Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

SFV - General And Technical Discussion Thread

@"bbb"
Ah yes I forgot that again, just like the cover pic you want to choose in order to attract people to visit your page, this is similar case as well because you gotta submit the design that you think many people will like it and thus will vote for yours. Anyway bro, it's a good decision to submit that way. Go for it Smile

@"sleepy_scrub"
Part of me also want to see the next-gen of Street Fighter game coming soon too, but I suppose (like you as well) due to the world situation atm maybe that is the cause of Capcom opt for making another season of SFV instead of maybe revealing the news for SF6. As for the new chars, I still hope for Fei Long and Makoto (doesn't matter if they are not the first one to be revealed).

About SF6 use Denuvo and it will affect modding, just like @"bbb" said it should not like that way as many games that use Denuvo (such as Tekken 7, MGS Phantom Pain, etc) still have a lot of mods.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

that is what I will do. It should bring the maximum amount of votes since most like it without, but some also would probably vote for it only for the tattoos maybe.

@"robhal" @"sleepy_scrub"

I may be in the minority, but I much prefer they continue sf5 then make sf6. sf5 doesn't look dated, so i see no reason for 6. And what would 6 bring exactly? slightly better graphics and 3/4 of the roster removed? It's the most annoying part of a fighting game sequel, then unnecessary removal of characters.

EDIT -

Now I'm not so sure I want to submit it. reading the rules and such. they want my personal information. they are making a big deal about copyright infringement (that hair is still very similar to the original source). Plus I am already grounds for disqualification because I wasn't supposed to post it anywhere publicly, which I just did here.

also wtf is this?

If a Canadian resident is selected to win a Prize, that person must also answer correctly, within a 5 minute time period, a mathematical skill-testing question, without the benefit of any calculating devices, before the Prize will be awarded. Other laws of the country where an Entrant resides (outside of Canada and the U.S.A.) may also apply to the Contest.

without a calculator? how will they know? do I have to do this in person or live streamed?
[+] 2 users Like BBB's post

@"bbb"
Damn, the rules are so complicated especially for Canadian like yours (indeed wtf with that weird rule).
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

@"robhal"

I really don't know, the only thing I can think of is to test to see if its really me, If I was smart enough to win the contest, but its an art contest. my math skills are unrelated.

EDIT -

possible theories on the next characters

[+] 1 user Likes BBB's post

(05-31-2020, 05:20 PM)bbb Wrote: I may be in the minority, but I much prefer they continue sf5 then make sf6. sf5 doesn't look dated, so i see no reason for 6. And what would 6 bring exactly? slightly better graphics and 3/4 of the roster removed? It's the most annoying part of a fighting game sequel, then unnecessary removal of characters.
@"bbb"

There are fundamental issues with 5 that DLC is not going to solve and that aren't getting addressed until they make a totally new game. The garbage netcode. Stages causing lag because the game isn't optimized. Characters designed to be robbery characters, or not fun at all until they have V-Trigger. Some of this is just stuff you can't fix without totally rebuilding the framework of the game. 

Also I care less about the graphics and more about having a different set of mechanics to play around with. I'd be totally fine if they reused the models and added characters a la MvC or SFxT. 

But in the late 90s Capcom was outputting a ton of games so if you didn't like something there was always something new to play coming up.

Now it's just "make one game every 8 or 9 years" and if you don't like it you are just stuck for the rest of the decade. 

Quote:Now I'm not so sure I want to submit it. reading the rules and such. they want my personal information. they are making a big deal about copyright infringement (that hair is still very similar to the original source). Plus I am already grounds for disqualification because I wasn't supposed to post it anywhere publicly, which I just did here.

Yeah I read the rules for the Americas and it feels risky tbh. "We want your personal information" is already a yikes.
Also the rules were basically like "if someone sues us for any reason you are personally liable" sooooo. I dunno about all that. 

It would be nice to have the ego boost but.... risky. I'd have to be smart about what I designed for something like that.
[+] 1 user Likes sleepy_scrub's post

@"sleepy_scrub"

if sf6 kept the same graphics and existing characters from 5, and just changed what ever mechanics or other things they wanted to change I would be okay with that.

I won't be submitting it, however I already made the design, so if anyone wants to, they can submit my design and can keep the prize on the 0.1% chance that my design would win.

[Image: t0K4NEA.jpg]

AND...

[Image: FwQZCj8.jpg]
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

Full wide shot of new stage & Laura's CPT costume:
Show ContentSpoiler:
The source
[Image: iz5LICs.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Karl_Est's post

The character reveals are coming in August 5th:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/jul/...-august-5/
[Image: iz5LICs.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Karl_Est's post

(07-28-2020, 05:17 PM)Karl_Est Wrote: The character reveals are coming in August 5th:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/jul/...-august-5/

Please, we need her in the game:

[Image: df9xCHE.jpg]
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

Updated Dlc manifest for ~mods users

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yrzdikzaz...ifest/file

Updated character costume list with 2 new Laura costumes (champions choice, and champion's choice with Poison's skull and crossbones emblem for some reason). Also added NPC codes.

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid...4#pid20364
[+] 3 users Like BBB's post

Changelog for Title Update v5.040
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfa...42?lang=en

Imo the most notable things are they fix the "game crash when pressing F12 key" issue and now PC users can also have access to the EX2 and EX3 colors (which were previously exclusive for PS4 users) provided you own the 2016 and 2017 CPT Packs.
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post

@"bbb" The poison skull/emblem code is the coded version of the costume, she takes of the jacket/blazer/blouse and the heart shaped skull from Poison's hat works as brooch, pinning her tie. It's kinda cute and a nice detail. Since I just saw in Idom's stream, I don't know if it's only his version, like Du's name or Mena's hair, or if it's for everybody.

BTW, thanks for the manifest, I had forgotten about ^^
[Image: tumblr_oxczqk_HBOZ1uq6svio1_540.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FvckBringeR's post

@"FvckBringeR"

the thing is, they are 2 different costumes C12 and C13. codes are not separate, they are in the same costume. so if the poison skull is the one available in the shop, that means their is another duplicate costume that doesn't have that code option. that is the only difference I see in umodel. maybe its a special version that is only for the tournament winner, with his name on there somewhere? There are other costumes like that. (guile, rashid)

and you're welcome Smile

@"FvckBringeR"
@"bbb"
Except the one for CPT 2016 (which is Necalli and it's for the last USF4 Capcom Cup 2015 champion, Kazunoko), all CPT Champion's Choice costumes has two versions and I don't mean the "easter-egg code" version (it's different matter). The first version is the public version meaning this one is what we get when we buy the costume from the store, then there is another version which I call "private version" and I suppose it's only given for the Capcom Cup winner as all of these costumes has something related to those people. Here are the details:
1. For CPT 2017 Guile costume, the private version (C9) has NuckeDu's nametag
2. For CPT 2018 Birdie costume, the private version (C7) has MenaRD's hairstyle
3. For CPT 2019 Rashid costume, the private version (C9) has Gachikun's name in the back
4. For CPT 2020 Laura costume, the private version (C12) has the skull emblem (from Poison's hat) as brooch because iDom also plays Poison
[+] 2 users Like robhal's post