Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Very Low Res Texture Swapping Issue

So pretty much ever since I started using mods in SFV I have noticed that depending on the stage and mod(s) in question I have serious texture issues. This manifests either as one of the two character's textures being very low resolution and surface shaders being non-existent, or an entire stages textures exhibiting the same issues.

I decided to plow through some more of the story recently and found that even when uninstalling/disabling all mods and then reinstalling the game completely there are still texture issues such as those I described in particular scenes.

The most notable I have seen is where Juri appears on her bike after the Cammy/Decapre fight. Environment textures continuously swap from extremely low res to higher quality throughout the scene; again, this is regardless of mods being used or not. 

I have a 980ti with 6GB of ram and SFV does not eat up a lot of it on its own. CPU is a 3570K OC'd to 4.2 Ghz and I do not have this problem with other games. 

Is anyone else experiencing these issues, and has someone figured out a fix for them? Any help would be appreciated.

Try this (I used to have the similar issue and this fix works wonderful)

How to fix any low res textures you gonna see when playing the game (eventhough already at max settings)
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"Mike Golf"

I can confirm what @"robhal" said, this fix works wonderfully and your system is pretty good, the problem isn't related to system specs, it's coming from the fact that Capcom decided to stream textures rather than bulk loading them in VRAM. UE4 provide streaming techniques that can save VRAM but results in texture popping, this is fine for PS4 but not for PC as we have plenty of graphic horsepower and VRAM and we should use that.

In order to check whether the fix is working or not, go to general story and pick Laura's part (Brazilian Heat) where she meets her brother and Ken, that part is worst affected by this issue but after doing the fix you will see all textures loading nicely.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

Thanks @"robhal" and @"BrutalAce" , that worked like a charm. These issues have genuinely kept me from playing at times, but now I can enjoy everyone’s mods in peace.
[+] 2 users Like Mike Golf's post

Just wanted to chime in and say that this also fixed the same issues I was having. Thanks!
[+] 2 users Like AzizLight's post