Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Tutorial] How To Make and Import Custom BGM

Edit: 
Make a backup copy of your Pakchunk0.pak before doing this.  After you modify all the .uexp files you want and inject them into pakchunk0 you can rename it to something else like "BGM_P.pak".  Doing this and putting it in the ~mods folder along with a "BGM_P.sig" will allow you to play online.  Of course you will need a copy of your original unmodified pakchunk0 in the paks folder.  

FruitMage made a program that handles the extraction and injection of audio files.  
https://gamebanana.com/tools/6358

Original Post:
You will need a hex editor, Audacity, and some other tools.  You will also need to have already done most of the stuff in that "How to Mod FighterZ" video from the other thread.  The song that you use has to be the same size or smaller than the file you're replacing.  

Downloads:
Hacked DBFighterZ.exe and QuickBMS
Audacity
HxD

Step 1:
Open your song in Audacity.  After it's open go to "Effect" at the top and then click "Amplify".  Click ok.  Doing that returns your song to its original volume.  After that delete any silence the song may have at the beginning. 

Show ContentSpoiler:
In that example the song has 5.5 seconds of silence.  Also do the same thing if there's any silence at the end of the song.  Some may have a few seconds.  This is to make the song sound better when looping.  

Step 2
Save the song as an .ogg file.  You do this by clicking "File" at the top.  Then "Export Audio".  In "Save As Type" choose ".ogg vorbis".  Any quality is fine but if the song is too big you may have to lower the quality a bit. 

Step 3:
The only file you have to replace is the .uexp file of your choice.  So if you would like to change the Title screen BGM you would choose 017_sto_title.uexp.  To replace a .uexp file you have to open it in a hex editor and replace some hex.  

Step 4
Open up your .ogg file in a Hex editor.  Then click "Edit" and choose "Select All".  After that right click and copy.

Step 5
Open up the .uexp that you would like to replace.  I would suggest using the Title Screen for testing until you get the hang of this since it's the first song you hear.  In the .uexp of your choice find the first "Oggs" in hex.  Most of the songs in game have it at Dx9 in hex but there are a few exceptions so don't just assume it's at Dx9 all the time.

Show ContentSpoiler:
Once you know where the first Oggs is highlight the "O" with your mouse and right click.  Then choose "Select Block".  Make a mental note of the "Start Offset" in the case of this picture the "Start Offset" would be at D9.  

Step 6:
Scroll ALL THE WAY to the bottom of the file in Hex and then highlight the last offset.  The absolute end of the file.  
Show ContentSpoiler:
After it's highlighted right click it and select the block.  Now the start offset is at the end of the file.  Do you remember the Start offset from Step 5?  Type that in where it says "Start Offset.  

Step 7
Paste all the hex that you copied from your .ogg file in step 4.  If you did it right you should see a bunch of red digits.  Just save the file and close it.  

Step 8
If you followed the video on how to install mods from the other thread then you should already have the cracked .exe and quick bms among other things.  You should have also used quick BMS to extract the contents of the .pak files to even get the .uexp.  Anyway go to where quickbms and your .pak files are.  

Step 9
Make a folder where your .pak files and quick bms is located.  Name the folder "RED" then inside "RED" make another folder.  Name this one "Content".  Inside "Content" make another folder.  Name this folder "Audio".  Inside of Audio make ANOTHER folder.  Name this one "BGM".  That's it for folder making.  

Step 10
Put your modified .uexp file in the BGM folder.  

Step 11
Open the "reimport.bat" I'll show you how my .pak folder looks so you can make sure you have everything in the right place. 
Show ContentSpoiler:
Repeat the exact same steps you did to extract from the .pak files.  That's it.  Literally the same exact steps for extracting are what you do to repack.  

Step 12:
If you did everything right then you should be able to hear your custom BGM at the title screen.  Replacing other songs follow the same process just make sure they're in the right folder when you repack them and also that they're not bigger than the file you're trying to replace.  

Example Video of Working Custom BGM:

[+] 2 users Like Asakim's post

Nice work.
[+] 1 user Likes Reboot's post

Following the instructions leads to the game having no sound except for voices, and some music. It says that it can't locate files DummySoundCue.uasset and ResolutionOutline.ResolutionOutline. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be wonderful.

(02-05-2018, 02:47 AM)kelanatr Wrote: Following the instructions leads to the game having no sound except for voices, and some music. It says that it can't locate files DummySoundCue.uasset and ResolutionOutline.ResolutionOutline. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be wonderful.

You have to delete "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor" and then verify your game data in steam so it redownloads it.  That's if you didn't backup that .pak.  If you backed it up beforehand just delete the one that's there and replace it with the original.

Was the song you used bigger than the song you replaced?  That could cause that.  A bad folder structure could cause that too.  Have you gotten music importing to work at all before?  

Try this download and let me know if you can get it to work.  Extract it to your paks folder and then go through the importing steps.  

1) open reimport.bat

2) Choose unreal_tournament_4.bms

3) Choose pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak

4) Then click save

5) Enter 11 for the right key

6) Press Y when it asks you if you want to use Experimental memory thing.

Photo 
[Image: GcQy_Js1aQmXYJj4rIXwLDcQsuJi4CXSTwPGY7TN...EMjJO=s157]So I followed all the instructions and managed to get my replaced track working, however after a few minutes this message keeps appearing about EasyAntiCheat and I'm not even online, Is there a way to fix this?

Hello Asakim,

Thank you for the tutorial, but it seems that i'm stucked somewhere.

1) I disabled anticheat
2) I downloaded the pack file with the modded exe and the quick bms
3) I replaced the original .exe by the modded one
3) I extracted with quick bms the content of the 2 .pak files from \Steam\steamapps\common\DRAGON BALL FighterZ\RED\Content\Paks (I can access to all the .uexp audio files)
4) I injected my .ogg file ready for injection with the injector tool from https://gamebanana.com/tools/6358
5) I have created the BGM folder and put my modified .uesp inside : \Pack\u4pak-master\RED\Content\Audio\BGM
5) I have opened reimport.bat
6) I choosed unreal_tournament_4.bms
7) I choosed pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak
8 ) Then choosed a save directory and click save
5) Entered 11 for the right key

I've got this error from reimport.bat :
[Image: 1518008576-reimport-error.png]

Do you have an idea why it's not working ?

Thank you for your help !

(02-07-2018, 05:37 AM)NinjaTrick Wrote: [Image: GcQy_Js1aQmXYJj4rIXwLDcQsuJi4CXSTwPGY7TN...EMjJO=s157]So I followed all the instructions and managed to get my replaced track working, however after a few minutes this message keeps appearing about EasyAntiCheat and I'm not even online, Is there a way to fix this?

That picture is too small.  I can't see what the error says.  Can you take a bigger one?  

(02-07-2018, 10:48 AM)Darkshakaa Wrote: Hello Asakim,

Thank you for the tutorial, but it seems that i'm stucked somewhere.

1) I disabled anticheat
2) I downloaded the pack file with the modded exe and the quick bms
3) I replaced the original .exe by the modded one
3) I extracted with quick bms the content of the 2 .pak files from \Steam\steamapps\common\DRAGON BALL FighterZ\RED\Content\Paks (I can access to all the .uexp audio files)
4) I injected my .ogg file ready for injection with the injector tool from https://gamebanana.com/tools/6358
5) I have created the BGM folder and put my modified .uesp inside : \Pack\u4pak-master\RED\Content\Audio\BGM
5) I have opened reimport.bat
6) I choosed unreal_tournament_4.bms
7) I choosed pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak
8 ) Then choosed a save directory and click save
5) Entered 11 for the right key

I've got this error from reimport.bat :
[Image: 1518008576-reimport-error.png]

Do you have an idea why it's not working ?

Thank you for your help !

I think you have the wrong BMS script.  It should look like this :

[Image: 7a08d2c4d0.png]

Try using this one.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fJtBfK...gJZJk-j0Pf

Hi
I change the ogg and repack but error when run the game

[Image: uu6v_untitled-1.jpg]

From step 11 I am completly lost. Could you tell me which folder and file I have to chose from there? I did watch the video for the mod but I am still lost. Sad
Also maybe you should make a video about how to import custom BGM, but it is just a recommandation.

(02-08-2018, 02:00 PM)troudux123 Wrote: From step 11 I am completly lost. Could you tell me which folder and file I have to chose from there? I did watch the video for the mod but I am still lost. Sad
Also maybe you should make a video about  how to  import custom BGM, but it is just a recommandation.

(02-08-2018, 01:22 PM)jalil123 Wrote: Hi

Do you have the hacked DBFighterZ.exe? And is your EasyAntiCheat uninstalled?

(02-08-2018, 03:09 PM)Asakim Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 02:00 PM)troudux123 Wrote: From step 11 I am completly lost. Could you tell me which folder and file I have to chose from there? I did watch the video for the mod but I am still lost. Sad
Also maybe you should make a video about  how to  import custom BGM, but it is just a recommandation.

(02-08-2018, 01:22 PM)jalil123 Wrote: Hi

Do you have the hacked DBFighterZ.exe?  And is your EasyAntiCheat uninstalled?

thanks for anser 
how hack dbfithterz.exe or other games

(02-08-2018, 03:24 PM)jalil123 Wrote: thanks for anser 

You need to watch this and download this: 
downloads

(02-08-2018, 04:13 PM)Asakim Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 03:24 PM)jalil123 Wrote: thanks for anser 

You need to watch this and download this: 
downloads

thanks

[Image: AIYgbrN.jpg]

So I managed to make it work, I was able to listen to my custom bgm for title screen, but then when I enter in the game and lobby, it shows this message. ( it is french, it says, easyanticheat error unknown version)

(02-09-2018, 01:39 AM)troudux123 Wrote: [Image: AIYgbrN.jpg]

So I managed to make it work, I was able to listen to my custom bgm for title screen, but then when I enter in the game and lobby, it shows this message. ( it is french, it says, easyanticheat error unknown version)

Your EasyAntiCheat is still on. You need to uninstall it and use the hacked DBFighterZ.exe.