CharacterItem

once you get to that folder, you will see a bunch of 3 letter folders. These 3 letters represent the character. some are obvious, a couple are not. here is a list of all the character codes also provided by FluffyQuack

Show ContentSpoiler:

now we know Lili is LIL. So we open the LIL folder and have a choice for different customization sections. Since we want the skirt, that is a Lower item, so we open the LOWER folder.

now we copy the CI file we need to the renaming tool folder. Some files are obviously named, some are not. For Lili's skirt, its called CI_lil_bdl_ruffle_bikini.uasset

Now go back to the character code folder and this time, go in Nina's folder which is NIN. Then go into its LOWER folder and get the CI file you want to replace. We will be replacing her Hot Pants, so the file name for that is CI_nin_bdl_suit_pants_sh.uasset. Copy it to the renaming tool folder.

Now we will do the exact same thing for the CCI file which have the same names. The CCI file is located in TekkenGame\Content\Character\Item\Customize

go into LIL\LOWER for CCI_lil_bdl_ruffle_bikini.uasset and NIN\LOWER for CCI_nin_bdl_suit_pants_sh.uasset and copy both to the renaming tool folder.

This third file is optional since its just the customization item icon, but its recommended since it will make it easier to find your mod in the customization menu.

The CUS_ITEM files are located in TekkenGame\Content\UI_common\Texture2D\ReplaceImages\CUS_ITEM

go into LIL for CUS_ITEM_LIL_BDL_RUFFLE_BIKINI.uasset and NIN for CUS_ITEM_NIN_BDL_SUIT_PANTS_SH.uasset and copy both to the renaming tool folder.

now your renaming tool folder should look like this

[Image: TFxDm83.jpg]

we will start with the CCI files. double click UassetRenamer.exe. you will be prompted to ask for a file. we must choose the file you want to replace, which is CCI_nin_bdl_suit_pants_sh.uasset

[Image: Y8IiiPw.jpg]

then you are prompted to choose the file you want, which is CCI_lil_bdl_ruffle_bikini.uasset

[Image: NG41Jd0.jpg]

you will now have a new file called CCI_nin_bdl_suit_pants_sh-new.uasset

[Image: LIDUBuu.jpg]

Do the same thing with the CI and CUS_ITEM files.

[Image: Q67CkCu.jpg]

Now delete all the old files, and remove the -new from all the files names.

Now we need to create the folder structure to place this files in. It is very important to make sure you don't make a typo in any folder name or the file wont get recognized.

start by making a folder with the mod name (No spaces allowed) We will call this NinaSkirtBikini

in the NinaSkirtBikini folder, we will make the folder paths for are files, which are

TekkenGame\Content\Character\Item\CharacterItem\NIN\LOWER which you will put your new CI_nin_bdl_suit_pants_sh.uasset file

TekkenGame\Content\Character\Item\Customize\NIN\LOWER which you will put your new CCI_nin_bdl_suit_pants_sh.uasset file

TekkenGame\Content\UI_common\Texture2D\ReplaceImages\CUS_ITEM\NIN which you will put your new CUS_ITEM_NIN_BDL_SUIT_PANTS_SH.uasset

now we will put our NinaSkirtBikini folder into the u4pak folder from the first tool you downloaded in this tutorial. This tool needs to be located somewhere with no spaces in the folder name.(eg. E:\Old Documents\tekken\Tekken7_ModdingTools\u4pak will not work but E:\OldDocuments\tekken\Tekken7_ModdingTools\u4pak will work)

[Image: gVoZTys.jpg]

Then drag the NinaSkirtBikini folder into the DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE.bat

[Image: mOvTq7r.jpg]

you will see a prompt, just press enter twice.

now in the tool's pak folder, a NinaSkirtBikini.pak file is created. That is your mod. to use it in game, copy it to TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks\~mods (you will need to make the ~mods folder)

Now run the game and see your mod

[Image: tekken_7_nina_ruffled_bikini_skirt_by_bb...bfmmhr.jpg]

mod can be downloaded here

https://bbbsfxt.deviantart.com/art/Tekke...-691377759
[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

is there a video showing on how to install these mods it looks complicated

(09-14-2017, 10:20 AM)SFCOOL Wrote: is there a video showing on how to install these mods it looks complicated

you just have to make a ~mods folder in Steam\steamapps\common\TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks and put the mods in there

(09-15-2017, 03:34 AM)bbb Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 10:20 AM)SFCOOL Wrote: is there a video showing on how to install these mods it looks complicated

you just have to make a ~mods folder in Steam\steamapps\common\TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks and put the mods in there

Ah I see sorry, I read over it to quick.
[+] 1 user Likes SFCOOL's post

I've tried doing this, and know Tekken 7 can't launch anymore. It might be because i took the extracted the files and put them in the game folder. Was i not supposed to do that?

(09-15-2017, 05:17 PM)Spooker Wrote: I've tried doing this, and know Tekken 7 can't launch anymore. It might be because i took the extracted the files and put them in the game folder. Was i not supposed to do that?

no you were not, the extracted files were supposed to be kept in a separate location to be used only to obtain files to edit.

(09-16-2017, 03:44 AM)bbb Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 05:17 PM)Spooker Wrote: I've tried doing this, and know Tekken 7 can't launch anymore. It might be because i took the extracted the files and put them in the game folder. Was i not supposed to do that?

no you were not, the extracted files were supposed to be kept in a separate location to be used only to obtain files to edit.

So, do i have any options for fixing this, other than reinstalling the game? I don't want to reinstall, since it takes an insane amount of time.

(09-16-2017, 01:57 PM)Spooker Wrote:

So, do i have any options for fixing this, other than reinstalling the game? I don't want to reinstall, since it takes an insane amount of time.

other then reinstall or manually removing the files, I'm not sure

(09-16-2017, 06:11 PM)bbb Wrote:

Welp, looks like i'm done with Tekken 7. I've reinstalled the game, and it hasn't changed anything.

(09-17-2017, 03:40 PM)Spooker Wrote:

Welp, looks like i'm done with Tekken 7. I've reinstalled the game, and it hasn't changed anything.

did you delete the folder before reinstalling? usually when you uninstall, it leaves behind all the files that are not part of the installation.

(09-18-2017, 02:26 AM)bbb Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 03:40 PM)Spooker Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 03:44 AM)bbb Wrote: no you were not, the extracted files were supposed to be kept in a separate location to be used only to obtain files to edit.

did you delete the folder before reinstalling? usually when you uninstall, it leaves behind all the files that are not part of the installation.

I haven't done that. I'm gonna try it when i get home from school. There might still be hope...

@"bbb"
It's been a long time now, but i just wanted to get back to you, because i never got Tekken 7 to work again. I remember that i took your advice and deleted the tekken folder. And by that i mean, the ENTIRE game folder. Was i not supposed to do that? Which specific folder am i supposed to delete?

@"Spooker"

yes, the entire tekken 7 folder had to be deleted before reinstalling the game. if you are still getting problems after that then im not sure what is causing it.

@"bbb"
Just wanted to let you know, i got the game to work by removing the ~mods folder from the game files. I had tried to swap Leo's karate pants to Lucky Chloe as a test, and i believe the problem is that the files classify Leo as male, while Chloe is female. Anyway, thanks for the support you've been providing.
[+] 1 user Likes Spooker's post

Can you use the wings of the devil Jin on other characters?