Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

how i mod SKIN/TEXTURE

here are the basic tools i use to mod SKIN/TEXTURE :
• Photoshop
NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop
T7-Extracting-Tools (thx to bbb)
Texture Extracting Tool (thx to Unclefestor)
Updated Texture Extracting Tool Script
Umodel

[PREPARATION]
1. download the NVIDIA texture tool, the T7 extracting tools, and Texture Extracting Tool (duh) and place them somewhere at least with 50GB space.
a. install both 32bit and 64bit drivers (dont know why, but that works for me)
b. there will be 4 folders "quickbms" "u4pak" "Tekken7Textures" "umodel" after extracting the files download from the link i provided.
c. copy the updated script of "tk7_Texture_Extractor_Updated" into "Tekken7Textures" folder, or it will not work properly.
d. it would be easier if you put all the tools in a folder that has shorter path, but not compulsory. mine is "E:\TEMP"
[Image: ITVJ5bQ.jpg]

[THE FIRST EXTRACTION - quickbms]
2. copy all the paks file from "..\steamapps\common\TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks" into "quickbms" folder and extract the paks using "extract-all_4gb_files.bat"

[Image: yKnukPR.jpg]

a. extracting takes time, if the extraction ask for anything, type nothing, just press enter
b. Paks will be extracted into "out" folder, content of the "out" folder is as below

[Image: xlev0ew.jpg]

c. place the extracted content "quickbms\out"to somewhere convinient, my choice is put the folder besides the other tools
d. i rename the "out" folder to something unique so i can recognize the content

[Image: VrxhTuP.jpg]

[MESSING WITH THE FILE - Tekken7Textures]
3. navigate to the path of file that is viewable by umodel (if the file is viwable by umodel, most probably it can be mod using this method)

[Image: MfzQTHY.jpg]
[Image: vlH7111.jpg]

a. copy the file you want to mod into "Tekken7Textures\input", in this case its "T_CH_elz_body_D.uasset"

[Image: 0eraWyA.jpg]

b. execute the "1_export.bat" to extract the texture file, extracted textures will be located in "texture folder"
c. use photoshop to open the DDS file in the "texture" folder and edit away

[Image: DfDscnu.jpg]
[Image: 2dzA2qL.jpg]

d. before saving the files make sure what type of FORMAT you were messing with
(DXT1 alpha with no transparent part / DXT5 alpha with transparent part)

[Image: NgXlKtu.jpg]

NOTE: the graphic it has to be flattened into 1 layer

[Image: 69pVhWt.jpg]

e. choose no MIP maps before saving, and edit all other DDS files of different resolution in the "MIPS" folder

[Image: x77E8zm.jpg]

TIPS: just resize this DDS file into their respective MIPS resolution so you dont need to redo all the works again for each file, just remember to use their special file name for each resolution

[Image: 0nTJLUp.jpg]

f. after you done saving, go to the "Tekken7Texture\Scripts" folder, edit this line in "inject.bms" to the same name as the file in "input", in this case its "T_CH_elz_body_D.uasset"

[Image: 5qdC16p.jpg]

g. save the "inject.bms" and go back to "Tekken7Texture", execute "2_inject.bat" to reconstruct the files you edited into a usable file, the newly constructed file will be inside "output" folder

[Image: m9EQkJt.jpg]

NOTE: ignore the "*.last" file, pick the "*.uasset" file
h. continue editing other related files until you get the full set of mod

[Image: niH8Edv.jpg]

i. take your newly made "T_CH_elz_body_D.uasset" and the rest to "u4pak"

[PACKING THE FILE - u4pak]
1. make a folder, name it the way you like how your mod should look like.

[Image: 3MzA3Tx.jpg]

2. inside the mod folder construct the folder structure just like the place you get the "T_CH_elz_body_D.uasset" from, in this case its "COLOR-TAT\TekkenGame\Content\Character\Common\shader\Texture\skin\elz"

[Image: E3SvuiD.jpg]

3. back to the "u4pak" folder drag the "COLOR-TAT" to "DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE" and witness the born of your MOD

[FINAL STEP - mods folder]
a. your mod will be in "u4pak\pak" folder

[Image: 4twCPBF.jpg]

b. copy that COLOR-TAT.pak into "..\steamapps\common\TEKKEN 7\TekkenGame\Content\Paks\~mods" folder
c. if no such "~mods" folder exist, create one now (duh) and put the COLOR-TAT.pak inside
d. open the game and look at the result of your texture mod

[Image: qa6nonA.jpg]

just sharing, i may not immediately have the time to answer your question (if any)
this tutorial might looks a bit long, but it is quite easy, ok, take care.
[+] 3 users Like 9876789's post

Hi, and thanks for the tutorial. Unfortunately, something went wrong, because at step 2b, I only have 2 folders in the one called "out" and I don't know why. I have installed the NVidia texture tool (both 32 and 64 bit), and every other soft as well, so I don't know what to do to fix this problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

(08-06-2018, 04:10 AM)Hanbei Wrote: Hi, and thanks for the tutorial. Unfortunately, something went wrong, because at step 2b, I only have 2 folders in the one called "out" and I don't know why. I have installed the NVidia texture tool (both 32 and 64 bit), and every other soft as well, so I don't know what to do to fix this problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

can you show me what is the content in the out folder ?

anyway, i have no problem extracting using the batch file, you sure you have all the pak files in the same folder ?

if you dont mind, show me step by step using picture how you extract. it will accurately tell me how to help.
for now, the only reason i can think of, is you didn't extract all the paks.

look at the picture, there are 5 paks, meaning in order to fully extracting them, you need to press "enter" 5 times.

@9876789 [b]Thank you for this informative tutorial. Do you think these steps will also work for the new Soul Calibur 6?[/b]

(10-19-2018, 03:31 PM)TheHonnSolo Wrote: @9876789 [b]Thank you for this informative tutorial. Do you think these steps will also work for the new Soul Calibur 6?[/b]

i do not have that game to test, and i dont think it will be 100% compatible.

you better check with related SC6 subforum or check with the mod tool maker to see if they make one for SC6
[+] 1 user Likes 9876789's post

Can this work without photoshop?

Is there a different program besides photoshop?

(06-05-2019, 04:47 PM)Robin911 Wrote: Can this work without photoshop?

as long as the app can open and edit DDS file
plus saving them in DXT1 or DXT5 format

(06-05-2019, 04:47 PM)Robin911 Wrote: Can this work without photoshop?

as long as the picture editor app can open DDS file, save it in both DXT1 and DXT5 format, i assume it is okay.

How do i do this for other girls?

(04-18-2020, 01:10 AM)thedeathnot Wrote: How do i do this for other girls?

find their skin MI and trace the DDS it uses.

bookmarked