Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

SFV - General And Technical Discussion Thread

Now I'm wondering if there's one new challenger in each arcade and what are the the requirements. I was totally fuck this shit, not now! I want my name on the rankings!!!!!! Though I managed to beat him in one go, it was close. And in SFV I made a higher score, but didn't fight any secret challenge besides the bonus stage.
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]

I fought Shin Akuma on SFII route the first time I played the arcade and... I'd rather fight against Tokido, LOL.
But Akuma is a bad match up for Chun-Li per se, so no wonder he'd kick my ass.
[Image: chunlisign_zero77.jpg]

@"Z3R0-77"

Have you tried my trick ? I think arcade Shin Akuma has the same AI like extra battle Shin Akuma so the jump in technique can work on both, it's hard to succeed on first attempt but it works eventually when you get a bit more comfortable.

And yeah I agree that this fight is a scam because he pull off things that are otherwise not possible.
[+] 1 user Likes BrutalAce's post

@"BrutalAce"
No, I haven't but I could try in the near future, when I feel like. We all know AI is cheap and read your inputs but you can imagine my face when right after a random Kikoken he hit me with his Shun Goku Satsu or Raging Demon, if you want, doing like 70% of damage that killed me, ofc.
Ridiculous!
[Image: chunlisign_zero77.jpg]

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger...de-edition

1. Extra battle for getting the first piece of Chun-Li's June Crossover costume start on Feb 15th (or 16th depends on timezone)
2. Two extra battles for fighting the Shadaloo Soldiers are also on schedule, the first one (Upper Class) starts on Feb 15th and the second one (Experienced) starts on Feb 22nd. Judging from their ranks, looks like a tough fight to come.
3. The extra battle for getting some MH collab stuff also begins on Feb 27th with chance to get the "Proof of a Hero" BGM (the timeframe to get this particular item is very long, from Feb 27th to April 12nd).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

So I played or tried to today and found the soldier to be not so difficult. He did gave me trouble the first time and I almost lost with Sakura - haven't even done her story mode yet, if not for a hail mary ex dp with less 20sec left and grey life hitting the magic pixel. Though when I fought him again, with Urien vt2 this, he was pummeled and I'm far from being any kind of good with him. Tried again with Kolin and I felt sorry for him, since his moves are quite predictable and the AI always goes for the same set up, with some v-skills and punishes, he was down pretty fast. Was kinda expecting another scam fight, so after I almost lost with Sakura, had the light prepared, but didn't even need to use with the others.

And the weird crossplay Chun was the easiest fight I've had in quite some time, now. I mean, not even the story mode was THAT easy. Was Rashid easy, too?

By the end of the day, I got myself a good return of fm from what I invested in those fights. When it's not a scam, it sure is easy to earn fm with these 'challenges'. If they remove the fight scam, but keep the half fm challenge, it wouldn't be so bad, though with the fight scam and halved fm, that shit is low Capcom tier business.

Now, wondering if I should buy Blanka. He looks too damn cute in his story costume, this old man has a soft spot for fugly weird stuffed things, lol.

@"FvckBringeR"

I lost to him first time but won in other two attempts, I am pretty sure he has something fishy because he was blocking confirms that should connect but anyway it doesn't feel that unfair. As for Rashid costume, yes he was very easy and the new Chunli one is also easy, that's a surprising change really but a good one.

Speaking of Rashid, you didn't got his costume ?

Yea, being totally honest, the only thing I like 'bout Rashid is this epic arrange. Otherwise, I don't care about him at all, it's not like I hate or dislike him, just doesn't care. Other character I don't care is Ibuki, since 3rd Strike, actually since her first appearance in the franchise, but Khaled is making me at least give her some time with all them awesome mods he's putting out for her.

And I don't even know what Viewtful Joe is, if that's how it's spelled. I wouldn't try Chun's either, but since I have every single damn costume of hers, even the awful b-girl, I said, fvck it, let's give a try. If I lose, I won't try a second time. Weird costume, not ugly, just weird, imo.
-
Yea, these extra battles have some 'strange' frames to say the least. Like, things they should be minus and fully punishable, they're plus and keep the pressure up. This soldier had a fake string that almost got me in the first try, like I said, if not for the ex dp I'd have lost. Then it was quite cheap with Urien vt2 and easy with Kolin, since I knew I could punish him after the same set up and I knew when he'd do it, so I could parry with v-skill or counter with frost touch. But Bison and Akuma were quite the struggle, even knowing their gimmicks and set moves, one mistake and there went the fm; lost once with Gief against Akuma and I think three times playing Laura vt2 against Bison and four or five times with Sakura - though I got the fm back 'cause I haven't done anything with her, I was seriously considering using the light; Bison strings were just too much and Sakura's vr isn't that good, + I'm all kinds of fvcked up to play a new character with different mechanics, lol.

Anyways, these past few months I couldn't really enjoy the game, even after the patch to AE version, but I'm glad that we have more options to play offline, even if they don't reward fm. And some arts are pretty good, at least the ones I got from ending SFV and SFIV arcade modes with Kolin and Cammy were quite nice, don't know if you get different ones if you don't play the secret boss/new challenger, though. Some of these days I'll try to spend at least 1h playing and see if I like Sakura and can re-enjoy the game as I previously did in s1;

BTW, Laura now feels much more fun and smoother to play as, I'm no good at all, but with her vt2 I had some nice sets against Bison and the cpu while doing the weekly challenges. Still feel like an overhead being also an aa AND v-skill is quite cheap, but she feels much more fun and fair now. Gief - that people said was nerfed to death - still feels cheap af and couldn't believe his vt2 is only 2 bars. I'll refrain speaking of Abigail, though. A crazy self-drive truck shouldn't be in a street fight, to begin with. Rashid feels way too op, though. Haven't fought anyone, but seeing Gachikun, Moke and all Rashid army at evo and other tourneys, can't shake the feeling that he was buffed when he was already pretty good and didn't need changes, buffs or nerfs. Strange as it is, don't have fun playing the game, but I can have my share of a good time watching good players/streams/tournaments. Go figure, lol.

Credits to @"THEJAMK" Cool
[+] 2 users Like MiChOcO's post

Nice vid, @"MiChOcO" . You know, now it dawned on me, if you post your vids at modshowcase thread, won't it get more views?

BTW, how you liking Blanka so far? I got him today, like, 2h ago while I tested a mod and took the opportunity to lvl him up fighting the silver soldier. My man, I don't offline, my online he's gonna be hellish with all dem rolls. Beat the damn soldier doing that, and when the charge wasn't ready, electrics and he as done in no time and Blanka now is lvl 22 and I didn't even bother with his trials or story mode. Is he good, in your opinion?

@"FvckBringeR" Now you're mentioning it, yes it makes sense I should have posted it on the Mods Showcase section  Wink
Blanka was my 3rd main in SF4 so obviously I'm glad he's back and I really like the character. His normals are okay, not bad but not amazing either because they're kinda slow but, they have a good range so you just need to work a little bit your spacing, as a Bison player it won't be too difficult to me at least. He has invincible reversals with his EX Vertical Rolling, so some respect is required from the opponent once he's knockdown. And he has plenty of mixups, that's his strength. Especially with that new command grab and those two different VTs with their different properties and others added to his Step Back Rolling.
We'll have to see him in major tournaments but I think he has the potential to be TOP 10 to me.
[+] 1 user Likes MiChOcO's post

Top10? That's pretty damn good! Considering not many dlc characters were even near that in their launch - and seeing how everyone's being putting Sakura into trash already. Anyways, it's Ono's char, so he's bound to be good, somehow, lol. Jokes aside, kinda like him, but I myself won't be playing him, unless I go for the troll plushie costume, that shit is glorious.

PSA: Don't forget to do this week Extra Battles if you want to get the following:
1. 4th piece of Chun-Li's June costume
2. 2nd piece of Ibuki's Kirin Armor costume
3. 1st piece of R.Mika's Zinogre Armor costume

This week, hope you guys have around 10k FM to try the Extra Battles to get these things:
1. 1st piece of Nash's Captain Commando costume
2. 1st piece of Ken's Rathalos Armor costume
3. 2nd piece of R.Mika's Zinogre Armor costume
4. 3rd piece of Ibuki's Kirin Armor costume

If you need some extra FM, there is new set of weekly missions to do starting today.

Alright, Ken's nice and all, but I won't be spending anything on him. Fought him the other day thinking it was for the damn costume, it was for some song that I never listen in game. And that got me tilted 'cause I lost the first fight, then I lost against the other Chun, though I did win the next tries, I felt shame and embarrassment for a whole life time. Didn't lost against Ibuki and almost had my what little left I had of dignity stolen by Mika, got lucky that the AI sometimes keeps jumping around you and I raised with all my might - 3x 'cause the first two I missed - and ex dp to that ass beat.

So, only Ibuki and Mika this time, and only the mah honor, lol.

Hell, I'm rusty af, can't even confirm the mp+bhp into dp with Sakura, funny thing is, the flashy vt2 combo I do it all the time, tsc.

Rants off, tip for everybody, don't try to play fighting games when you're high, you can barely feel your fingers. And this old man is only tripping like that 'cause of the strong meds doctors have prescribed, anyways, don't do drugs, even the legal ones. Their bad even when it's supposed to be good. T__T

Thanks Rob, for reminding me. If you don't mind, could do that weekly reminder you used to before? Telling us which mission is on + this extra battles? I ask you this 'cause I'm barely booting the game. Only when I'm not sure of some mod and have to test it. If you still have problems, don't mind me, though. It's just laziness of my part either way. ^^
[+] 1 user Likes FvckBringeR's post